Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 01:45:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GRRRRRRR!!! Manners!  (Read 16597 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2008, 03:20:01 pm »

Angry Angry Angry

I was in my local fish and chip shop on friday evening and whilst awaiting my haddock to be cooked, in walked a seemingly nice looking forty-something well-spoken middle class woman. She made her request for a small cod and chips by opening her sentence with the hideous words "Can I get...". Grrr, what a horrible pig ignorant bitch! I was appalled and whilst recovering from the shock of hearing such a vile phrase, ten seconds later in walked another similar woman who strolled to the counter and said; yes you've guessed it... the can-I-get phrase. The weasel-faced cow had all nasty blue veins running down her neck and I had a barely controlable urge to grab her by the back of the head and smash her stupid ugly face through the glass of the hot cabinet and into a red hot Pukka pie (chicken and mushroom). Then I was going to get hold of the original woman and inflict an act of severe VBRJ over the fruit machine; that would have learnt 'em some manners. Of course instead I just stood there and said nothing.

Anyway, if ever there was a phrase that annoys me more than "can I get" I've yet to hear it. It's so blood rude and stupid; no you can't f**k*ng get it, but I can get it for you though and if you want it you can f**k*ng well ask me properly. Bastards!  Angry Angry Angry

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 03:36:27 pm »

I sympathize. It is a truly appalling expression. And I can't help feeling that the situation was exacerbated by the fact that it was being said by people old enough to know better/too f++king old to watch 'Friends' all the time.

Do you know that someone sent me an email a few months ago suggesting we organise some 'face space soon.' I suggested that if he used an expression like that ever again then I would have to kill him.

Grin
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 04:08:16 pm »

What did you expect in a fish & chip shop? There's me thinking that you had a finer pallete than to eat greasy chav food. I suppose you washed it down with a bottle of Irn Bru

And talking of "Can I get" havn't you ever heard "Can I get a witness" by Marvin Gaye? A finer piece of Motown magic would be hard to find.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:16:25 pm by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 04:09:14 pm »

Truly appalling - as bad as when people use 'learn' instead of 'teach'   Undecided Undecided Undecided  Hope it didn't spoil the haddock   Grin Grin

I read an article in a paper years ago of this chap, disturbed from his sunday repose every week by the chimes from an ice cream vendor's van, decided to strike back.  The next time the ice cream van came round, he walked to the head of the long line of kids waiting to be served, and said the the vendor "Would you give all these kids whatever ice cream they want?"  "Yes", said the vendor, and promptly dispensed ice-creams to all.   When he asked the chap for the money, the chap said "I asked if you would GIVE them all ice creams, and you agreed to" and he then walked away.

Team Delboy Racing
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 04:43:37 pm »

Angry Angry Angry
red hot Pukka pie (chicken and mushroom)

Thank you kind Sir.

Randy

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 04:56:47 pm »

Hi Randy, don't worry; it's pronounced pucker not puker.  Smiley

Pukka Pies are a national brand of industrially manufactured meat pies. To be fair they don't taste too bad, though the origin of the ingredients are sometimes questionable. I once had to throw up out of the car window into a roadside gutter because my chicken and mushroom pie contained a hen's beak and comb with a few feathers attached to the remainder of the skull.

I hope some day you come to England so you I can buy you one! With a large chips and curry sauce and pickled egg after kicking out time at the pub. Shocked Wink

http://www.pukkapies.co.uk/about-us.html

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 06:20:38 pm »

The country has gone to the dogs and no mistake.

Its a sad day when a gentleman can no longer visit his local Fish and Chip outlet without having to suffer fools who struggle with the Queens (god bless her) English and grammer.

Mind you our local chippy is run by a Chinese couple, nice people but they can't fry a decent chip nor batter a cod. Their English is pretty decent and I am sure they would have shown the people you encountered the door.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 06:49:14 pm »

The country has gone to the dogs and no mistake.

Its a sad day when a gentleman can no longer visit his local Fish and Chip outlet without having to suffer fools who struggle with the Queens (god bless her) English and grammer.

Mind you our local chippy is run by a Chinese couple, nice people but they can't fry a decent chip nor batter a cod. Their English is pretty decent and I am sure they would have shown the people you encountered the door.

Yes but this was in Haywards Heath for heavens sake and these women should have known better! It used to be everso hanky-up-cuff, and now look at it.  Sad

Which area is your local chippy, so I know to pass on by? Anyway, I expect they haven't got the oil hot enough, that's normally half the trouble.

oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 06:58:31 pm »

And talking of "Can I get" havn't you ever heard "Can I get a witness" by Marvin Gaye? A finer piece of Motown magic would be hard to find.

Yes but Marvin was an American, and they don't know any better  Wink
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 07:08:31 pm »

I've been looking at the new Becker Mexico retro stereo for the E type but it doesn't say if it is positive or negative earth so I wrote to a supplier. He replied first of all that batteries have both terminals so I replied and patiently explained in detail what I meant by positive or negative earth. here is his reply; I need a translation please....................

I See!! Just havent head of this being done for years.
>>
>> Its possable if you car has no fans and is just a standard car - In most
>> cases this would involve a rewire to swap over the palaroty on the
>> dinamo.
>>
>> In 25 years i've only ever heard of this being done once. Bit of a
>> nightmear to what i hear.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 07:14:34 pm »

I've been looking at the new Becker Mexico retro stereo for the E type but it doesn't say if it is positive or negative earth so I wrote to a supplier. He replied first of all that batteries have both terminals so I replied and patiently explained in detail what I meant by positive or negative earth. here is his reply; I need a translation please....................

I See!! Just havent head of this being done for years.
>>
>> Its possable if you car has no fans and is just a standard car - In most
>> cases this would involve a rewire to swap over the palaroty on the
>> dinamo.
>>
>> In 25 years i've only ever heard of this being done once. Bit of a
>> nightmear to what i hear.

What a nightmare, fancy not knowing that trick to reverse the palaroty of a dinamo by hitting it with a hammer. I'd say the ignorant lout needs his face pushing into a boiling pie, leaving it permantly scarred by scalding gravy and succulent chopped and shaped chicken chunks. A bit of VBRJ won't go amiss on someone like him either.

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 09:20:53 pm »

Has anyone else noticed that since the start of the olympics the English language has aquired a new verb?

The verb to medal.

"She is the first British woman to medal in this sport for 20 years"

"We fully expect more of our athletes to medal overnight"

I would expect a hoity toity horsey type like Claire Balding to know that you win medals there is no such thing as an act of medaling.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
helmetpurple
CA Veteran

old timer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 09:37:15 pm »

Old but good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUaWCcDlI5s

Le Mans  ~ The meaning of life
nickliv
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 09:47:23 pm »

I wouldn't meddle if I were you Bob.
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 01:10:35 am »

Might I also be so bold as to point out the insidious use of the words Coulda, shouda and woulda.
As in Coulda tried harder at school, shouda got a qualification and woulda got a job intead of being on benefit.

And don't get me started on "Would you borrow me a ......."

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: