Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 08:04:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Virgin to buy Honda F1?  (Read 10358 times)
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« on: February 19, 2009, 06:44:42 pm »

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/Motorsport/Headlines/0,,12555~1561686,00.html

Steve East Anglian cobras

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 11:08:35 am »

Can't wait to see Jensen Button giving an interview with Virgin written accross the front of his race suit laugh.

Hhmmm, could be worse he could have virgin written on his helmet.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 11:17:07 am »

But look, she pops up everywhere at the moment
US IndyCar darling Danica Patrick, who was in line to test for Honda before the pull-out, is also an outside possibility
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 11:01:10 am »

Well ,they didn't quite buy the team, as far as I'm aware, but Richard Branson was very visible and looking very chipper with his major sponsorship as Brawn sealed the front row in Oz. Jaw-dropping stuff, with McLaren and Ferrari well off da pace. BBC coverage also very promising so far. Might even be a watchable season!

Missing Termietermite
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 11:31:43 am »

I thought practice was very diverting and it was great to see Brawn get a 1-2 on the grid in their first GP. Such things makes sport what so intersting. Ignoring that it's largely a Honda chassis, I wonder if any other new entrant has come in with such a bang?

I'm still not convinced about the new cars though, I wonder if we'll just see a dull procession tomorrow, or have they finally got it right?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 11:34:52 am »

Can't wait to see Jensen Button giving an interview with Virgin written accross the front of his race suit laugh.

Hhmmm, could be worse he could have virgin written on his helmet.

How painful would that be  Grin

Good to see him up there.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 02:03:02 pm »

I know that modern day finances  normally require it, but it was nice to see a car going round the track which didn't look like a advertising hording.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 06:49:16 pm »

.... I wonder if any other new entrant has come in with such a bang?
March in 1971 with Jackie Stewart driving, being whipped along by a chap called Mosley.  I wonder whatever happened to him.

I can't see it being a good day for Brawn GP tomorrow, as you can't expect a Virgin car to go all the way

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 09:24:42 pm »

BBC coverage also very promising so far. Might even be a watchable season!
Nah - somebody needs to explain to the Beeb that while they were away F1 converted from a track sport to a courtroom drama. They need the cameras in the stewards hut and FIA HQ boardroom to really show how the season develops.
Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 09:43:34 pm »

I'm still not convinced about the new cars though

Is it just me or do the F1 cars this year look bloody stupid ?

The front wing looks like it's oversized like a snowplough & the backend is even worse like your watching the tv in the wrong format.
I cannot see a good side to any of this years cars eesh  Grin

What the BBC really needed is not umpteen pundits & presenters they just need John Hindhaugh  Smiley
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 10:33:46 pm »

Thought it great to see the applecart upset, with The Brawn lads up front, and McLaren not making it out of P2.  Can't help but think once everyone builds their own interpretation of the Brawn, Williams, Toyota diffuser, the grid will be more what we're accustomed to, but that's the fun of season opening races, the uncertainty of it all.  Regarding the aesthetics of the new cars?  F1 cars haven't been things of beauty since the late eighties-early ninties. and these certainly aren't going to win any prize for looks, but I do like the cleaner, less cluttered look, without all the little add-on bits, ears, deflectors, etc.  Also interesting that after all of the sweeeping regulation changes, the new cars are still considerably quicker than last years machines.  Just curious to see how many front wings are being replaced after the opening lap tomorrow.
Fax
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 10:35:13 pm »

My penny's worth,

The only reason Brawn is  in 1 & 2 is not because they have suddenly got a better car,it is because the others are crap, due to the design of the rear wing. Hence the appeal last week from the other manufactures, McLaren have to be whiter than white as they are still hated by the poison dwarf. So it comes down to the reading of the rules and codes for the design.

So if you base it on that, then McLaren & Ferrari will redesign their wings and will get better traction and down force. So it will be race 2/3rd that will bring them back to the front.So the question then is will Brawn step up the work and keep ahead of the competition, as they have a big advantage at present.

I also wonder why Virgin only now announce their sponsorship? Looking at the other cars and thier sponsorship - e.g RBS, as we now nearly own the bloody company (the tax payers), how long they can carry on. And if they do own them do we get discount on ticket, and entry to the VIP section with the long legged blonds  Tongue

So thats my rant!, you can disagree as I'm drinking red wine ( Rioja - Berberana (no relation to Hana Baba)) and don't really care tonight. Wink

If you're going through hell, keep going.
SJ
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 10:39:30 pm »

.... I wonder if any other new entrant has come in with such a bang?
March in 1971 with Jackie Stewart driving, being whipped along by a chap called Mosley.  I wonder whatever happened to him. I can't see it being a good day for Brawn GP tomorrow, as you can't expect a Virgin car to go all the way

Nah... not '69 Mr L, Tyrrell nailed pole & 2nd in the first race of '71 in the TRO-001, IIRC Huh (March car was '69)

Quite a nice circle completed tho, Tyrrell became BAR, BAR became Honda... & Honda becomes Prawn GP Grin

Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 10:45:48 pm »

It was Kyalami 1970, JYS in a Tyrrell entered March.
Fax
SJ
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009, 10:48:01 pm »

My penny's worth,

The only reason Brawn is  in 1 & 2 is not because they have suddenly got a better car,it is because the others are crap, due to the design of the rear wing. Hence the appeal last week from the other manufactures, McLaren have to be whiter than white as they are still hated by the poison dwarf. So it comes down to the reading of the rules and codes for the design.

So if you base it on that, then McLaren & Ferrari will redesign their wings and will get better traction and down force. So it will be race 2/3rd that will bring them back to the front.So the question then is will Brawn step up the work and keep ahead of the competition, as they have a big advantage at present.

I also wonder why Virgin only now announce their sponsorship? Looking at the other cars and thier sponsorship - e.g RBS, as we now nearly own the bloody company (the tax payers), how long they can carry on. And if they do own them do we get discount on ticket, and entry to the VIP section with the long legged blonds  Tongue

So thats my rant!, you can disagree as I'm drinking red wine ( Rioja - Berberana (no relation to Hana Baba)) and don't really care tonight. Wink

Not wings NPN, diffusers Shocked

The others have missed a huge opportunity & are hugely embarrassed. Russ Prawn has designed a great car! Honda/Prawn GP have been developing this car for 15 months. Bar about 3/4 weeks in December/Jan this is a works Honda, as they've (Honda) have developed it for months prior to their departure.

RBS have already announced their departure from Frank's GP at the end of the year. They're not renewing their deal & couldn't get out of their existing contract.

Shame the same doesn't apply to Fred the Shred Angry Angry
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 10:53:30 pm by SJ » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: