Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 11:22:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Craig Jones 1985-2008  (Read 4358 times)
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« on: August 04, 2008, 01:19:10 pm »

Very, very sad news: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04082008/58/craig-jones-1985-2008.html

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
cutes6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 03:07:50 pm »

I was watching the race as it happened and I did fear the worst but the news I heard yesterday afternoon gave optimism, very, very sad news indeed.
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 03:17:08 pm »

Me too.
I can't get that haunting tv footage of him laying motionless on the track out of my head.

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 03:40:47 pm »

The accident didn't seem too bad in itself. Many times you see riders bounce and roll along the ground and get up and walk away. You can only fear the worst when you see someone lying motionless like that. It was difficult to see whether he was hit by the following bike after he fell. A tragic and very unlucky accident.

RIP Craig

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 04:49:16 pm »

Nice tribute by Fogarty on www.crash.net

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wsbk/news/167283-0/fogarty_'flattened'_by_jones_death.html

RIP Craig
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 04:59:17 pm »

Just awful news, a couple of lads in my village went to Brands yesterday and they were pretty disconsolate last night when I spoke to them. They said it looked bad but were hoping for the best. Seems like the best didn't happen and a bright young talent has been killed. What a tradegy.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 05:23:57 pm »

Terribly sad news, as I've always told people, the bike racers are a breed apart.  In no other discipline of motor sport are the competitors so visibly laying it on the line.  The thrill factor is high, but it also comes at a high price.  I was at the US Superbike rounds at Mid-Ohio this weekend, and was looking forward to seeing the Speedchannel broadcast this week of the World rounds from Brands.  The Supersport round is actually on in about an hour or so.
Fax
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 10:21:14 pm »

Sad news indeed... almost looked as if one of the wheels went through his visor, but at the time didn't look like such a bad accident, until he stopped.  The horredous feeling as bikes tore past him at what must have been 140mph by that point is the haunting part for me, especially as a rider myself.

RIP Craig.

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 09:35:46 am »

V. sad news.  A talent cut short on the way to his prime, living a dream that many would wish they could follow.  Modern designs and materials, more reliable kit and safer tracks, do lull us into a false sense of security, often seeing drivers and riders get up and walk away from accidents.  But, it is all the more poignant when they do not.  Bike racers do gain that extra degree of respect in my book - the line that they tread is such a very thin one.  RIP     

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: