Club Arnage
July 01, 2024, 12:14:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spa 24hs - anyone going ?  (Read 16023 times)
zo-fo

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2008, 05:51:19 pm »

Thanks - I've seen tents there.  I'll just have to do without the showers at Eau Rouge and take the opportunity to exercise my German.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2008, 06:02:11 pm »

Having stayed at both Eau Rouge and the sites around the circuit, I'd say you're better off (certainly financially) at the sites around the circuit.  But avoid like the plague the one behind the bar/hotel in Francorchamps as the 8€ is a myth - they charge you that per day, and once for the car and once for the tent (double for a "large" tent).  A total rip-off.  Their ruse is to tell you to park and pitch your tent and by then it's too late for you to argue about the price!  They do have showers and electricity but that's extra too.  Humph.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2008, 09:48:57 pm »

Having stayed at both Eau Rouge and the sites around the circuit, I'd say you're better off (certainly financially) at the sites around the circuit.  But avoid like the plague the one behind the bar/hotel in Francorchamps as the 8€ is a myth - they charge you that per day, and once for the car and once for the tent (double for a "large" tent).  A total rip-off.  Their ruse is to tell you to park and pitch your tent and by then it's too late for you to argue about the price!  They do have showers and electricity but that's extra too.  Humph.

I liked Eau Rouge campsite, sitting in the corner under the trees with the river behind you, beautiful. The friendly little bar, pleasant surroundings, even the chavs were polite.

Unfortunately I, and my brother, enjoyed Eau Rouge campsite too much... was there a race on?

We did see some but it rained a fair bit on the race weekend, I think, which did not warrant too much movement.

Absolutely beautiful countryside.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2008, 11:04:33 pm »

Thanks for that........glad I'm going......and camping there Smiley

The young 'un will make sure I see more of the race than I otherwise would

Did I just say that out loud?
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2008, 09:40:24 am »

It's a good little campsite, eau rouge, except if you are on the family part of it, the owner started complaining about the noise at 6 pm, cause we were laughing to loud. So we were wise enought to take our beer just outside the campsite and sit at the lovely little stream to get drunk and be as loud as we wanted! All in all not to bad at all, just af fair hike to the circuit!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2008, 10:14:41 am »

Don't get me wrong, it's not that we didn't like Eau Rouge, simply that it was too d*mned far from the circuit so we missed more of the race than I'd like in getting back and forth.  We'll be back to our original spot this year where we could see the circuit from the tent. Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2008, 10:45:27 am »

I've heard it's within cycling distance......so we're taking our bikes.
Cycle over, bimble about, cycle back......feasible?

Did I just say that out loud?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2008, 10:56:09 am »

Perfectly possible, I would have thought.  It's a steep old hill so will keep you fit (and happily downhill on the way back so it's the right way round.)

Muzorewa

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2008, 02:19:14 pm »

The Eau Rouge website says something along the lines of "within walking distance of the circuit for the fit" which most definitely excludes Team Muz  Roll Eyes
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2008, 02:41:03 pm »

And 95% of the other CA regulars. Grin

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2008, 02:43:54 pm »

I don't resent the walk, just the racing time missed whilst doing it (if I see fewer than 20 hours of a 24 hour race I feel I've been diddled!)  A bike would seem the best solution to me.

knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 04:27:58 pm »

Don't know if you can enter the track at stavelot, but if you can it will only be about 5 minutes by bike. You can take the bike onto the circuit, which makes it a lot faster to get to the paddock from stavelot. If you cannot enter at stavelot, you have to take the long way round, be carefull, people tend to drive like idiots there, cause it is the old track. So if you bike back at night, make sure you wear reflective clothing and make sure the lights on the bikes are in working order.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Muzorewa

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2008, 04:38:24 pm »

You can access the circuit at the Stavelot corner, so it's easy from there.  There's also car parking on the side of the road.  But it's still a long way from the paddock on foot.  Wink
tn*c
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2008, 04:39:55 pm »

You can access the track at Stavelot but YOU CANNOT BUY TICKETS THERE! If you have not collected or had tickets sent you will need to go to the main entrance.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2008, 04:51:28 pm »

You can access the track at Stavelot but YOU CANNOT BUY TICKETS THERE! If you have not collected or had tickets sent you will need to go to the main entrance.
This is true.  And what is more, even tickets via the post have to be exchanged for wristbands so you need to get to the main entrance to do this.  Not a problem on the Thursday though from what I remember from last year.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: