Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 04:20:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bleu Nord layout  (Read 10101 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: April 14, 2009, 05:01:18 pm »

My tickets arrived today. Judging by the number sequence, I have two pitches in five consecutive rows. Although it's a bit academic to me, as I probably won't be there, I want to pass suitable tickets on to those who bought mine.

Does anyone have a plan showing row names and plot numbers, from last year maybe? Rang B9 - Rang B13, places 91 and 92 in each is what I'm interested in. Is it near the entrance/crapper?
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 06:39:10 pm »

Searched for it on CA, couldn't find it.

However below is the link to the plan posted last year on Beermountain.

http://www.beermountain.com/mapbluenord.htm
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 07:28:17 pm »

Good find Barry, thanks. Although I can't relate my tickets to it, it shows that the Range and Place numbers are open to an interpretation other than the one I've made. In this case, it looks like I might have one large contigious block after all...which makes sense.

Thanks again Barry!!
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 07:52:12 pm »

It may be  the Letter relates to the "Parcelle".  So the top of of row 94 on the layout would be B3 94.

Of course that doesn't map on to your ticket numbers. 

But last year it was a bit of a free for all around the lower numbers. I.E. Parcelle 'G'

T.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 08:47:10 pm »

I came to the same conclusion as Tom, ie the letter referes to the parcelle.
From the tickets numbers I have, that would make sense.
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 08:53:15 pm »

Does this help?

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 10:10:06 pm »

The southern section below the 'access' road was a total free for all.

I turned up on Friday and could not access my pitch as someone was already on it.

The French staff were useless and pretended not to speak eeengleesh

In the end someone with more than a single brain cell told me to pitch on any plot and I was not confronted by the real ticket holder.

Reports suggested that early arrivals were met by French staff with no layout themselves, so it was 1st come 1st served.

Hence why I am arriving Wednesday this year.

Barry, got a ticket number for me yet please? Wink

Paul/Landman

Crouch..........bind..........set
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 10:16:30 pm »

It was complete chaos last year, as there were 3 different groups of Controlé, and they all disagreed.

I think the numbering may have changed since last year.  Something will leak

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 10:52:18 pm »

The pitch numbering / marking was a bit more organised on MB at the Classic last July.  Maybe the esteemed organisers have had a chance to get a bit more organised now.

(but don't hold your breath)

Steve East Anglian cobras

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 11:32:09 pm »

I thought the numbering/allocation was fine on BN last year... I got exactly where I wanted in a nice oversized pitch backing onto the toilet.....errmmm ... airport perimeter hedge!

angel
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 11:44:37 pm »

It was complete chaos last year, as there were 3 different groups of Controlé, and they all disagreed.

I think the numbering may have changed since last year.  Something will leak

Exactly!

We arrived Tuesday evening in the dark.  They showed us to a spot that didn't look right to me in the dark.
But I was not in the mood to attempt to change their mind.
So when I found No panic, Wishy and Scorpio all close together but also in the wrong place wednesday morning.
we upped sticks and moved next to them to make a larger CA camp.  :-)  as our "wrongly" allocated spot was a bit naff anyway.

Plus a bunch of tossers turned up next to us followed shortly after by a load of Scandinavians who claimed the area was theirs.  They were ok about us being there and just moaned about the organisation. 

No one queried our being there at all during he week.  Nor did they query the space we had cordoned off for the late arrivals.   Quite relaxed compared to the "Space Police" the previous year in MB.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 12:38:18 am »

We had a block of 10 pitches in two rows.  At the gate, they sent us to the wrong end

Then the chap who almost knew what he was doing put us where Wishy & NoPanic were

Then another one turned up with a map, and someone finally agreed with me (I had the map) that we should be in the next two rows.

Then someone else appeared, and tried to move us another couple of rows, but by then we had all developed the phu cough

Then the chap with the map came back and asked us to move down one, as we were on the track parallel to the airport fence, and we'd worked that out by then.

Then somebody else came along and suggested we might like to move, and he was soon persuaded that he ought to move instead.

This was Monday afternoon and Tuesday.  We helped quite a few groups on Wednesday, and by Thursday they'd clearly lost the plot and given up.  Thank god they don't run a brewery

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 07:40:19 pm »

This was Monday afternoon and Tuesday.  We helped quite a few groups on Wednesday, and by Thursday they'd clearly lost the plot and given up.  Thank god they don't run a brewery

Sounds like a blast when we'll arrive Tuesday morning. 

ewan
CA Veteran

Hammer didn't fix it. Must be electrical fault.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 07:15:50 pm »

When we arrived on Thursday, the Controllee was suggesting that our 15 contiguous plots might be better distributed in 2s and 3s around the area where there were gaps... in the end, we had dedicated car parking in a separate bloc of 3 spaces so it wasn't the end of the world, but a hassle that we could have done without - the previous year, they just filled the place up from the road backwards, so it was a question of saying "here are your 15 places" marked with a spray of paint - job done.

Newspaper misprints from around the world:
    "After the boat had been secured above the wrecked galleon the
    apparatus was set in motion by the captain's 18-year old daughter,
    Veronica. Within an hour, she was yielding her treasure to the
    excited crew."
WhiteBaron

transport 2009

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 09:37:46 pm »

We had a block of 10 pitches in two rows.  At the gate, they sent us to the wrong end

Then the chap who almost knew what he was doing put us where Wishy & NoPanic were

Then another one turned up with a map, and someone finally agreed with me (I had the map) that we should be in the next two rows.

Then someone else appeared, and tried to move us another couple of rows, but by then we had all developed the phu cough

Then the chap with the map came back and asked us to move down one, as we were on the track parallel to the airport fence, and we'd worked that out by then.

Then somebody else came along and suggested we might like to move, and he was soon persuaded that he ought to move instead.

I wondered what you were doing while we were stuck in the Buffalo grill trying to get mikes cobra started.

\\"Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting\\" - Steve McQueen
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: