Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 05:35:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Backpacking in Europe and the LM24.  (Read 3484 times)
Harley

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2009, 04:56:01 pm »

G'day everybody!

After years of dreaming and listening to Radio Le Mans every June, I have finally been able to take the plunge and go to Europe this year.

My girlfriend Amelia and I are from Orange, NSW in Australia (you are probably aware of Bathurst 50km away) and are taking four weeks off work and study to tour Europe.

I have a few questions and proposals about our trip to Le Mans.

First of all, we have purchased a camping ticket in the new Pincenardier camping grounds. Are there any other CA members staying here? We will have no vehicle, just a tent so there is half a site available if anyone wants it.

Also, we have the problem of what to do with our camping ticket, as it is recommended to display it on a car dash board.

And given we have a very stingy baggage limit, we won't even be taking a hammer for our tent. Should we just find a rock!?

Would it be possible to pair up with someone in the same area so we can show our ticket? We can pay you in the form of a free tent at the end of the race if you like!

Also are the any shuttle buses likely to operate from these campsites? I understand it is a new campsite for this year so information is difficult to come by.

I would also like to know what my chances are of getting onto a train to return to Paris after the race. We will probably watch the end of the race from the ACO enclosure near tetre rouge or from our grandstand at the Ford chicane and will walk to the tramstop from there and take it into Le Mans. Is it likely that we will get on a train, or should we try something else?

And can we purchase general entry tickets after we get off the tram or do we have to go to the main entrance?

Anyway, any help you can lend will be greatly appreciated.

I've read loads of threads on here allready and it seems like the place to go for first hand knowledge and experience!

I can't wait for the race, and indeed the whole trip, hopefully I'll see you there!

Harley

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 05:11:14 pm »

Hi Harley

Welcome to the mad house.

A lot of CA & DFH members are spread around the campsite. MB, BN, Houx, BJ, and your campsite. So your bound to meet up with some of us.

Sat night everyone tries to meets up (beer does not help) at  the CA gathering on Saturday 9.00 pm at the Courbe bar. (BYO - hey Oz style  Smiley)

Answer some of your questions, not in order.

1. Camp pass -  when you go in show the guy at the gate, and he'll point you in the right dirrection. When they come round to check, just get it out your pocket and show. Don't leave it out - as it will go walkies. Once they had asked you a few times, they will get use to you.

2. Hammer - not sure on the ground conditions on that site, but most people are helpfull and will lend you a hammer just ask.

3. Shuttle bus, think everywhere you walk. But there is a great tram system

4. Not sure about the train after the race, roads normally grid locked for a while after the race, not sure about the trams.

5. Entry tickets - get almost any where on the entrances to the circuit, becareful about dodgy tickets form touts.

But the main help I can give you - down load and print off the CA guide. The guide can be downloaded at http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide Well worth the effort. Tells you all teh secrets and more about the race.

Have fun, look out for us - on BN.

Cheers

Sorry CA guide should have been No.1 thing for you to do!!!!! The guide can be downloaded at http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 05:25:02 pm by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 06:08:41 pm »

There are ticket booths at the entrance by the tram station.

I have been told that the trains are very busy, but somebody else better confirm this.

Have a safe trip, and enjoy your first Le Mans. Grin
KSM86

Team KSM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 06:15:30 pm »

Hahah good old Orange, my family was originally from there. Hope you guys enjoy Le Mans. Umm if u want to check ticket avialbily i suggest u maybe pre book your train back.

I booked through this site www.tgv-europe.com

Kruse Schiller Motorsport 09
Team Felbermayr Proton  09
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 10:09:55 pm »

Reservation on the train strongly recommended if not mandatory. The Gare (station) will be packed on sunday night. If you do not have pressing business in Paris I would suggest you stay one more night of camping at the track and leave Monday morning with a rservation on the train ( 1 hour to Paris) arrives Montparnasse Gare. If you decide to stay keep your possesions close as the gypsys come and clean up what is left behind. the tram keeps running it's regu;lar schedule so no problem getting into town.

Canada Phil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: