Club Arnage
June 27, 2024, 07:51:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: suspected swine flu  (Read 5585 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: July 13, 2009, 06:42:27 pm »

Felt like sh*t all weekend and now spoken to the doctor who suspects swine flu.

Anyone else had it, I am being prescribed tamiflu which has pretty nasty side affects, any practical experiance of the drug, is it worth it?

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 06:46:09 pm »

Felt like sh*t all weekend and now spoken to the doctor who suspects swine flu.

Anyone else had it, I am being prescribed tamiflu which has pretty nasty side affects, any practical experiance of the drug, is it worth it?

Brad's had it apparently, though how he didn't infect someone else I have no idea, we even drank from his bottle of cava.  Huh I'm a bit disappointed really.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 06:50:06 pm »

Daughter has it. She was pretty rough on Fri evening/Saturday but the Tamiflu stuff seems to alleviate the symptoms quite effectively (or maybe she's over the worst). She's occassionally being sick after eating, and feels dizzy sometimes too but other than that she's OK. Mrs is at work today and getting the cold shoulder from colleagues... was told by someone she should be wearing a mask (but then I've always said that... LOL)
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 07:29:12 pm »

It's fairly mild - but the Tamiflu knocks you for six.  I wasn't sick once, but it certainly made me feel extremely cr4p.   

The best advice I can give, is don't be a slave to work. You are ill. If you are ill, don't let work bully you into staying in the office - if there are people with Kids around it can quickly end up as a serious condition. 

Expect to be treated like a leppur for about 2 weeks - and get talked about - it's been hyped so much, that any opinion gets wildly out of control....unfortunately you can't avoid telling people, as they need to know that you've been infected.

Hope you recover quickly!

Brad

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 07:29:35 pm »

Personally don't intend to have a jab, or take Tamiflu (should the occasion arise and I am prescribed it).

Work for a GP so have spent a bit of time involved in the panic: IIRC Tamiflu needs to be taken within 12 hours of first symptoms to make any appreciable difference so a bit late now if you had symptoms on Saturday. Also spent 3 hours in a meet with my GPs last week: for medico-legal reasons (aka CYA) they will be prescribing Tamiflu to anyone who has anything close to flu symptoms - basically they can't afford not to. Telling the difference between swine flu and any other is not realistically possible: our 1 patient (so far) who was swabbed - it took 13 days before the lab reported the result!

Just for a laugh - the summary doc for when to prescribe Tamiflu is 15 pages - all I can say is fortunately we weren't sent the whole thing.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 07:53:20 pm »

I have been feeling like cr*p for last couple of days, shivery, achey, swollen throat, banging head, etc.  but that might be more to do with working very long days and only sleeping 3-4 hours at night than any kind of flu!!

Only been to the gym once in a week too... things must be bad...

F

SL
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 10:36:58 pm »

Here in deepest Sussex we recomend the shotgun option to those who sneeze

Blocklades at the towns entry points are being manned as I type this.
Water is in short suppy food is plentyful but does have the odd shotgun pellet in it.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 08:30:00 pm »

I have been feeling like cr*p for last couple of days, shivery, achey, swollen throat, banging head, etc.  but that might be more to do with working very long days and only sleeping 3-4 hours at night than any kind of flu!!

Only been to the gym once in a week too... things must be bad...

F

Fran, you're not my wife are you?

I tested negative for patience.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 08:35:07 pm »

Here in deepest Sussex we recomend the shotgun option to those who sneeze

Blocklades at the towns entry points are being manned as I type this.
Water is in short suppy food is plentyful but does have the odd shotgun pellet in it.

Het SL what part of Sussex are you from?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 01:38:22 am »

Fran, you're not my wife are you?

Nothing personal Lord S - but I sincerely hope not!!  Smiley

F
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 02:39:41 pm »

Feeling alot better now, the tamiflu did cause a few issues, mainly urgent and unexpected so I put my doctors hat on and decided to stop taking it after a few days.

The flu as Brad says was no worse than any other flu, tiredness, cough, fever etc. the cough being the worst part.

As you dont get tested now, I dont in fact know if I even had swine flu, it may have been normal flu or even a bad cough/infection.

Both my children have had symptons as well, but seemed to be cope alot better than i did with only one night each of high temp which dropped in the morning and a cough that really annoyed me as they just would not stop during 'homes under the hammer', I clearly had the more serious grown up version.

The missus has been completely ok, and was therefore well able to look after me as required

The only disappointment has been that the mother in law has not been round.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
SL
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 07:00:53 pm »

So it is safe to let you travel to Deepest East Grinstead.

I will let the snipers know

Simon

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 09:39:08 pm »

I clearly had the more serious grown up version.
Man Flu  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: