Club Arnage
October 01, 2024, 09:15:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Albers moves to Audi for Laguna Seca  (Read 2950 times)
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« on: October 10, 2008, 11:37:30 am »

At the American Le Mans Series finale at Laguna Seca (US state of California) on 18 October, the former Dutch Formula 1 driver Christijan Albers starts together with Emanuele Pirro (Italy) for Team Audi Sport North America. The Audi R10 TDI with start number 2 will be driven by the usual German duo of Lucas Luhr and Marco Werner.

The 29-year old Christijan Albers raced in Formula 1 between 2005 and 2007. The Dutchman has been racing an Audi A4 in the DTM for Audi customer team Futurecom TME since the beginning of the year. He completed his first kilometres with the Audi R10 TDI at an Audi test track and during several demonstration laps at the DTM race at Zandvoort.

"After having raced an Audi in the 2008 DTM up till now, I’m delighted to have been given this chance by Audi,” says Christijan Albers. "I consider it a special treat to be able to compete in an Audi R10 TDI at Laguna Seca. Together with Emanuele Pirro I hope to be able to achieve the targets Audi sets us at the season finale in America. My career in motorsport spans 16 years but this race still represents something completely new: I’ve never competed in a sportscar race and have never raced at Laguna Seca. I’m happy to learn and really looking forward to the race.”
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 12:35:08 pm »

Good news for Marc QV of DfH who will be there with his father.

But why would Audi drop Allan McNish??  Huh Huh Huh
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 01:02:42 pm »

Oh dear god, that might mean he could be at Le Mans next year, including some of his annoying fans...

Hmmmm, sounds familiar in a way. Grin

@JPC, I don't know, but has Audi secured the championship yet? If so, it's a good chance to give a potential new driver some experience I guess.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 01:35:43 pm »

Ohh sh*t, have they been doing drugs at Audi, to put him in their car, they must have.

McNish might have to race somewhere else that weekend and that might be the reason. I wonder how much CA had to pay for the drive??

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 03:06:40 pm »

I think the Audi pitcrew will be more than a bit nervous when Albers pits  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3ekJfeh2NU
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 03:40:51 pm »

LOL, didn't Massa pull a stunt like that last GP?

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: