Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 08:23:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check your bank statements!  (Read 4308 times)
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2008, 11:20:26 pm »

I'm Back!
I had the pleasure of a call from Barclays Fraud Prevention Team this morning.
After all the usual security questions they asked where I was at 1.20 AM this morning.....
I lied and said I was in bed... rather than saying I was being taught how to download music free by Steve Z and rather over refreshed.
Transpires that some C*** withdrew £500 from my bank account at a cash machine in Montreal, Canada, then made 2 further attempts at other machines, which were declined.

It appears my card has been cloned and the very helpful lady told me that Canada is the new hotbed of card fraud as they are not as sharp as us with chip and pin stuff...
She said the card would have been cloned in the UK and then taken over there to be maxed...

I will get my money back and am very gratefull to whoever was eyeballing my account at the time.

My card is mainly used in local places to me (trusted) or petrol stations in the Portsmouth area.... I wonder where the cloning happened Angry

LPP

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 11:36:46 pm »

those damn Canadians...did you get a description.By any chance did they say he was a big,ugly b@st@rd with a Santa style beard...and making his escape of a rattly old bike

* DSCN1047.JPG (417.77 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 432 times.)
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 01:39:50 am »

friends ebay account was hacked last week and a similar amount was taken Sad

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 08:30:44 am »

My credit card was cancelled by the card issuer last week because someone made a 51p payment to Napster (probably for a music download) on it. Apparently they put through a small transaction to see if it works, and if it does then they hit it hard. Pleased that the card company are on the ball!
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 03:04:26 pm »

I too have to check the bank account on a frequent basis.......bloody wife keeps stealing my money Roll Eyes
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 08:20:56 pm »

My card is mainly used in local places to me (trusted) or petrol stations in the Portsmouth area.... I wonder where the cloning happened Angry

LPP
[/quote]
Hi, have you visited Bournemouth recently? any Esso garages?.................there has been a problem over here with cards being cloned, also I heard that pin machines are being piggy backed somehow  Angry

been there done that doing it again !
championaudi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 10:32:59 pm »

texaco, charminster,1/2 mile from yours truely was the empicentre of petrol station card cloning,600 hits and local plod havent charged any station staff,(they knew nothing!!) just a big new sign "UNDER NEW MANAGMENT
Kinda makes you wanna give it another chance!!

bombay,bangalaw etc ,3 mates got clobbered,if i wasnt so tight and could afford its town centre prices id be £££ down 2!!!
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 01:24:07 am »

My DD card was obviously scanned about 2 yrs ago at my mates pub in Chertsey.

The restaurant was franchised out to an italian and the food was superbe to say the least.

Got a call from a VERY worried wifey that the Derby Fraud Squad wanted to see me and they intended to make an arest that night. And that I should call a number. I did and we eventually had an 'interview'.

They had 10yrs of all my financial records, every card etc etc. This made my spincter twitch a bit!!!!!

The asked... 'Did I notice that £5k had been placed in my account?'

Me:  'Yes, I was suprised but it went out immediately. If I knew it was there, I would have thought, ummm go for it'.

Anyway, after another 2 hours, it transpired that Luca (italian from Naples) had scanned my card and was trying a fast one!

HSBC were pretty good with this. Apparently the payment was from Chicargo!!!

It all stems from me taking the wife out for a lovely italian me at my mates pub.

Always wanted to go to Chicargo, not any more though.

BTW, I was cleared of any wrong doing.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 04:57:08 pm »

Remember a few years back when the banks denided that any of this was possible and were told that the unlucky customer must have given a way there pin. Its good to see that they are on the ball now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: