Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 10:32:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hard time in business  (Read 81500 times)
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: July 06, 2009, 09:49:44 pm »

Fingers crossed for both of you.

Ade

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2009, 11:00:38 pm »

Many thanks for the kind words Ade.

I didn't get the job although it was very close.

At least the school chum phoned me personally to let me know the outcome.

Oh well, complete other better paid applications then.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 08, 2009, 06:02:50 pm »

Unlucky leftie,your obviously meant to be in a job with more pay  Tongue

Im still waiting to hear from my applications I sent off last week but I have just completed the online application for the RAF. Always a thing I thought I wouldn't have the balls to do but now is the time I suppose  Smiley

They have lumps of what round the back???
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2009, 01:44:46 am »

Im still waiting to hear from my applications I sent off last week but I have just completed the online application for the RAF. Always a thing I thought I wouldn't have the balls to do but now is the time I suppose  Smiley

As a pilot?

You could start the redevelopment of Toxteth by dropping a few HE devices. Evil

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Kiters

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2009, 10:17:21 am »

Hello Leftie,
I failed my exam at Brussels last Thursday and finished my contract with BT on Friday  Sad so I'm joining  the great unwashed and looking for a job myself

Good luck to all on here who are looking for work
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2009, 12:53:00 pm »

As a pilot?

You could start the redevelopment of Toxteth by dropping a few HE devices. Evil

Theres a few areas up here that could do with somthing being dropped on them  Wink

I'm looking to get an apprenticeship as an engineer or into the fire brigade or police,visiting the recrutment office in glasgow on monday with a mate.

Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 18, 2009, 09:25:13 am »

You could start the redevelopment of Toxteth by dropping a few HE devices.

The riots and Mr Heseltine, redeveloped the area for us.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
BryanC
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2009, 08:28:21 pm »

We should have a thread, of honour, to list those of us not going?

Bryan, what a b*stard time.
Your experiences were so awful that I was half expecting there to be a punch line, and a comment telling all us grumpy bu**ers to cheer up.

Well more power to you, we'll be there next year and I'm all for a t-shirt and piss up exclusive to us.

Doug
Guys - time for an update and its about time all you grumpy bu**ers cheered up. Heres the punch line. Yes 2009 started off crap but you have to  shake yourself down and move forward. I posted 1st May with my story and no I didn't get to le Mans this year - streamed it onto my laptop instead, but let me tell you how things move on.

Work has suddenly started to pick up in the construction industry ( remember I'm at the front end meeting clients and putting ideas down on the CAD machine ), salarys might be reinstated part way in a couple of months time and people I work with are starting to laugh together. Fingers still crossed a bit but I'm not the only one saying things have started to move at last.

OK, losing the missus so suddenly wasn't good, and thats an understatement which I can't reverse, but since then, friends have been fantastic, I've met lots more people, the village community where I live seemes to have taken me in, my diary is full of summer parties well into September, and the fa*ny is throwing itself at me, resulting in lots of new opportunities and time to enjoy myself. When you wake up you realise its all over the place, it brings a smile, although I hear that Nottingham is especially fortunate to the tune of 5 to 1. My mates call them 'black widows' and to watch out, but hey....seize the day. I even had a commitment offer last Friday from a gay divorcee 15 years younger, who I've known for a few years though not ready for that yet. ( She was probably slightly squiffy tho, but I think she might have been serious, and she suggested I see her at next weekends party - there might be some rumpy pumpy on offer too ). I've even been in touch with an old flame to pick up where we left off years ago, but thats another story for the ladies to get their hankies out to.

I've even discovered the lost art of flirting and leaving the fair sex with a glow to their ego as I go on my way with a twinkle in my eye. I'm choosy, not even blinking if a fat chav speaks, and goodness knows there are a lot of those about, but I've found even some of the really attractive ladies have a cross to bear - you know, no boyfriend, cold diary, no excitement and waiting for yours truly to come along and give them something to believe in themselves again. I'm no oil painting but seem to hold my own with no trouble under these circumstances.

I've learnt to cook for myself, eating lots of fresh veg and fruit, have lost some flab, feel better, have a spring in my step, skin is shining and built for loving - but might have to have a chat with a GP if things get too sprightly !!!

Right to be fair, I know some of you guys are feeling pretty low, but think of it as the start of coming back and you know where I'm coming from. Onwards and upwards. I don't want to trivialise some of the other threads on here at the moment, but I want to be a little more positive and make you cheer up although I don't suggest you dump the missus first to do the same as me.

Keep rocking, stay cool - see you at the Classic.

BryanC

And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2009, 09:46:05 pm »

Very uplifting Bryan.  Glad to see things are getting back on track for you.

Steve East Anglian cobras

BryanC
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2009, 10:01:49 pm »

Steve thanks.

Motivational speaking is not my forte, but life is what you make of it.

My son said tonight that Life is what gets in the way when you have aspirations - so true.

Re-reading my post, it seems I'm a right old letch, but that is far from the truth. Being happily married meant that I never looked beyond the garden hedge, never mind look to the horizon, and goodness knows I;ve stared down at my shoes a few times.

My prospective daughter in law tonight said its great having a chap like me around, so I must be saying a few right things. The main thing is see the bright side and keep smiling, and when I said give the ladies something to believe in, I meant a little bit of flattery, whether its your partner, wife, girl-friend or what ever. If they feel good, then you will, and it will rub off. Nobody responds to a grump.

Right off to the pub quiz now for  Wednesday night drinkie-poos part deux.

Keep rocking.

BryanC

And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2009, 05:30:01 pm »

We should have a thread, of honour, to list those of us not going?

Bryan, what a b*stard time.
Your experiences were so awful that I was half expecting there to be a punch line, and a comment telling all us grumpy bu**ers to cheer up.

Well more power to you, we'll be there next year and I'm all for a t-shirt and piss up exclusive to us.

Doug
Guys - time for an update and its about time all you grumpy bu**ers cheered up. Heres the punch line. Yes 2009 started off crap but you have to  shake yourself down and move forward. I posted 1st May with my story and no I didn't get to le Mans this year - streamed it onto my laptop instead, but let me tell you how things move on.

Work has suddenly started to pick up in the construction industry ( remember I'm at the front end meeting clients and putting ideas down on the CAD machine ), salarys might be reinstated part way in a couple of months time and people I work with are starting to laugh together. Fingers still crossed a bit but I'm not the only one saying things have started to move at last.

OK, losing the missus so suddenly wasn't good, and thats an understatement which I can't reverse, but since then, friends have been fantastic, I've met lots more people, the village community where I live seemes to have taken me in, my diary is full of summer parties well into September, and the fa*ny is throwing itself at me, resulting in lots of new opportunities and time to enjoy myself. When you wake up you realise its all over the place, it brings a smile, although I hear that Nottingham is especially fortunate to the tune of 5 to 1. My mates call them 'black widows' and to watch out, but hey....seize the day. I even had a commitment offer last Friday from a gay divorcee 15 years younger, who I've known for a few years though not ready for that yet. ( She was probably slightly squiffy tho, but I think she might have been serious, and she suggested I see her at next weekends party - there might be some rumpy pumpy on offer too ). I've even been in touch with an old flame to pick up where we left off years ago, but thats another story for the ladies to get their hankies out to.

I've even discovered the lost art of flirting and leaving the fair sex with a glow to their ego as I go on my way with a twinkle in my eye. I'm choosy, not even blinking if a fat chav speaks, and goodness knows there are a lot of those about, but I've found even some of the really attractive ladies have a cross to bear - you know, no boyfriend, cold diary, no excitement and waiting for yours truly to come along and give them something to believe in themselves again. I'm no oil painting but seem to hold my own with no trouble under these circumstances.

I've learnt to cook for myself, eating lots of fresh veg and fruit, have lost some flab, feel better, have a spring in my step, skin is shining and built for loving - but might have to have a chat with a GP if things get too sprightly !!!

Right to be fair, I know some of you guys are feeling pretty low, but think of it as the start of coming back and you know where I'm coming from. Onwards and upwards. I don't want to trivialise some of the other threads on here at the moment, but I want to be a little more positive and make you cheer up although I don't suggest you dump the missus first to do the same as me.

Keep rocking, stay cool - see you at the Classic.

BryanC

Pleased to hear that all is going in the right direction.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2009, 04:08:35 pm »

Im not down and out yet  Grin

Plenty of work at home keeping me going just now and trying my hardest to get into a new career path.
Just sent my application off to SECTT to register for electrical apprenticeships and applied for loads of college courses.

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2009, 01:07:41 pm »

As if Mondays are not bad enough...... to find an email from HR saying that mine and the other contract surveying positions are to be replaced by one permanent position made for a great start to the day.
Our wonderful new boss does not know what the salary is and was going to have a chat to us when he "had time".... the fact that he seems to want us in the office all day and not out doing what we are meant to do means that he would have had plenty of "time" over the last week.
The agency that we are both working for had not been informed either.

Looks like its back on the spanners for me as there is no way I would work under a spineless Fcuker like him..........

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Angry

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2009, 05:48:54 pm »

Sounds a bit shady that they inform you by email and not face to face aswell  Roll Eyes

Due to the lack of jobs out there that I can apply for Im off to college again. I got accepted for a place on the NC course in aeronautical engineering this morning and i'm going for it. Its classed as full time but its only 3 days a week so theres time for a bit of the old joinery on the side to keep the le mans and beer funds up  Grin

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2009, 10:05:57 am »

Still no explanation from the Boss and he is sat 3 feet away from me.... and I have asked Angry
Trying to remain calm..... but its not working very well Evil

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: