Club Arnage
July 04, 2024, 06:36:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you had to choose one memory from this years Le Mans  (Read 19335 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2009, 10:25:45 pm »

The scene when we left...

* LM09 036.JPG (353.51 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 574 times.)

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2009, 10:51:38 pm »

Trying to get to the BN loo on Thursday lunchtime was quite an experience - I was greeted by so many people I nearly peed in my knickers, it took me so long to get there and I'd only parked the car about ten meters away. Wonderful to see all you guys and gals again and so great to have made it after ten months when there were times I wasn't sure I'd be fit enough.  Now I just have to figure out how we manage Spa....  
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 02:27:11 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 12:35:33 am »

It was so good to see you Deb.
What a year you have had.
I am sure that with your determination, and Ian's asistance, you will make Spa, if you want to.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 01:05:57 am »

Fantastic Film and a perfect description!!!!
Great Idea about the protection equipment but I want to Keep my FAC so lets stick to the latter 2. I believe they are known as Sex Prods in Europe Wink

Is that similar to a "sex punch"??  Grin
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2009, 01:30:13 am »

I have to say that I had a fantastic several days with some fantastic people, but my best moment has to be the same as Andy Z's.

It was such a fantastic afternoon and being amongst so many people that were at Le Mans for their trip Andy and I were of course in our element, sharing tales of years gone by, other race tracks, how I stalked Johnny Herbert for years and forced his retirement, we had quite a crowd. A few of them seemed to wonder who we were, but most were more interested in who was sat with HRH Prince Michael of Kent. (I bet he didn't pay £1600 to be there either!!!)

As it got later in the day, and we consumed more Champagne in our small group of 10 people than the rest of the attendees put together, we were receiving far too much attention from people who seemed to be glaring at us as if to say "they shouldn't be in here" when Dave Richards walked straight up to us as he arrived and greeted us like best friends. The snobs hated it!!! I wouldn't be surprised if he asks Andy and I into the pits next year as we've been so lucky for him at Sebring at Le Mans. We declined a lift home in his helicopter.

For once I didn't sing Mustang Sally, but instead crooned a couple of ballads to the ensemble on the terrace as we sipped Champagne and my renditions of "You do something to me" and Lady in Red" have booked me a job at a wedding at Goodwood House later this year.

It was just such a disgrace that they ran out of Champagne at 7pm and we had to head back, but not before the trip down the pit straight. I didn't quite understand why the Security guards thought we shouldn't be there so tried to ram us into the pit wall but we all survived to tell the tale and it only took two minutes of my best French to save us from being arrested and to have the vehicle keys returned.

Photos once I've worked out how to get them off the new Blackberry.

Pastis_JPC

A long way from home - 4.2 light years in fact!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2009, 12:27:09 am »

I have to say that I had a fantastic several days with some fantastic people, but my best moment has to be the same as Andy Z's.

It was such a fantastic afternoon and being amongst so many people that were at Le Mans for their trip Andy and I were of course in our element, sharing tales of years gone by, other race tracks, how I stalked Johnny Herbert for years and forced his retirement, we had quite a crowd. A few of them seemed to wonder who we were, but most were more interested in who was sat with HRH Prince Michael of Kent. (I bet he didn't pay £1600 to be there either!!!)

As it got later in the day, and we consumed more Champagne in our small group of 10 people than the rest of the attendees put together, we were receiving far too much attention from people who seemed to be glaring at us as if to say "they shouldn't be in here" when Dave Richards walked straight up to us as he arrived and greeted us like best friends. The snobs hated it!!! I wouldn't be surprised if he asks Andy and I into the pits next year as we've been so lucky for him at Sebring at Le Mans. We declined a lift home in his helicopter.

For once I didn't sing Mustang Sally, but instead crooned a couple of ballads to the ensemble on the terrace as we sipped Champagne and my renditions of "You do something to me" and Lady in Red" have booked me a job at a wedding at Goodwood House later this year.

It was just such a disgrace that they ran out of Champagne at 7pm and we had to head back, but not before the trip down the pit straight. I didn't quite understand why the Security guards thought we shouldn't be there so tried to ram us into the pit wall but we all survived to tell the tale and it only took two minutes of my best French to save us from being arrested and to have the vehicle keys returned.

Slim, I think you've neglected to mention that you were in Aston Martin hospitality.  Roll Eyes Wink

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2009, 11:20:17 pm »

Jeremy being taken for a walk. Grin

Neil after witnessing the Jeremy antics...
 Grin

* neil1.jpg (62.32 KB, 402x604 - viewed 553 times.)

* neil2.jpg (33.44 KB, 402x604 - viewed 529 times.)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 11:22:13 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2009, 11:52:20 pm »

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2009, 02:04:16 am »

Not being there which really pi55ed me off.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Maximum

Mad Max DFH

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2009, 10:27:04 pm »

Missed 2009 LM

My wife gave birth of our son end of may.

Proud dad of a son ( Thomas )

Next year back in business an probably towing the famous DFH beertender again.

Missed this year, se you all in 2010

Live life to the Max
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2009, 08:55:33 am »

The Blue Nord CA area was like the encampment in Mad Max II on sunday night. I was expecting to see MG Mark fly over us in his gyrocopter at any minute.

Bugger - I knew that there was something I was supposed to be doing.........

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2009, 07:49:36 pm »

At last, photographic proof of jeremy's revenge...

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2009, 10:30:29 pm »

Just to show he was taken for a walk and not just left in the car.

* Jeremy.jpg (78.46 KB, 604x453 - viewed 441 times.)

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2009, 12:53:27 am »

Missed 2009 LM

My wife gave birth of our son end of may.

Proud dad of a son ( Thomas )

Next year back in business an probably towing the famous DFH beertender again.

Missed this year, se you all in 2010

Congratulations Max and Mrs Max.

Welcome Thomas to a life of pertual happiness and sorry. If you are like your Dad, it will all be happiness.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2009, 10:22:04 am »

My memory would be Saturday night / Sunday morning.

Sound up to 11 people  Grin

I have to say though, some of the things I've read on this thread make me wonder if I'm doing it right!

Did I just say that out loud?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: