Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 12:07:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Houx and Houx annexe and Hunaudieres for 2009  (Read 13379 times)
lynxd67

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2008, 06:37:54 pm »

First off, here is a photo taken at Tertre Rouge looking down the Mulsanne. All has gone for the new stadium. No more camping des Hunaudieres.

Another photo looking back towards the Dunlop bridge:-

I want you to imagine that you are coming from the Porsche Curves end of the Chemin aux Boeufs towards Tertre rouge, behind the Bugatti circuit. Look here to see a plan:-

http://www.justtickets.co.uk/tracks/tr_lemans.htm

The photos underneath are of Houx and Houx annexe - now a parking site for the football. Frankly what is left I don't know because I was only grudgingly allowed in - under surveillance - to take a few pictures in view of "health and safety". However, it seems to me that everything has gone from the Tertre Rouge bridge right round almost to the first big roundabout behind Antares, the cultural centre:-

In other words, I can't see there being much camping at all.I don't even know if the old road out under Tertre Rouge to Ruaudin and the ring road will reopen - they had no idea on site. Perhaps next spring, when things are clearer, I'll go and have another look for you and try and clarify.
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 07:31:52 pm »

Thanks lynxd67, doesn't look good though.  Sad

If like you say all is gone from Tertre Rouge until the roundabout (which is near the new entrance) than it would mean that only campsite Hunaudieres and HA-nord are gone but not HA-sud?
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 07:39:41 pm »

thats shocking - so many memories gone under concrete Sad

Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 08:42:42 pm »

I'm sure you will still be able to camp, just take a nail gun to put the pegs in Grin

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 09:27:43 pm »

Angry That'll be the end of that then...  Sad

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 10:32:16 pm »

Checking your pics again I very much have the impression that the parkinglot will be on HA-nord and not on HA-sud. Which would be good news unless they issue the same amount of tickets as this year so we would be even more cramped. Wink

Here's a picture of the new stadium and the parking seems on HA-nord.

Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 10:47:11 am »

Merde!   Sad

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 12:03:17 pm »

Checking your pics again I very much have the impression that the parkinglot will be on HA-nord and not on HA-sud. Which would be good news unless they issue the same amount of tickets as this year so we would be even more cramped. Wink

Here's a picture of the new stadium and the parking seems on HA-nord.

With a stadium that size, they will need all the parking space they can get, so I am still not convinced there will be any HA nor Houx, next year!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 12:07:15 pm »

Latest news on the 2009 campsites from Travel Destinations who had a meeting with the ACO:

New for 2009:

- Building work has finally begun on the football stadium inside the circuit north of Antares. While this should have little impact on camping on circuit, Houx Annexe North will not be used as a campsite this year.

- Houx Annexe South will be a campsite as usual.

- Houx Annexe South Campsite will have marked and numbered pitches for the Le Mans 24 hrs 2009. Houx Annexe joins the list of Houx, Karting Nord, Maison Blanche, Blue North & South in having numbered plots in 2009. Other campsites will have marked plots but not necessarily numbered.

- Further works will be carried out on the track within the Maison Blanche campsite. This will result in a further loss of camping space in this popular camping area for Le Mans 24 hours 2009.

- Drainage work will be completed in the Beausejour campsite to avoid any future problems with water logging.

- The campsite security fencing will be improved.

- A new area called "Karting-Sud" will be available for the first time for 2009. This area will be used for buses and large vehicles with groups who also want to camp.

- The Hundaudieres campsite, that used to provide pre-erected tents for individuals, will not be available in 2009.

- The car parking at the circuit will be revised for the Le Mans 24hrs 2009. Parking Blue will be replaced by parking at Heronniere. It is important to note that car parking permits for the main areas will no longer give access to the car parks at Mulsanne and Arnage.

- People who arrive to camp on the circuit before the Wednesday prior to the Le Mans 24 Hours will no longer be charged a supplement locally on arrival.

So in short HA-nord and Hunaudieres are gone, MB will be even smaller, a new campsite opened for groups and buses called Karting-sud and BSJ will have better drainage.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:13:43 pm by Bas » Logged
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 01:13:06 pm »

I hear the sound of the ACO hammering nails in coffins...

The only bright news is "People who arrive to camp on the circuit before the Wednesday prior to the Le Mans 24 Hours will no longer be charged a supplement locally on arrival."
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 01:28:03 pm »

Ooohh they are too kind, their generosity knows no bounds Roll Eyes Ner mind that they are f**king up every campsite and are trying to bounce to out to the furthest reaches of Le Sarthe. I foresee an almighty scramble to try and get tickets for anywhere near the action next year. The way this is heading we will be camping at Alencon or Tours before too long. Bastards.

Now, do I hold on and hope for my usual allocation or put my name on some of Paddy's?

Decisions decision. I don't need this every year.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 01:31:15 pm by Bob U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 01:35:56 pm »

They dont make it easy do they..

However I don't think the ACO are fully to blame as they don't own the land that has been built on so it is out of their hand to a degree.

We had hoped to return to the Annexe next year, but it may be Basejour for us now. It could be worse, I could be watching it at home again.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 01:45:09 pm »

Latest news on the 2009 campsites from Travel Destinations who had a meeting with the ACO:

New for 2009:

- Further works will be carried out on the track within the Maison Blanche campsite. This will result in a further loss of camping space in this popular camping area for Le Mans 24 hours 2009.

What they really mean is that there will be even more corporate "Tents/Marquees" working there way down from the Ford Chicane. It would not surprise me if the view goes from the exit of the Porsche curves in MB due to the Marquee city.

Bastards Roll Eyes

lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 01:46:32 pm »

To clarify, it is HA Nord that has completely gone, not Sud. Here are the photos for you all:-

Houx Annexe Sud completely intact

If though, with the entrance to HA on your left you continue on to the roundabout you are confronted with this view:-

100 yds after the roundabout the road ends for the stadium works and carries right round to Tertre Rouge underpass. I was standing on the roundabout to take the photo and the new circuit entrance is on my left.
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 01:55:42 pm »

Ooohh they are too kind, their generosity knows no bounds Roll Eyes Ner mind that they are f**king up every campsite and are trying to bounce to out to the furthest reaches of Le Sarthe. I foresee an almighty scramble to try and get tickets for anywhere near the action next year. The way this is heading we will be camping at Alencon or Tours before too long. Bastards.

Hold on Bob. The ACO don't own the land used for the majority of campsites. They rent most sites from the owners for the duration of race week. That does't apply to Maison Blanche.
As the area around the circuit, particularly that on the inside of the circuit south of Tertre Rouge corner, becomes more developed, then pressure will increase on the campsites there. I think we all knew that HA nord would vanish beneath a car park this winter. But please bear in mind that life goes on in Le Mans throughout the year and no one there can afford to lay on camping facilities for incontinent Englishmen for just one week a year to the detriment of the local population's daily life.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: