Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 06:47:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Termie termite  (Read 159816 times)
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 03, 2008, 12:09:05 am »

Oh what great news Debs

I remember the first "standing up unaided" I had on my new knee

aint it just an amazing feeling

power at last, even if you do have to sit down again in a while

This is such good news

well done

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 03, 2008, 10:11:11 pm »

Yeah, it's only round the shopping centre but to me it's freedom of a sort.

Hmm gymnastics AND showing an interest in shopping...Deb are you sure you're OK?  Grin
Grin indeed!

I stood up today.  Yes, I know most people do this without thinking but it was a real landmark for me.  It sure makes you appreciate the things you normally take for granted.

I know what you mean. I managed to breathe through me left nostril for the first time in three days.

With the greatest of respect to you Debs, I think that's at least an equivalent achievement to yours , all you did was stand up and I've had this terrible terriblr cold see, well more like flu really, in fact it was double Hong Kong Spanish flu and I've felt really really poorly, you know like really bunged up with the shivvers and all that and my girlfriend's been away - well she cleared off to her own place for some unknown reason - so nobody was there to bring me no soup or lemsip or nothing the bed's full of kleenex and the house stinks of Olbas oil which I spilt on the floor and it's all dripped through the floorboards upstairs and the doctor wouldn't give me nothing neither he said i was a hypo-somethingorother, I forget what but it sounded nasty still what does he know he's like all of them, he's just a quack and a fraudster, these doctors know nothing.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 04, 2008, 08:57:53 am »

You poor thing.  I do realise of course that man colds are the pits:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE

Hope you get back to both nostrils pdq. (I'm only in sympathetic mode because I too have a cold of the bored and p*ssed off woman in hospital variety).

Yesterday, as well as going shopping I also walked.  Yes, just a dozen or so tiny steps between the parallel bars but you have to start somewhere.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
nickliv
« Reply #288 on: December 04, 2008, 10:47:40 am »

Yeah, it's only round the shopping centre but to me it's freedom of a sort.

Hmm gymnastics AND showing an interest in shopping...Deb are you sure you're OK?  Grin
Grin indeed!

I stood up today.  Yes, I know most people do this without thinking but it was a real landmark for me.  It sure makes you appreciate the things you normally take for granted.

I know what you mean. I managed to breathe through me left nostril for the first time in three days.

With the greatest of respect to you Debs, I think that's at least an equivalent achievement to yours , all you did was stand up and I've had this terrible terriblr cold see, well more like flu really, in fact it was double Hong Kong Spanish flu and I've felt really really poorly, you know like really bunged up with the shivvers and all that and my girlfriend's been away - well she cleared off to her own place for some unknown reason - so nobody was there to bring me no soup or lemsip or nothing the bed's full of kleenex and the house stinks of Olbas oil which I spilt on the floor and it's all dripped through the floorboards upstairs and the doctor wouldn't give me nothing neither he said i was a hypo-somethingorother, I forget what but it sounded nasty still what does he know he's like all of them, he's just a quack and a fraudster, these doctors know nothing.

nothing new there then....
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 04, 2008, 11:13:18 am »

Good news Termie- you seem to be on the up!
Keep it up.

I think I get AZ's drift........
"my girlfriend's been away................the bed's full of kleenex and the house stinks."
Dirty boy.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 05, 2008, 05:15:49 am »

Hi Termie,
              Good to hear you are walking. Ah One foot in front of the other. Grin repeat. Roll Eyes Sounds as though you will soon be wobbling down the hall unaided.
Phil

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 05, 2008, 04:09:41 pm »

You poor thing.  I do realise of course that man colds are the pits:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE

Hope you get back to both nostrils pdq. (I'm only in sympathetic mode because I too have a cold of the bored and p*ssed off woman in hospital variety).

Yesterday, as well as going shopping I also walked.  Yes, just a dozen or so tiny steps between the parallel bars but you have to start somewhere.

I'm with you on this. The nostril, you'll be disappointed though not surprised to learn, closed up again after about fifteen minutes. It was a terrible personal setback, but you're right it's one small step in the right direction. One must remain positive minded.

Of course, most people have said you can't really compare my life-threatening viral contagion with your poorly leg, as The Bard once said, "frailty thy name is woman". So I'm please you're on board with me to keep me going until my depleted immunity system eventually wins through. Oh, and when you're next down the shop can you get us 20 Rothmans, ta.

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 05, 2008, 07:24:47 pm »

One small step for mankind....

Well done Debs, you'll soon be able to wait on the exhausted Ian...  Grin

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 09, 2008, 12:30:00 am »

F.........K.....ING...........HELL!
Makes JPs look like a car park prang.
Great to read you, now just get the best out of rehab. Our thourght are with you.

Quite!!!  Mine was a minor tap in comparison! So glad to see you posting here Debs!

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 09, 2008, 04:50:54 pm »

I never imagined I'd feel so chuffed to be able to use a Zimmer frame, but that's what I did today.  Made it across the physio room.  I also got into a car without too much hassle (although the right knee doesn't bend much so I couldn't sit in one for long).  A few days at home for Christmas look increasingly likely.  I await an OK from the doc' in the morning.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 09, 2008, 06:02:27 pm »

I never imagined I'd feel so chuffed to be able to use a Zimmer frame, but that's what I did today.  Made it across the physio room.  I also got into a car without too much hassle (although the right knee doesn't bend much so I couldn't sit in one for long).  A few days at home for Christmas look increasingly likely.  I await an OK from the doc' in the morning.

This is great news Debs! I'm not surprised your leg doesn't bend too much after looking at the photo of your dead car, and I hope you score that Xmas visit home. Still, a trip to the shops is a trip to the shops, I just hope you remembered to get my Rothmans.  Wink

PS News is much better on the nostril front too. They both work periodically and when I blew my nose this morning all green came out and it was quite thick, which has to be a positive sign doesn't it?

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 09, 2008, 10:50:51 pm »

Fab  news Deb, fingers crossed for the visit home.   I've got Dad on a zimmer and crutches at the moment, he had his first hip replacement replaced two weeks ago and came home on Friday.  Not quite in your league but it's slowly slowly on the progress front.

Trouble is...our new 8 week old springer spaniel puppy (Lola  Grin ) arrives on Saturday and unless Dad can pick up some speed between now and then he is going to be a sitting target for sharp little puppy teeth - it's proving some incentive to get him up and moving  Grin

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 10, 2008, 05:13:19 am »

This is great news Debs! I'm not surprised your leg doesn't bend too much after looking at the photo of your dead car, and I hope you score that Xmas visit home. Still, a trip to the shops is a trip to the shops, I just hope you remembered to get my Rothmans.  Wink

PS News is much better on the nostril front too. They both work periodically and when I blew my nose this morning all green came out and it was quite thick, which has to be a positive sign doesn't it?
Hi Deb,
          Always good to hear of your progress. I recall Rusty once proposed Zimmer races at Le Mans perhaps 2009 is time to revisit the idea.
Andy as for your nose... We don't wish to know that kindly leave the stage Grin
Phil
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 10, 2008, 05:05:56 pm »

Only if you are Fungus the Bogeyman Zarse.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 10, 2008, 05:09:52 pm »

Brief update : I can go home for a visit the weekend after next. Smiley

Sadly Troy the wonderdog won't be there to greet me as he succumbed to kidney cancer in my absence. Cry  A house without a dog will be a strange place.

Pecker up, Andy.  Green is definately a sign that you are on the mend.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: