Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 07:23:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An apology to Lady P  (Read 3286 times)
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2008, 01:53:38 pm »

I am writing to apologies to Lady P. A debate was running yesterday about road tax. Lady P posted that she did not purchase road tax for her car and I saw red. The reason it transpires that she does not buy tax is because she only drives on her own estate – where of course there is no requirement. I had not been aware of this when I posted a most disingenuous response. There are no real mitigating circumstances for my behaviour however I would say that a very good friend of mine was involved in an accident a little over ten years ago – the driver of the vehicle was not taxed or insured. My friend suffered severe brain damage and has not worked since. This has made the subject more than a little sensitive for me.

So Lady P I hope you will accept this apology. I have learnt a valuable lesson in as much I will be careful not to wade in until I am sure of all of the facts. Kind regards.

Monkey

Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 02:53:35 pm »

monkey,

Thank you, you are a gentleman.

Leftie

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
lady pig-pen

younger than kev_mk3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 03:24:16 pm »

Cheers.

Thats appreciated.

LPP

stay ginger xxx
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 03:30:14 pm »

Post below was from me... sent from her log in...derr!
Cheers anyway.

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
lady pig-pen

younger than kev_mk3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 07:09:57 pm »

So Lady P I hope you will accept this apology. I have learnt a valuable lesson in as much I will be careful not to wade in until I am sure of all of the facts. Kind regards.

Monkey

thanks monkey....apology happily accepted  Cheesy.....
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 08:53:40 pm by smokie » Logged

stay ginger xxx
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 10:17:52 pm »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Whilst I was not party to the unpleasant exchanges on friday evening, which were possibly fuelled by quantities of "refreshment", I have been advised of the general thrust.

There was undoubtedly a degree of misunderstanding at the start, leading to rash comment and invective (even to the extent that my name was being bandied about! Smiley), things got out of hand and personal. Club Arnage is normally the home of good natured banter between likeminded pals; we never agree on everything and have some great debates on all manner of subjects. However, with the exception of the infamous Harper Bros/Dan flame war circa 2003, I cannot recall a similar previous incident on CA; it is not the place, in my opinion, for trading personal insults. Let us keep it that way.There are never any winners in these matters. I would personally be extremely disappointed were such a situation to arise again.

Monkey's thoughtful and fulsome explanation and apology should be taken entirely at face value and I thank him for it.

As you were...

Andy Z

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: