Club Arnage
October 01, 2024, 01:23:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pretzel takes F.T.D  (Read 6067 times)
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2003, 08:42:04 pm »

What a good day was had by all who attended "Dreamracers" Track Day.

I reckon it matched any of the action at Goodwood.

By the end of the day Pretzel was still faster than anyone else around the track.......only because he had the most powerful car and with four wheel drive to boot.

Saying that.....ther was a guy with a Clio Sport whitch was always a contender for the unofical timed runs round the circuit

Shame about the caterham that had to go home on a trailer.......only finihshed building it on Saturday evening.....Pretzel definately would have been trounced if it had run without locking  up his gearbox in second gear!!

Anyway thanks to Mark for this fantastic day out........Pretzel took me and Olly round the track a few times....WOW!!!........Subaru's can corner well.

Thanks to mark and his wife for the hspitality down at Sparkfor

Wishy
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 09:04:51 pm »

Cheers chap, had a great time myself!  Infact I cant wait to sort out the dates for the next one!  Gonna give the flapping fibreglass a run or shall we use it to recover busted Westfields  Grin

I have just had a look at the pics - that Clio was the Cup Sort 172 jobby  Shocked No wonder there wasnt much rubber left on that O/S front rim.

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 10:31:08 pm »

I think taking the Espace round may cause a few laughs.....with all that flapping fiberglass  and remoulds. I could probably make some alterations to the course....with bits falling off...it  might..........thwart any opposition trying to beat my times.

wishy
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 10:37:27 pm »

As Wishy has already said it's only 'cos I had the most powerful car and 4WD, I'll never be the next Derek Bell that's for sure!

No doubt the kit car would have been significantly quicker round those tricky turns and it would have been nice to see him get a few laps in. Shame for him to have travelled such a long way and to have all those gremlins in one day.

My thanks also to Mark and co. who made us all feel welcome, it was great fun, with like minded people, and not TOO competitive like some other track days I've been on. A small number of cars and the opportunity to go out as many times as you like was good too.

I guess the guy with the Clio 172 will be down to Quick Fit today.

I now realise my car needs even better brakes for a short circuit, the pads a little second hand now Tongue - oh and maybe even more power, just for the hell of breaking a bit more traction Smiley

Looking forward to testing some mods then some time in the not too distant future.

And there he goes...............
« Last Edit: September 08, 2003, 11:21:06 pm by pretzel » Logged

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2003, 11:27:32 pm »

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2003, 09:05:32 am »

Love that registration!!!!!!
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2003, 09:09:53 am »

One of our number showing the proper level of respect on his way thru the Hall of Motorsport at the museum!

I'll have to blagg a ride along in the Scooby next time round, and if you are brave enough you are welcome in the passenger seat of the Sud!

wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2003, 09:38:26 am »

I guess from the piccy........that I was in the passenger seat or were you cornering

Wishy
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2003, 02:26:26 pm »

I guess from the piccy........that I was in the passenger seat or were you cornering

Wishy

I was cornering that particular time.

The strange behaviour and lateral sliding experienced when you were passengering may have been attributable to unequal weight distribution though  - or was it my enthusiasm to get the car out of shape again Wink

pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2003, 02:31:14 pm »

Got it from the DVLA when I registered the car new. Couldn't believe my luck it was available, let alone the fact that the DVLA obviously didn't twig the significance of the numbers etc. as they sold it to me for their lowest published price for a personal reg Smiley

Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2003, 02:56:34 pm »

WOW!  Bargain of the decade!!!  

Got it from the DVLA when I registered the car new. Couldn't believe my luck it was available, let alone the fact that the DVLA obviously didn't twig the significance of the numbers etc. as they sold it to me for their lowest published price for a personal reg Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: