Club Arnage
October 03, 2024, 10:36:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Group C Jag gubbins  (Read 2977 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2008, 12:07:37 pm »

Wotcha all,
 Mods- don't know if this should be in the for sale section but as I'm not selling it and I just want to see if there is any interest I thought I'd slap it here. feel free to move it and give me a good telling of if need be!

Right then. A friend of mine has a rather nice collection of Silk Cut era Jag Group C bits and bobs that he has offered to me. I'm not that interested as I prefer to collect 50s/60s/70s junk but I thought I might let you guys know about it before he puts it all on fleaBay.

I have seen pics and he is going to send me a list of what there is, but to give you an idea of what I have seen, there is...... Team clothing, trousers, shirts, jackets, overalls, mechanics overalls, wet weather overalls, scrap books full of reports, letters, autographs, passes, tickets, timing sheets etc. signed photos, framed photos, several programes, models, misc car parts (a screen as well I think??), posters, books, a few dozen magazines- autosports etc. etc. and he says there is more- over a hundred items.

He has been collecting this stuff for years and his dad was one of the refueling guys for TWR so there is lots of 'insider' stuff.

He is asking for £600 for the lot or will sell anything seperately if anyone wants anything. It would be a shame to break up the collection but he is having a bit of a clear out and just wants rid.

I don't know if any of you guys are interested but I can pass on his details if you are. He will be getting me a full list this week and i will post up the pics i have later today when i get a spare minute.

Cheers
Si

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 02:57:43 pm »

If he does break it up and he decides to donate something to next year's charity auction it will be gratefully received!!  Grin
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 05:46:15 pm »

If he does break it up and he decides to donate something to next year's charity auction it will be gratefully received!!  Grin

Out of interest how much was raised at the auction this year?

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 11:37:49 am »

Out of interest how much was raised at the auction this year?

>Martini...LB

Patience Martin.  All shall be revealed very soon.  Smiley

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: