Club Arnage
September 30, 2024, 11:29:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Like it HOT.  (Read 5399 times)
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2008, 10:20:10 pm »

No, not the film.............

But the likes of The Bretheren and Piggers....................nicked this off Yahoo.

ITN - Thursday, July 10 04:09 pmA row has broken out between rival restaurateurs who claim to have created the world's hottest curry.

(Advertisement)
Chefs at London's Cinnamon Club created the Bollywood Burner - a dish so spicy diners are required to sign a disclaimer before eating it.

Made with lethal "Naga" chillies, the lamb-based burner has been submitted to the Guinness Book of Records in a bid to have it officially declared the world's hottest curry.

But Rukon Latif, owner of the Rupali Restaurant in Newcastle, has vowed to fight fire with fire by making his Curry Hell dish even stronger.

The blistering balti was created by his late father Abdul Latif Lord of Harpole, when he opened the Rupali in 1977.

Mr Latif would give Curry Hell free to anyone who could finish a plateful.

Diners who have dared the Curry Hell challenge have included Gazza and "Jackass" daredevil Steve-O.

"How dare they claim the Bollywood burner is hotter than Curry Hell?" said Rukon Latif, 24.

"Dad would be turning in his grave. We've been serving up Curry Hell for years now and it's one of our most popular dishes.

"But we've been thinking of ways to make it stronger - we are experimenting with using Mexican chillies rather than the crushed Indian bird's eye chillies we use traditionally.

"The heat does not come from the chillies alone. There's a secret ingredient too which gives it its kick."

The Rupali already holds a world record for the longest takeaway curry delivery - from Newcastle to Sydney, Australia.

So, guys and Galls.  Are we going to make a CA visit?

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 10:26:37 pm »

Tongue

Would be more than happy to help sample and form judgement....
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 10:40:57 pm »

Toilet roll in the fridge people!!!!!!!

I tested negative for patience.
Jack the Hat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 08:39:57 am »

Could always cut out the middle man and chuck it straight down the toilet  Grin Grin

The only way is Sideways
Muzorewa

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 08:43:21 am »

There used to be a place on Upper Brook Street in Manchester called the Plaza, they did a 'suicide curry' which was free if you ate it.  Students typically went there and, being skint, ordered that and then HAD to eat it.

Conveniently, Manchester Royal Infirmary was right across the road for the stomach-pumping work  Evil
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 09:11:31 am »

There used to be a place on Upper Brook Street in Manchester called the Plaza, they did a 'suicide curry' which was free if you ate it. 

I was told by my brother, there use to be a Curry house on Whiteladies Road, Bristol, that did the same thing. Their curry was called - nuclear holocaust.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 09:18:10 am by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 02:29:23 pm »

Definetly something I will skip!!

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 10:00:16 pm »

I once made the mistake of ordering a Bangalore Phal after a stag night when (a) the wedding was the next day (b) the wedding was in Ilkley, a 50 mile drive and (c) I was the best man!
After finishing the steaming plate of, well, stuff I went to bed glorious in having tamed the curry beast. The next morning I was reminded of my stupidity when, upon swinging a leg out of the bed, the ring pain was so severe I had to sit in a bath of cold water and then investigate the medicinal properties of suppositories. (Aparrently you stick 'em up your bum - not chew them Doh!)

I do recall the waiters peering out of the kitchen doors and laughing and the maitre d offering me a life insurance policy.

Don't do it, it's just not worth it!

Steve

I tested negative for patience.
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 11:45:10 pm »

The Curry Capital, or the Rupali as it was called when it could still justify the tag 'restaurant', isn't anywhere I would eat in Toon.
Downhill for years, and there are so many quality places in the Toon (and environs)  that can serve up a hot curry if you want one.

Give it a miss....have a CA night in town and us locals will keep you right Grin

Did I just say that out loud?
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 11:56:41 pm »

The Curry Capital, or the Rupali as it was called when it could still justify the tag 'restaurant', isn't anywhere I would eat in Toon.
Downhill for years, and there are so many quality places in the Toon (and environs)  that can serve up a hot curry if you want one.

Give it a miss....have a CA night in town and us locals will keep you right Grin

I much prefer Fishermans Rest at Jesmond Dene or Fishermans Quay (us southerners know how to eat and spend the dosh).  But there is a 'balti' near Alnwick that I wouldn't mind visiting but not really sure where it is.

Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 01:29:02 am »

Leftie, permit me to don my pedants hat......Fisherman's 'Lodge' at Jesmond Dene.
A very nice establishment that relieves one of one's hard earned at a tremendous rate of knots. Grin 

Can't help with Alnwick though!

Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 03:38:20 pm »

Leftie, permit me to don my pedants hat......Fisherman's 'Lodge' at Jesmond Dene.
A very nice establishment that relieves one of one's hard earned at a tremendous rate of knots. Grin 

Can't help with Alnwick though!

OK D, my memory ain't that good Cheesy,  what a location though. I even wore a suit!!!

Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 04:54:39 pm »

Leftie, as I said, pedants hat on. Grin
Can't fault your choice of location or eatery mind!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: