Club Arnage
October 04, 2024, 12:27:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silverstone Le Mans Series  (Read 39437 times)
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2008, 09:30:16 am »

For those of you heading for Silverstone from M40 J10.

There was a sneaky speed camera on the A43, can't remember whether it's before or after Brackley, I think before.

You go round a bend on the duel carrage way, and you are faced with a forward facing Tuvelo camera.

By the time you see it you are in the photo zone.

That has been there for a few years, just before the exit for Silverstone. Will catch you out so I would suggest if you don't exactly where it is stick to 60mph as you go from Brackley to Silverstone.

It's a 70 limit as it's a dual carriageway, the camera is just before the Green Man pub, a mile or so before the exit to Silverstone.
Plus there is a speed camera warning sign with plenty of time to slow down,  it is dangerous just there as there is a chance that there is someone (legally) turning right across the A43 coming from the M1 direction to get to the Green Man!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2008, 10:16:52 am »

The sell/swap site looked a bit inactive.  Thanks for the freebie offers are you both camping at Whittlebury, if nothing else comes up I will take you up on the offer and look you up on Friday.

Thanks Ian

Yes - we will be there from about 7pm Friday

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2008, 10:53:44 am »

I'm getting the green/red light tonight from my ex about this weekend. Fingers crossed here....

Light turned green last night. See you peeps on Sunday Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2008, 12:26:43 pm »

Good news! I'll pick up the cooler tomorrow evening!

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
delaney64

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2008, 02:55:11 pm »

Just got this from another site, good to see PewJoe finally supporting Radio le Mans :

''Radio Show Limited, the people behind Radio Le Mans, has teamed up with Peugeot UK to bring listeners even closer to the action at the deciding round of the Le Mans Series, the Autosport 1000km at Silverstone this weekend.  The RadioLeMans.com team will be broadcasting every session of the event live, on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
RSL, who also broadcast live coverage of the American Le Mans Series and other major events including 24 hour races at Le Mans, Silverstone and the Nurburgring, have added the highly competitive Le Mans Series in Europe to their portfolio this year.
The importance of up to the minute information from the pits cannot be underestimated says RSL’s John Hindhaugh.  “In long sportscar races the action in the pits is often just as important as what happens on the track and the support we have from Peugeot UK will ensure that listeners don’t miss any of it.”
The pair of Peugeot ‘Lions’ in the pit lane have impressive credentials;
Nick Daman is one of an elite few who have reported live for TV from an F1 pit lane.  He spent 6 years working for F1 Digital, Bernie Ecclestone's TV channel.  In addition to his duties in the pits he was the disembodied voice asking the questions of the top three drivers in the post qualifying and post race TV press conferences.  Nick has been part of the team at the Le Mans 24 Hours for the last two years and, this season, has reported from pit lane on the LMS rounds at Spa and the Nurburgring.
Joe Bradley has been pounding pit lanes for more than 10 years.  A regular at the 24 Hours in France, Joe was a founder member of the team that has been covering the American Le Mans Series for over a decade.  Joe brings a unique skill set to the reporting team.  Currently the Manager for Robertshaw Racing, the Chevrolet BTCC team, he is used to the cut and thrust of tactics and pit lane scrambles.  Formerly a Police Officer as you would expect his 'interview' technique is exemplary and thorough.

Peugeot UK have thousands of supporters coming to Silverstone to cheer on the LMS race cars, and there is also an opportunity for them to try out the road-going cousins of the racing cars, as Kevin Jones, Public Relations Manager for Peugeot UK explains: “The clean diesel HDi technology that has been so successful in our race cars is already benefiting the products in our range. We have a special area by Luffield at Silverstone where customers can experience the virtues of our fuel-efficient, high-quality product range.”

The revolutionary, diesel powered, Peugeot 908 HDi racers have dominated the series so far this season and clearly hope to secure the teams’, drivers’ and manufacturers’ titles at Silverstone, but as Kevin points out, it’s still really close.  “We lead the manufactures’ battle by 5 points and it’s even tighter in the drivers’ championships where we have a 2 point advantage. It should make for a compelling race.”
According to Ian Sedgwick, Manager – Public Relations for Peugeot UK, with so many Peugeot supporters expected to show up at Silverstone, the partnership with Radio Show Limited was a natural choice.  “Radio is the only way to keep up with the action in a long race and in the same way that when you think diesel you think Peugeot, if it is sports car coverage then it has to be the RadioLeMans.com team.”
The radio broadcast can be heard around the Silverstone Circuit on 1602 AM but if you can’t get to the track then you can tune in at www.radiolemans.com where you will also find the broadcast schedule and an extensive free archive of sportscar action including another chance to hear the Peugeot wins at Barcelona, Monza, Spa and the dominating 1-2 finish at the Nurburgring.''

clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2008, 05:57:14 pm »

Good news

* dukes_boss01.jpg (18 KB, 382x346 - viewed 412 times.)

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2008, 09:43:21 am »

Due to a few personal probs, I will not be to Whitlebury/Silversstone till Sat morn.

Sorry to anybody I was going to drink with on Friday night.

Have to catch up on Sat.

Cheers
Neil

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2008, 10:08:44 am »

Due to a few personal probs, I will not be to Whitlebury/Silversstone till Sat morn.

Have to catch up on Sat.

Cheers
Neil

Neil, where in the hell ya bin boy?

My money says you've been in prison and they won't let you out for weekend release til saturday morning!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2008, 03:30:48 pm »

Have to catch up on Sat.

Cheers
Neil

Neil, where in the hell ya bin boy?

My money says you've been in prison and they won't let you out for weekend release til saturday morning!

Thats when the tunnel will be finished!

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2008, 03:36:00 pm »

FOOD

As mad as its sound, I enjoyed cooking food for the crowd last year, so I'am going to have ago this year.

Anybody around Sat night will be welcome to eat with us,

Menu - Sat - Meat Pasta (spagi)
 Sun - Depending on hangover -  bacon/sausages/burgers wraps

I think I can manage about 30 people, all going well and subject to Wishy bringing the BBQ and cooker.

Also please note terms and condtions - eat at your own risk and no salesmen will call.  Grin

See you there

mal
CA Veteran

We are the Flying Baguettes!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2008, 05:06:37 pm »

Are the problems at the tunnel going to affect the lads from DFH?
tn*c
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2008, 06:55:22 pm »

Nope the are on the boat

Edit they are in England!
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2008, 08:15:14 pm »

i will be in luton sunday so have fun guys!

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2008, 08:58:03 pm »

We blagged are way in today (just followed a couple of cars through the main gate, and bullshited the parking marshal actually) Look to be a good full line up of Astons, Porche, Peugeot, ets. The historics look awsome with 4 BMW M1, and lots of lola's, chevron's and a GT40.
Have a good one.
Trackside

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2008, 09:26:34 pm »

I listened to Hindy and Titch's commentary online whilst at work this afternoon...and I'm looking forward to Sunday even more now, especially as I missed out on LM this year  Sad. Thanks to Peugeot for supplying my free ticket...

...c'mon Nishy!  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: