Club Arnage
July 03, 2024, 03:13:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Termie termite  (Read 160389 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2008, 10:36:17 pm »

Good news Ian, glad you are back together properly, and I hope she is soon too!! Please pass on our best wishes.
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 10, 2008, 12:48:03 am »

Excellent news .....that's the best news I've heard in a while. Too many broken people, dodgy weather and incompetent politicians.

You are the official bringer of good news, keep it coming.

Gauloise's at the ready?

Did I just say that out loud?
Weena

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2008, 02:29:23 pm »

I have only just read this thread and can't believe it, so sorry to hear about Debs but fantastic news that she is on the road to recovery. Mr T please send her my good wishes xx
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2008, 06:30:38 pm »

Fantastic news - a great relief and best wishes to you both,

Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2008, 08:20:59 pm »

Good news Ian, please pass our love to Debs and stay strong yourself xxx
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2008, 08:43:26 pm »

My 11th visit, two weeks after she was admitted to hospital, and I’ve at last got a certificate showing the injuries, which are far more numerous than even I had understood. E.g., I thought 3 right ribs broken, whereas this diagnosis says nos 1-9! There are lots of other damaged bits listed, which shows how wonderfully thorough an A&E unit can be. Deb’s breathing has improved in 24 hours, with her oxygen intake now up to 97-98, instead of the 91-92 that kept causing alarms yesterday. This is probably down to clearing more muck off her chest. Not a nice process, but she’s good at it, evidently. Again, I fed her apple compote, but had to wait outside for over an hour, while the doctor and head nurse decided how to overcome some problem. I think one of the feeds or monitors has not been working well, and it has been moved from her right shoulder to her neck, making her marginally less mobile in bed. Her hands, increasingly clear of bandages, are very swollen, as an allergic reaction to something, so she cannot hold a book or turn the pages, sadly. This is frustrating the poor thing, I think.

I’m having two days off the road to Rouen, being at CPAM (health services) in Le Mans tomorrow, and having the Skoda serviced Friday. Unless there is dramatic news, my next report will be Saturday, therefore.

Missing Termietermite
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: September 10, 2008, 08:49:46 pm »

Hi Ian,

this sounds good. Try to relax a bit and take care of yourself

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2008, 08:51:09 pm »

10 pages of posts and only now I see this thread! From a harrowing start reading through it's so good that the news gets almost consistently better in each post - Helen and I send Debs and you all our very best and are glad she is making such a good recovery. Having managed to break both my legs at the same time I know how dabilitating that can be, let alone all four limbs, so I truly do feel for Debs. Best of luck with CPAM, we have always found them to be pretty helpful and fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 11, 2008, 03:09:21 pm »

Termie is being moved out of Reanimation Chirurgicale (Intensive Care)today, so I infer they're pleased with progress! More on that later, I hope. A lady at the hospital rang me to tell me - prefacing her identity and remarks with "nothing to worry about". A genuinely social service! The hospital have been truly wonderful to date.

For those living in France - I attended CPAM today to get our 2007 earnings etc noted. I played the sympathy card by showing an image of Deb in her cot yesterday. Despite my relatively poor French, we got along well, the lady helped me fill in the bits I hadn't grasped, and took the certificate and bulletin d'hopitalisation. We've never found the CPAM people other than helpful, but the orders they get from above sometimes defy logic. Last year, after filling in all the forms and delivering them to CPAM in person, we all seemed to get a letter saying they'd received nothing! I'd like to see someone sacked for that sort of cockup - but no-one gets sacked here!

Missing Termietermite
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 11, 2008, 03:12:12 pm »

It's great to hear more and more positive news every day Ian!!  Thanks for keeping us all so well informed!

Hopefully the move to a more standard ward will heopfully be shortly followed by a transfer to Le Mans!
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 11, 2008, 05:57:12 pm »

One step forward, two steps back. Deb is indeed in another ward, where I have just tried to ring her, to check details etc. When I got through, she told me she has started a major panic, because she may have brought an infection with her. I assume there is the hospital equivalent of a coalmine canary spluttering away somewhere. She will let me know.

Missing Termietermite
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 11, 2008, 08:14:31 pm »

Ian, it's so nice to see you say that you could ring and talk to Deb, imagine how remote that prospect seemed a week ago.   It sounds like she's on the road to recovery (as opposed to the road to Rouen  Grin) and Le Mans shouldn't be too far away.

How would you fare if she was able to come home soon?  Hhaving not been to your house, are you on one level with access to a loo etc. if she's not very mobile?   I think you should take up the offer of the bum wiper... Grin
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2008, 09:06:23 pm »

Clearly the past couple of weeks have sapped my brain, and I'm paranoid. Doesn't a major panic on infection sound like MRSA to anyone else? What does MRSA do? Rot your socks? Make open wounds fester? Termie has a few!

Yet another night with the phone right by my bed!

Missing Termietermite
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2008, 09:16:41 pm »

Ian, MRSA can be really bad, but most cases CAN be dealt with by anti-biotics, especially if they have caught the infection quickly - however, is Debs brought 'the infection with her' it is unlikely to be MRSA. If it is, they give you nuclear strength anti-B's (which made me physically sick every time) but the DO WORK, so please do not worry too much. I managed to pick it up when I broke both my legs and had a nice long stay in Maidstone hospital (but missed out on C-Diff, so should be glad for small mercys) but it was cured, it went away and I'm fine, so even if Debs has got it I would not worry to unduly yet - they sound like a very competent and caring bunch of Dr's and nurses that she is with. I think it is important to look positive as much as possible and the fact that Debs could speak to you on the phone is just amazing considering her condition a week ago. Fingers crossed this is just a very small bump in an otherwise smooth (race) track to recovery.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2008, 01:52:56 am »

Ian,

Having spent 7 months in Ashford (Middx) Hospital, I fully concur with Peter here., talk to the consulting team. (Ashford now being one of the worst in the UK).

Just glad that she can speak to you.

Don't know the house setup, but changes will have to be made temporarilly when Debs comes home to accommodate her comfortably and safely.

Again, if you need anything, just ask here. I'm sure someone can help out in some little way.

OK guys and Gal's, how about some flowers then to start it all off.

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: