Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 11:24:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Email From teamlangoustine  (Read 10803 times)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 10:17:01 pm »

I suppose though that they are also providing the service of a one-stop shop, with a dedicated site, marquee, satellite telly, plus bogs and showers.  It might suit some (but not me at that price!) particularly with the proximity to the circuit and relative ease of getting in and out. 

BN again for us hopefully this year.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 11:37:00 pm »

Look out Fran, we're probably coming home. Grin

Under normal circumstances Barry I would call you some kinda of rotten turncoat following your defection to other (ostensibly) more glamourous campsites.

However, providing you are able to rustle up a lovely Confit de Canard & Tarte aux Fraises I might consider letting you back in!

F

For our honoured guests at Chez Barry & Andy's, always. Grin
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 01:14:02 am »

Some say this year may prove to be a tad on the expensive side.................but then again........last year we paid £1.20 a LITRE (gallon!!!.....noted!) to do 2600 miles (two vehicles, 1300 each)......but at 90p per LITRE (gallon!!!   again), the trade off against the euro means it won't technically 'break' the bank....the 25% up/down almost balances out.

Drink more stubbies, stay out of Janines, the Stella bar and dare i say it, the Poo....no, well some things etc etc.....

It can be done without breaking the bank, and as I say there are offsets......compare the cost to two weeks in Euroland for a family of four!!!!.....we're going T'Egypt or Far East cos the spends will be cheaper and the holiday not much more !
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 01:58:11 pm by Dangermouse » Logged

Did I just say that out loud?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 08:47:56 am »

The £ was recovering well yeserday as the woes in Euroland begin to sink in - I reckon Barry's prediction re the exchange rate is probably pretty realistic.  My point I suppose was that agencies who were paying up when the rate was near parity are going to have to load prices.  For this reason alone, and the sentiments being expressed here about many people cutting down on tickets and add-ons this year, I don't think we  need to panic too much about getting tickets.  I think there may be more around than usual as people decide to give luxuries like LM a miss.

There will also be cheaper GE tickets available this year for Arnage and Mulsanne only - if you're truly strapped for cash.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 01:15:57 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
nickliv
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 10:44:27 am »

Some say this year may prove to be a tad on the expensive side.................but then again........last year we paid £1.20 a gallon to do 2600 miles (two vehicles, 1300 each)......but at 90p per gallon, the trade off against the euro means it won't technically 'break' the bank....the 25% up/down almost balances out.

Drink more stubbies, stay out of Janines, the Stella bar and dare i say it, the Poo....no, well some things etc etc.....

It can be done without breaking the bank, and as I say there are offsets......compare the cost to two weeks in Euroland for a family of four!!!!.....we're going T'Egypt or Far East cos the spends will be cheaper and the holiday not much more !

Shurely litres?
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 11:27:10 am »

Some say this year may prove to be a tad on the expensive side.................but then again........last year we paid £1.20 a gallon to do 2600 miles (two vehicles, 1300 each)......but at 90p per gallon, the trade off against the euro means it won't technically 'break' the bank....the 25% up/down almost balances out.

Shurely litres?

My thoughts exactly!!

As for the Euro, it will drop of course. The UK economy is at the moment doing a lot worse then the EU countries, but they are behind a little bit and are going to suffer more this year, as the economy in the UK will start growing again. The only country so far with relatively few problems seems to be my country. Our housing prices are dropping, but just a little, everyone will have more money to spend this year, since we don't have to pay our unemployment fees any longer. So most people over here can still afford to go, of course we do not have to pay for the ferry, which is always an expensive part of the trip for most UK residents.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2009, 07:01:10 pm »

Sorry to disappoint you but the Euro has already dropped, the centre rate is €1.11 to the pound and its still diving. Yippee

I hope thats the right was round, as it wouldn't surprise me if the pound was only worth 90 centimes

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2009, 07:32:59 pm »

That's a bit of a sharp movement since the New Year, wasn't expecting that! Grin
Especially with intrest rates going down tomorrow.

Prehaps €1.20 to the £ by June was a little pessimistic, fingers crossed, it might be better!!
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2009, 09:39:59 pm »

There is one big problem for anyone renting space from the ACO and that is that they have their agreed list of suppliers. Read expensive here. You can't take on your own kit and are forced by the ACO to rent from their list with, I assume, a big rake off for the ACO considering the prices charged. White Rabbit had this problem at Beauséjour with their toilet blocks last year if you read their site (I did the negotiating in french for them). I have never been on the TL site but if they suffer from the same problems then please understand that a lot of the cost involved is out of their control. Every enterprise is obviously in it for a profit but I reckon that this year their margins will be a lot slimmer than usual. The ACO are intent on making money any which way they can out of the 24 hour race (for example they now don't even give the marshals a free poster - they have to pay for it!) and I wonder if one day they will kill the goose that lays the golden egg. Just my take on the matter as a local, nothing to do with anyone else.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2009, 09:42:40 pm »

Emergency funding in Malta at the Hotel on New Years Eve - £20 = E17.5

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 09:15:33 am »

Sorry to disappoint you but the Euro has already dropped, the centre rate is €1.11 to the pound and its still diving. Yippee

I hope thats the right was round, as it wouldn't surprise me if the pound was only worth 90 centimes

You won't disappoint me, I live in Holland and as long as I don't go outside the euro zone, I don't have to worry about exchange rates. Still, 1.11 euro to the pound is still a lot better then the 1.40 it used to be. Still I am hoping for you guys on the other side of the canal for the euro to fall, just so you can enjoy Le Mans like youre used to!!!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 09:51:04 am »

Or just give up on the Sterling guys, and get the same coin we all love over here. Grin

*Starts to run*

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
nickliv
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 10:21:55 am »

We tried that last time, it was so good we kept it.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2009, 11:25:32 am »

Ohhh, come on, you know it makes sense, even the Danes want in on the euro, know their own country/crone is in the sh*t! Grin

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2009, 11:33:37 am »

Ohhh, come on, you know it makes sense, even the Danes want in on the euro, know their own country/crone is in the sh*t! Grin

Here you go Roy - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=41911328354

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: