Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 08:20:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know about scaffolding health and safety?  (Read 6001 times)
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 03:59:50 pm »

Sorry Anita,

He did not like the idea of getting a piece of scaffolding up his arse to properly secure him! Any others I can contact? Grin

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
pool pugilist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 09:22:18 pm »

Sorry I'm a little late on this one and Im glad you got it sorted...I am a manager of a scaffolding company in Sheffield, unfortunalty you must have had a scaffolder who thought about what was easiest for him rather than letting common sense prevail. There is no minimumn height for a lift, however the scaffolding company (Legally) should have prepared a Risk Assessment for their operatives and client which should have identified this obvious Hazard and the Control Measure would be to ensure the base lift was above the entrance or the entrance was isolated...sorry to bore!! Roll Eyes

In the good old days when I was on the tools the bottom lift on a street job was always set to the top of a bobbys hat!! We had a particular bobby in Nottingham in the early 80's who was 6'10 so you can imagine we built the bottom lift with the help of milk crates!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 09:25:18 pm by pool pugilist » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: