Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 10:38:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from the US  (Read 4558 times)
gturner

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2009, 11:45:49 pm »

I'm Greg from Pennsylvania and have been a fan of all sorts of racing for as long as I can remember (maybe my parents were on to something when they gave me the initials "GT").  With sports cars, that started with cheering on Al Holbert in the Lowenbrau Porsche 962.  Anyway, Le Mans has always been among my three or four favorite races and, thanks to Bernie's F1 greed cancelling my trip to Montreal this June, I finally decided to put down the money for the flight to France.  It's gonna be a bit of a tight schedule for me, as I'm only in Le Mans for Saturday and Sunday then touring Paris for a couple days as well, but I'm really excited about it.

I'd like to thank everyone that works on the CA Guide.  I know it's not quite complete, but it's been an interesting read and helped answer some questions for me.
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 12:24:41 am »

Howdy GT  Grin

Looks like Bernie has finally done something right then  Wink

I'm sure you will have a great time.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 09:51:58 am »

Glad to hear that you can see LM in person, only a short trip I know, but there's a good chance you will return for a second time. Grin

Welcome to Club Arnage.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 07:25:49 am »

I'm Greg from Pennsylvania and have been a fan of all sorts of racing for as long as I can remember (maybe my parents were on to something when they gave me the initials "GT").  With sports cars, that started with cheering on Al Holbert in the Lowenbrau Porsche 962.  Anyway, Le Mans has always been among my three or four favorite races and, thanks to Bernie's F1 greed cancelling my trip to Montreal this June, I finally decided to put down the money for the flight to France.  It's gonna be a bit of a tight schedule for me, as I'm only in Le Mans for Saturday and Sunday then touring Paris for a couple days as well, but I'm really excited about it.

I'd like to thank everyone that works on the CA Guide.  I know it's not quite complete, but it's been an interesting read and helped answer some questions for me.
Hi Greg and welcome to Club Arnage.
Hope you can make Saturday night at the Courbe Bar to meet everyone.
As you are from PA are you anywhere near Bethlehem? Mario Andretti has a house there and I had the honour of putting his roof on a few years ago. Nice fella as well.
Come over Saturday and make sure you say hi!
Safe trip
Steve

I tested negative for patience.
gturner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 03:11:44 pm »

I'm actually from Allentown, so I couldn't get much closer without being in Bethlehem.  Apart from an autograph session back when the Andrettis owned some car washes, I've never had the pleasure of meeting them, but I have been able to compare my time with Marco at our local LVGP indoor kart track.  (For the record, I was able to take advantage of more experience at the track to be only .3 slower than him when I first heard he was there, but he stretched that out more recently).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: