Club Arnage
June 28, 2024, 07:40:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parking???  (Read 17785 times)
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2009, 02:26:20 pm »

There was quite a bit of chat about having to buy parking in advance so I have to confess that team Monkey was a little concerned that we might have a problem. We had discussed it in detail. Obviously it would be completely impossible for the organisers to only sell tickets in advance only. What would be the point??? How would they cope with all the people turning up without parking tickets - what would everyone do - dump their cars and walk to the circuit? But having said that early Saturday morning we received a phone call from Team Carr suggesting that all the parking was sold out!! So the tension mounted a little as we approached the car park at Mulsanne. We turned right - and there was the caravan and two lovely ladies selling a ticket there and then - just as they always have done year in year out. The only difference being it was a little cheaper this year I think at 8 Euros??

DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 02:38:16 pm »

Situation normal at Arnage corner as well.  Sailed straight thru in the half-hour break between quali sessions, and straight onto the first car park - pas de problem!

I believe the car park for which you needed to buy tickets is the one inside the barriers.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
ewan
CA Veteran

Hammer didn't fix it. Must be electrical fault.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 09:15:27 pm »

No, the paid for car park was the first one on the right after you round the corner opposite the entrance to the Arnage enclosure. They were selling tickets on the Saturday at the entrance to the car park for €8, but by the Sunday when we came back, anyone who hadn't bought a ticket was sent to the overflow car park a bit further along.

Where they got to park for free.

Go figure??

Newspaper misprints from around the world:
    "After the boat had been secured above the wrecked galleon the
    apparatus was set in motion by the captain's 18-year old daughter,
    Veronica. Within an hour, she was yielding her treasure to the
    excited crew."
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 09:16:52 pm »

French......

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 09:20:18 pm »

Thats where we normally end up.
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 10:35:34 pm »

Parking fee, what parking fee, we ended up parking on Sunday at the same road we always do just before Arnage without paying anything.  Grin
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 12:19:42 am »

No, the paid for car park was the first one on the right after you round the corner opposite the entrance to the Arnage enclosure.

That was the car park I went in - on thursday night.  So the payment was just for during the race then.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Douglas
CA Veteran

Cum on hear de noyse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 01:55:31 pm »

wish we had taken the car to Arnage and Mulsanne
We spent 5.5.hrs on ruddy bus going round and round between the two trying to get back to Stranglers concert

Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 02:43:01 pm »

We drove to Arnage at about 02.30 during the race and then moved onto Mulsanne at about 04.30, with no problems.

No one asked for a parking ticket or €8.

I suspect the ticket / payment issue comes into play during what the ACO regard as the peak hours (i.e. upto midnight).

I flet that numbers in both areas were down on last year, at the times we visited.

In fact, it felt like the total attendance was less than last year. Even towards the end of the race when a home when was a certainty, the terraces opposite the pits had ample space.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 03:11:08 pm »

Same as us we drove to Arnage at about 4.00am Sunday.We were just waved stright into the carpark, NO charge.

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 03:38:29 pm »

Same as us we drove to Arnage at about 4.00am Sunday.We were just waved stright into the carpark, NO charge.
Did you have a parking permit from a different part of the circuit on display?  I did notice quite a few 'vert', 'rouge' and 'bleu' permitted cars down in the Mulsanne/Arnage car parks.

It certainly used to be the case that such tickets allowed access to Mulsanne, Arnage and Hunaudieres without shelling out again, but I had interpretted the changes this year to be that this would no longer be the case and that a different permit would be required for each car park zone visited.

ewan
CA Veteran

Hammer didn't fix it. Must be electrical fault.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 03:52:43 pm »

Did you have a parking permit from a different part of the circuit on display?  I did notice quite a few 'vert', 'rouge' and 'bleu' permitted cars down in the Mulsanne/Arnage car parks.

It certainly used to be the case that such tickets allowed access to Mulsanne, Arnage and Hunaudieres without shelling out again, but I had interpretted the changes this year to be that this would no longer be the case and that a different permit would be required for each car park zone visited.

When we went to drive into the car park on the Saturday morning (to watch the legends race) the first one was less than half full; when they asked for a ticket, I pointed to the Bleu Nord camping ticket we were displaying but they said no, we had to buy an Arnage/Mulsanne specific parking ticket...

Newspaper misprints from around the world:
    "After the boat had been secured above the wrecked galleon the
    apparatus was set in motion by the captain's 18-year old daughter,
    Veronica. Within an hour, she was yielding her treasure to the
    excited crew."
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 06:05:55 pm »

No, only our B/N camping permit. I went to buy a €8 permit at the the rotounde only to be told that you paid when you got there which as you know we didn't. Still a great spot for watching.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 08:48:29 pm »

We drove to Arnage at about 02.30 during the race and then moved onto Mulsanne at about 04.30, with no problems.

No one asked for a parking ticket or €8.

I suspect the ticket / payment issue comes into play during what the ACO regard as the peak hours (i.e. upto midnight).

I flet that numbers in both areas were down on last year, at the times we visited.

In fact, it felt like the total attendance was less than last year. Even towards the end of the race when a home when was a certainty, the terraces opposite the pits had ample space.

You are quite right Christopher, I was on the terracing for the last three hours of the race where I meet a French family every year and we had bags of room. To be honest I thought that the reaction of the French spectators to a home win was slightly muted. Imagine the pandemonium if the Astons had come home first!!

It was also very noticeable how relatively empty Houx was.

I tested negative for patience.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 09:41:36 pm »

I was predicting that if the Pug was leading on Sunday morning then the place would be packed by the finish.
How wrong I was. I think there was more noise and pandamonium when Bentley won, than this year.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: