Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 11:34:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skiing with a 1 year old baby  (Read 6615 times)
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2009, 01:35:45 pm »

Has anyone been skiing with a very young child (preferably their own!)?

If so, which resort did you go to and what form of childcare did you use? Obviously our baby won't be skiing but many resorts only offer childcare from 3 years old upwards.

Ta.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 02:29:17 pm »

Rob

Would  recommend Esprit, they have a good range of resorts and their childcare is excellent, from 3 months old I think.
Especially if you both want to ski all day.
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 02:47:30 pm »

Rob,

Also look at Neilson and Mark Warner have very good child care in their resorts.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 02:53:59 pm »

Sorry Rob, you're a parent now.  Fun and enjoyment of ANY kind is now no longer allowed  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 03:22:38 pm »

There is also Club Med if you like the French way of doing things.
Haven't used their ski programme, but found them excellent when we used them one summer.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 04:55:17 pm »

Thanks for the advice. They all look good but Esprit has the edge as they have a chalet in Saas-Fee which is where we went last year (for my wife's first ski trip). It's also good that the nursery is actually in the chalet so no ferrying her about everywhere.

@Steve - I am allowed controlled, organised fun when carefully supervised by my wife. It's when I go out with people like you that problems arise  Grin

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 11:03:16 pm »

Thanks for the advice. They all look good but Esprit has the edge as they have a chalet in Saas-Fee which is where we went last year (for my wife's first ski trip). It's also good that the nursery is actually in the chalet so no ferrying her about everywhere.

@Steve - I am allowed controlled, organised fun when carefully supervised by my wife. It's when I go out with people like you that problems arise  Grin

I trust you are coming to Rotterdam in November then??  angel
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 11:21:06 pm »

I trust you are coming to Rotterdam in November then??  angel

When I was discussing my proposed annual trips a while ago she mentioned Rotterdam as if it was a given. "I don't think they're doing that any more I said"  Roll Eyes

Given that I am "entertaining clients" for the weekend at the rugby on 21st November it would seem to be unlikely that I'll be there. Although I didn't go to Le Mans this year. But our wedding anniversary is on 18th November...

LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 09:29:51 am »

Excuses, excuses Rob. We planned it extra on the 14th, so you can ben home at the 18th, and entertain clients on the 21th. So you just get your sorry ass to this side of the nortsea that weekend!

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 05:34:17 pm »

...Mark Warner have very good child care in their resorts.

They did not do such a good job with the McCanns did they?  Sad Or have they tightened things up a bit since then?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 06:28:07 pm »

The very best solution with young children and a skiing holiday, is leave them with the grandparents.
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 06:53:02 pm »

...Mark Warner have very good child care in their resorts.

They did not do such a good job with the McCanns did they?  Sad Or have they tightened things up a bit since then?

Andy, went for 2 weeks to Greece just weeks after the terrible business in Portugal. Have to say MW were excellent, very good facilities and child care was excellent. All the staff were aware of security, there was a very strict "sign in and sign out" in the childrens beach clubs. The accomodation had good security locks on the main and patio doors. The dragon wife calmed down after the first week Roll Eyes The lad, who was seven at the time had an absolute ball. So much so we book on our return to go back to the same place last summer. Last year was just as good, child care was excellent. Trying Neilson holidays in a weeks time so will let you all know what the child care is like on my return;D
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 08:26:09 pm »

Trying Neilson holidays in a weeks time

Neilson Holidays!!? Are they the ones that dismember your children and put them in the fridge?
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 08:46:58 pm »

Trying Neilson holidays in a weeks time

Neilson Holidays!!? Are they the ones that dismember your children and put them in the fridge?
H

Common error H. You're thinking of Denis Neilsen the Muswell Hill strangler and chopper-upper of gays. Wheras you ought to be thinking Donald Neilson (note spelling), better known as The Black Panther. I don't know if you recall but it was he who terrorised Staffordshire/Shropshire in the mid seventies and who very regretably left Leslie Whittle "swinging in the drain". A nasty business.

I've never liked those McCanns mind.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 09:18:40 am »

I've never liked those McCanns mind.

I hate oven chips too. there crap.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: