Club Arnage
June 25, 2024, 08:32:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Max Mosley has won his case  (Read 9844 times)
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« on: July 24, 2008, 12:31:28 pm »

He's been awarded £60,000 in damages.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7523034.stm

Steve East Anglian cobras

hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 12:36:29 pm »

No, he's lost it... his dignity, I mean.  Grin

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 12:40:57 pm »

Now he's proved his point he might show a little dignity and duck off and crawl back under a stone somewhere. Horrible man.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 12:48:41 pm »

A derisory amount as these things go.  Hope he thinks it was worth it.  Not.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 02:15:38 pm »

A derisory amount as these things go.  Hope he thinks it was worth it.  Not.

I can't imagine it was ever about the amount. If his privacy has been invaded, then he was right to challenge the paper in the court IMO.
I think he will feel it was absolutely worth it.
As has been said, he may or may not be a horrble little man, it may be a derisory amount, but what he does in his private life is no concern of mine or the News of the World.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 02:15:48 pm »

A derisory amount as these things go.

As these things go the award is anything but derisory:

The £60,000 award is a new record for damages for a breach of privacy in a case decided by a court. The previous highest sum was £14,600 awarded to Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas over unauthorised use of their wedding pictures in Hello magazine, in May 2003.

Out-of-court settlements have gained higher sums, but even there the highest to an individual was £37,500 paid to Sienna Miller by The Sun for pictures of the actress nude on a film set.

A settlement of £58,000 was agreed to be paid to Elizabeth Hurley, Hugh Grant and Arun Nayar by Big Pictures (UK) Ltd, Eliot Press SARL, Associated Newspapers and News Group Newspapers for invasion of privacy while on their holiday in the Maldives.

Max is still a dirty fascist pervert in my book, and unfit to run the FIA.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 02:21:34 pm »

Then I stand corrected, Christopher.  Although I doubt it's much money to him.  What I cannot fathom is why he thought it was worth it, as it just prolonged the media exposure of the whole sorry saga.  If he wishes things to be private, then the best thing to have done, imo, would have been just to wait for the papers to find some other celeb' to harry.  It'll all be chip paper soon, after all.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 02:34:13 pm »

As the Independent put it back in June:

Mr Mosley is an eminently dislikeable character. He has shown himself, in the past, to be a snob of the most odious sort. He supported his fascist father, Sir Oswald, far more keenly than the bonds of filial loyalty demanded. And a question mark hangs over whether his talents justified his rise to such an eminent position in motoring circles.

But NOTW went too for in publishing the video. They should have published an article saying that Max resorts to S&M prostitutes, has his arse shaved, get whacked till he bleeds, does some whacking himself, spends £75,000/year on it, and waited for Max to reply or sue them. Then they could have published more evidence. They certainly should not have attempted to blackmail the girls who were not in on the original video hit.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 03:04:01 pm »

I never get invited to Max Moseley's parties.

I tested negative for patience.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 04:21:38 pm »

Kpy has it spot on and I don't get invited to that sort of party either.

NOTW should have put it all on uTube, and then commented.  I still think that there is more dirty washing to be aired, but I'm surprised it wasn't leaked during the trial.

Perhaps a deal was been done with the FIA Mafia, whereby Max stays to the end of the year, and NOTW were jumping the gun.

I really don't care what he does with prostitutes, but are there other sessions behind closed doors that could harm F1.  I think we should be told

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 04:46:28 pm »

I really don't care what he does with prostitutes, but are there other sessions behind closed doors that could harm F1.  I think we should be told

What worried me is what someone wrote that this could be the open door that poisoned dwarf needed to wrestle more power away from the FIA.

Which evil would we prefer max will be history soon anyway, oh to be replaced with someone with even more Ferrari bias ooouch Grin Tin hat ready  Grin
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 05:08:41 pm »

I like Bernie!
(Runs and hides)

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 05:18:44 pm »

What worried me is what someone wrote that this could be the open door that poisoned dwarf needed to wrestle more power away from the FIA......
It is alleged that he has already wrestled most of the money away from the FIA.  Did Max turn a blind eye to this, and did Max receive anything back.  It is alleged that money changed hands.  Can anyone explain how the unpaid president of the FIA lives a millionaire lifestyle?

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 07:21:04 pm »

What worried me is what someone wrote that this could be the open door that poisoned dwarf needed to wrestle more power away from the FIA......
It is alleged that he has already wrestled most of the money away from the FIA.  Did Max turn a blind eye to this, and did Max receive anything back.  It is alleged that money changed hands.  Can anyone explain how the unpaid president of the FIA lives a millionaire lifestyle?

one word -Expenses

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 09:08:37 pm »

Don't you believe it's expenses.........try a huge bung from Bernie.....and everyone else if this is to be believed........Oh.....and I don't think they've sued the author of THIS piece!

http://www.sportspromedia.com/mosley.htm

Did I just say that out loud?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: