Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 06:29:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: That's it, I'm off !!  (Read 25701 times)
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2009, 11:27:28 pm »

Car half packed. Bags half ready.
Should be on the road by 10.00 and near the circuit by 1.00 (ish)...
We'll see.
Night night and see you all there.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2009, 11:30:48 pm »

Randy - you had your chance  Evil
We'll tell you all anbout it when we return to blighty  Evil

I do love hearing those stories.

Have a great time !
I mean it.

Randy

Hey Randy,

Tell me a story ...

Dx

Yes tell us about Fireball Flagstaff or whatever your alter ego was called, it was a great tale!

Well,
Fireball Flag was his name.Only the GREATEST race car driver to ever piss between two boots.

They were using now famous and treacherous Indy 500 "three wide" start.[now outlawed in over seventeen states,including Texas].Starting in the middle of ninth row of eleven didnt bother ol Fireball though.
He was wearing his lucky number seven on the door of the "Red Dick and Blue Ball and Roller Special". As usuall
the action at Sunshine Speedway that balmy Sat. night under the full moon was as hot and as heavy as the air that hung heavy in the night.It was apparent from the get-go,that Fireball was again a man on a mission.First running the low line,a couple of positions here,a couple of positions there.Not enough though to satisfy the driving urges inside of Fireball Flag.So with a powerful turn to the right,he throws her to the outside,closest to the wall where only the BRAVEST of few even dared to think of.You know this was Fireball's home turf.Against the wall runnin High Wide and  HAND SOME!
The race wears on.
Fireball's car is hooked-up.This thing has a set-up on it that only Junior Johnson Jr. could understand,I mean it was on RAILS.A little loose,but a little loose is FAST on the edge of out of control.Fireball begin to notice omongst the usuall smells hanging heavy in the air that night.The distinct sweet smell of  coolant coming from competitors overheating engine.The track starting to get slick,and Fireball knows he must pass this one fast.The coolant is beginning to cover Fireball's windscreen,and in grand swooshing motion a tidal wave of coolant sends the car sliding into the infield.
Fireball collects his thoughts.As he re-enter the speedway the track officials are all very excited to see thier favorite driver return to the tarmac.As he travels down the back straightway to regain his position before the spin,caused by track conditions.The track cleanup crew also happy to see his return begin running on the track waving thier arms in overwheiming excitement.The field stops on the front straight,Fireball takes his original position.The red flag stops the race to clean the track of the competitors engine coolant.
Fireball notices the race flagger coming to talk to him.Probably to tell him what a great of spinning with complete control into the field without tearing anything up.
The flagger leans in the window,Fireball shuts off the 725 hp highly tuned racing engine.
Just in time to hear him say.
HEY DUMB ASS ! Your car is overheating and you have poured coolant all the way around the track.
Get this PIECE OF sh*t OFF MY TRACK BEFORE I KICK YOUR ASS !

Fireball Flag

# 7

If you aint FIRST,your last !

Thank you Randy, beautifully told as ever! God I love that story. You had me in fits at Sebring with that one. Weewee  squirted out. Grin

Go Fireball!!  Evil

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2009, 11:46:04 pm »

well this is it

'pooter gets turned off in a few minutes

Bill goes beddybyes and at six o'clock of your european hours in Greenwich heads off in search of Dover

I am advised this mythical place lies at the end of a Golden Road that has few pitfalls as long as I dont give lifts to girlies in ruby slippers

No chance there is no room even for chicks named Dorfy wiv doggies called Towrow

or tinmen, lions or scareycrows

Yess termorrer I'm orf to see the Wizards of BlooNord

happy miles to all who are joining me on the quest, and to those forced by evil circumstances to remain at home
"we'll be back"

ciao baby

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2009, 12:38:12 am »

Perdu,

The LM experience cannot be equaled.  Just enjoy along with everyone else, particulary on the CA-BN enclave.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2009, 06:58:10 am »

Okey dokey.  I'm off. 

Just about to saddle up the Caddy, see you all in Club Carnage.  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2009, 10:18:22 am »

Off now see you on the sunny side

>Martini..LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Queen Vic of the Melans
CA Veteran

Vicky

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2009, 10:31:31 am »

the clock's ticking, car on its way to being packed... just have to get through the day, wait for the melans to arrive and then set sail this evening. 

i probably wont get to post again, so have a great time everyone and hope that those staying behind this year get to make it again next.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2009, 11:22:34 am »

Two wet days in Jacobins behind us - so far only seen 4 CAers but enough to make it feel like the party's starting. Grin  We've postponed plans to pitch the tent today as it's p*ssing down - goodness knows what the campsites look like...  May be able to post some pics later but I discovered yesterday that my camera did not survive the crash like we thought it had so I'm not sure what I'll be able to take them with.  Not a great time to need to spend more Euros. Roll Eyes

Hope to see more of you tonight at practice. Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2009, 11:25:01 am »

Now I'm miserable I'm not there, despite the weather.

Today is damp here, but I'm indoors packing for my American adventure, as I leave tomorrow.

Enjoy LM you lucky bunch. Hope the weather improves as predicted.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2009, 11:53:21 am »

Now I'm miserable I'm not there, despite the weather.

Today is damp here, but I'm indoors packing for my American adventure, as I leave tomorrow.

Enjoy LM you lucky bunch. Hope the weather improves as predicted.

Have fun Smokster, see you soon...  Smiley

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2009, 12:34:22 pm »

Going to Indiana, perchance?  That's where a group of us are watching the race.  Lots of beer and fat guys.  Just like being there, but with more chicken wings.  Grin

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2009, 12:45:26 pm »

Lots of beer and fat guys.

I'd setltle into that pretty well, but only passing through Indiana and not till Monday. Need to get the Chicago Blues Festival out of the way over the weekend!!  Smiley
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2009, 12:48:29 pm »

I'd setltle into that pretty well, but only passing through Indiana and not till Monday. Need to get the Chicago Blues Festival out of the way over the weekend!!  Smiley

Shame I'm leaving for the weekend or I'd buy a round.  I can see Grant Park from my office if I hang out the window.

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
pool pugilist

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2009, 03:01:46 pm »

Last posting until next week!! We are off in 1 half hours....down to Pompey for the night crosiing to St Malo.....hopefully bring some nice weather with us!! Cool

We are on HA Rang H Place 34/35 if anyone wants to pop over for a cool un!! Grin

Weena

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2009, 03:50:22 pm »

Wooooooooo hooooooooooo im offski  Grin see you all at party central - cant wait

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: