Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 07:25:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have a good time everyone and travel safely!  (Read 8671 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 03:00:43 pm »

I feel for you and anyone else who's not going mate. I missed last year through some "local difficulties" and it was torture. Add to that getting a ticking off on here by Andy Zarse for missing the best race in years and reading reports from everyone on their return really hacked me off.
Keep Eurosport on, don't go to bed, drink yourself stupid and demand regular texts from those there.
Chin up and make sure you are with us next year.
Steve

Steve, I do hope you don't feel I singled you out last year.  Evil This year there's so many "no shows" it would have been a waste of breath berating them all. Most folk have perfectly plausible excuses, teacher's notes etc, although some people, mentioning no names like KevMk3  Wink, are nothing short of lilly livered wimps who just can't hack it.

As you rightly say, last year was the best for ages, so this year's likely going to be complete crap. Thinking about it, I'm not even sure I can be arsed to go myself.  Sad

Keith and Althea, hope you have fun in the garden guys!  Cheesy

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 03:07:10 pm »

so this year's likely going to be complete crap.   

Good to see the spirit of Victor Meldrew Zarse lives on even if he can't be arsed to turn up himself.

F
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 03:11:30 pm »

I'll tell you how it feels not to be going.

IT SUCKS!

The Melans will miss you  Cry
Myself, Claire and Alex will have a drink for you. Infact we will have several drinks for you..... every day! Wink

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
SimonH

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 03:26:25 pm »

Have a ball everyone, but be safe. This time next week I'll be in Chicago at the Blues Festival (or will I still be in bed? Haven't worked out the time difference yet!). I'll see if I can find LM on Speed over the weekend.

Smokie,

Dad's in Florida so missing the race this year. He sent me a link to let me know he'll not miss the race, Speed have some coverage on the TV and the rest is online from the looks of it....times are all Eastern,

Saturday, June 13
8:00 a.m. - Le Mans Pre-Qualifying on SPEED*
8:30 a.m. - Noon - Le Mans 24 Hours on SPEED (Live – The Start)
Noon - 4:30 p.m. - SPEEDtv.com streaming coverage with RadioLemans.com
4:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. - Le Mans 24 Hours on SPEED (Live – Day Into Night)
10:00 p.m. – Midnight - SPEEDtv.com streaming coverage with RadioLemans.com

Sunday, June 14
Midnight – 10:00 a.m. - Le Mans 24 Hours (Live – The Finish)

*Denotes Tape Delay

Hope that helps.....

Simon - the new head of the Le Mans organising committee
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 03:40:00 pm »

Thanks Simon, now all I have to do is work out the time difference...  Roll Eyes
gturner

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 03:56:07 pm »

It's 5 hours behind Britain, so the Speed coverage would start at 1:00pm.
gturner

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 04:01:34 pm »

I do feel bad for anyone who has to miss this year.  I remember the first year I decided to skip the Canadian GP; I spent the week trying to follow the Montreal papers to see the off-track activities and basically throwing mini-tantrums about where I was "supposed" to be.  Then the race ended out being the crazy one with Kubica's giant crash and the field all jumbled.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 04:15:52 pm »

Thanks Simon, now all I have to do is work out the time difference...  Roll Eyes

Smokie,

Stop trying to pretend you're actually going to watch some of the race while you're in Chicago.  God knows you never do when you're actually at Le Mans!   Tongue

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 04:36:21 pm »

Or Florida Roll Eyes

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 04:47:56 pm »

Hmmm - you have a point there  Roll Eyes

At least I now know the time difference and didn't have to look it up  Grin
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 08:09:33 pm »

Well, I sent KK to Tesco yesterday to buy six boxes of Stella - that should be enough for the two of us I think? (on top of the stack we already have anyway!   Haven't got any Leffe though so that might be a mistake, we do have a couple of cases of Samour so that might balance things up.   Grin
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 09:14:03 pm »

Have a ball everyone, but be safe. This time next week I'll be in Chicago at the Blues Festival (or will I still be in bed? Haven't worked out the time difference yet!). I'll see if I can find LM on Speed over the weekend.
Smokie
About 5 years ago I found myself, albeit a little sloppy, in Blue Chicago. I can't remember the name of the band but the average age of the band must've been 60. The lead singer was an elderly lady who sang a song for "the very drunk Englishman". The slowest, heaviest, electric blues I have ever, ever, ever heard.
You enjoy it mate - a part of me wishes I was there as well. (To be honest, that's B******s,  I'll make do this year with the sound of the Astons)
Cheers
Steve

I tested negative for patience.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 09:18:25 pm »

I feel for you and anyone else who's not going mate. I missed last year through some "local difficulties" and it was torture. Add to that getting a ticking off on here by Andy Zarse for missing the best race in years and reading reports from everyone on their return really hacked me off.
Keep Eurosport on, don't go to bed, drink yourself stupid and demand regular texts from those there.
Chin up and make sure you are with us next year.
Steve

Steve, I do hope you don't feel I singled you out last year.  Evil This year there's so many "no shows" it would have been a waste of breath berating them all. Most folk have perfectly plausible excuses, teacher's notes etc, although some people, mentioning no names like KevMk3  Wink, are nothing short of lilly livered wimps who just can't hack it.

As you rightly say, last year was the best for ages, so this year's likely going to be complete crap. Thinking about it, I'm not even sure I can be arsed to go myself.  Sad

Keith and Althea, hope you have fun in the garden guys!  Cheesy
Andy
I deserved the beration (is that a word) last year because my non-attendance was my fault. However I intend to "go large" this year to make up. I'm travelling with Ade (ajw) and staying on Houx with Bas so, for the most part, I'll be wandering about free to experience the things I might have missed in my previous 13 trips.
Looking forward to a beer with you on Saturday night at the Courbe.
Steve

I tested negative for patience.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: