Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 12:01:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know the required height of a mains electric cable from pole to house?  (Read 2544 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2009, 10:18:28 pm »

Help please!   Our local builders merchant won't deliver to us as they are concerned that the mains electric cable from the road to our bungalow is too low for them to crane blocks & stuff off.

We've had the lekky board out this week to look at it and they initially indicated that it would need to be moved as it should be 18 feet or higher and currently it's only around 14 foot.

They now appear to be saying (I'm hearing this second hand) that we'll have to pay for it to be moved as (possibly) there isn't a height requirement for the section from the road to the house? We're on a pretty steep gradient so it almost certainly is 18 feet on the road but much less when it gets to us.

Does anyone know the reg's re this?

Thank you!
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 11:30:51 pm »

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1988/Uksi_19881057_en_5.htm

This says 5.8m, which is 19 feet

HTH

Paul
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 11:32:45 pm by landman » Logged

Crouch..........bind..........set
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 03:37:01 pm »

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1988/Uksi_19881057_en_5.htm

This says 5.8m, which is 19 feet

HTH

Paul

Thats the regs but I've just checked with my mate who reckons that you are governed by the height of the building  (your bungalow) that it runs to. So its either a lovely pole in the garden or an ugly corner bracket to lift it up. I'd rather get my mates round with a few beer cases to crry/barrow the stuff in. You can also take the chance that if you ask for it to be delivered nearby, the driver will put it anywhere you want when he arrives (within reason of course)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 09:06:42 pm »

Cheers both, Stu that's useful, I wondered if that might be the case.

Trouble is we're building a two storey extension so it's a lot of stuff to come up a steep driveway, plus it can't be left on the lane as there isn't room so we've got a bit of a problem.  It's going to have to be moved anyway as the cable is on the side of the house that the extension is going onto - I was kinda hoping I could persuade them to do it for free because it had to be put higher anyway  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: