Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 09:30:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have a good time everyone and travel safely!  (Read 8688 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2009, 08:28:07 pm »

Well....this is the point where we ought to be packing up the camping kit and getting ready to leave for Le Mans but we're not....I'm still not sure how it feels not to be going, it's OK at the moment but by next week it might feel worse!

Have a great time everyone, I want to hear ALL the stories, the dirt and the gossip when you all get back and I want to see ALL the photo's  Grin

We'll be in the garden for LM weekend, unless it's really pissing down in which case it'll be the pop up tent in the living room!   

Have a great time everyone, have a beer or twenty for us, we'll have a few for you as well  Grin

...and given last year's experiences - drive carefully!

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 08:45:07 pm »

I feel for you and anyone else who's not going mate. I missed last year through some "local difficulties" and it was torture. Add to that getting a ticking off on here by Andy Zarse for missing the best race in years and reading reports from everyone on their return really hacked me off.
Keep Eurosport on, don't go to bed, drink yourself stupid and demand regular texts from those there.
Chin up and make sure you are with us next year.
Steve

I tested negative for patience.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 08:46:37 pm »

I'm still not sure how it feels not to be going

I'll tell you how it feels not to be going.

IT SUCKS!

I was convinced I wouldn't be that bothered but then someone started that stupid driving music thread and I searched youtube for some of the songs listed (that I didn't know) and stumbled across some music that got me right in the mood, except of course IN THE MOOD FOR WHAT?

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

I hate you all. Have a great time won't you. By the time the race starts I should be nicely into the construction of my wife's new raised beds  Evil

I'm coming back next year and I'll be making a big impact (not BobU sized but quite big anyway  Grin )

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 08:57:16 pm »

Sorry to hear this, Amanda, but thanks very much for the BUMP at PH. It didn't went unnoticed. Keith won't be at LM either, I guess. Have a great party in the garden, we will have a toast on everybody staying at home.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 09:10:09 pm »

Sorry to hear this, Amanda, but thanks very much for the BUMP at PH. It didn't went unnoticed. Keith won't be at LM either, I guess. Have a great party in the garden, we will have a toast on everybody staying at home.

Who's Amanda?

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 09:16:46 pm »

Sorry to hear this, Amanda Anita  Grin , but thanks very much for the BUMP at PH. It didn't went unnoticed. Keith won't be at LM either, I guess. Have a great party in the garden, we will have a toast on everybody staying at home.

Close  Grin

(don't worry, it's normally Annette!)

KK isn't going either, if I'm not going he isn't !  Grin
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 09:19:27 pm »

Oh god, the first name slip even before I'm there... well, Piglet then. It's been a too long time, obviously.

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 09:20:28 pm »

Oh god, the first name slip even before I'm there... well, Piglet then. It's been a too long time, obviously.

Yes, much too long, we didn't get to Spa last year and we're not going this year either!

Hopefully next year will be a bit more back to normal!
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 09:22:00 pm »

It's been a pleasure to make you laugh, Anita.  Grin

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 11:51:03 pm »

It's been a pleasure to make you laugh, Anita.  Grin

Yeh, nice one Anthea  Grin

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Weena

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 12:59:37 am »

I'll tell you how it feels not to be going.

IT SUCKS!

The Melans will miss you  Cry
Simon13
CA Veteran

I hate the waiting!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 08:41:56 am »

Theres no way of softening blow..........it's horrible, wait till 3pm on Saturday.  Thankfully I am going this year, but missed one a couple of years ago and couldn't function.  I just wandered around the house mumbling incoherently - very similar to being there actually! Cheesy

Try and make the best of it!!  Spend the time writing a strongly worded letter to Mr G Brown

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 09:00:07 am »

All the best to everyone going, you will of course have a blast  Evil
I've been harbouring a last minute plan to jump on the bike and ride down, but alas I have just learnt of an important business exhibition on the Friday and Saturday. So bang goes that plan, I will do my best not to be to depressed over next week, and will console my self with a good deal of Leffe from Sainsburys and spark up the BBQ. Embarrassed

Stay safe Guys and Girls, we need you for next year....
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 09:01:43 am »

Bad luck for those not going, but I bet half (if not more) of you will be online looking at ferries by friday afternoon, thinking that if you get a late one you'll be there in time for the race, and working out return times so you can be back at work (if you have a job of course) on Monday morning!

I decided not to go in 2004 after picking the race back up in 2000 after a bit of a gap through the 90's, and I was like a bear with a sore head all weekend, had RLM on constantly and drove my wife mad, so much so that she said I had to go in 2005  Grin Not missed a year since, so maybe it wasn't such a bad thing after all!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 11:07:30 am »

Have a ball everyone, but be safe. This time next week I'll be in Chicago at the Blues Festival (or will I still be in bed? Haven't worked out the time difference yet!). I'll see if I can find LM on Speed over the weekend.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: