Club Arnage
October 02, 2024, 12:22:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brands Hatch  (Read 9948 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 01:36:31 pm »

Went Sunday and what a great event.

F5000 are the most stunning race cars, being slightly to young to remember watching them in period, it was great to see and hear so many race.

The Classic F1 cars brought back many memories, hard to beleive that most were over 20 years old, and these I do remember seeing 1st time round, seeing 2 the lotous twin chassis cars race being a highlight as was the lovely Matra.

Did anyone else get there?

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 03:08:27 pm »

Did anyone else get there?

Oh yes.  What a great day it was too.  Watching the drift cars at Druids was great fun.  Seeing the JPS cars take each other off at Paddock probably not quite so great, especially as it resulted in the race being red flagged.

Highlight of the day though has to go to the Historic Saloons.  Seeing a mini and a cortina take each other out at Paddock only for the following pack to come around the corner and over the brow of the hill was priceless.  Cars everywhere, and all but the mini and the cortina making out of the kitty litter to carry on with the race. Brilliant!

Dx 

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 05:19:39 pm »

Yup, just fantastic racing, F1's, F5000's and my own faves the CanAms. As discussed with Doris on the day, it was simply a great day out. Paddock Hill bend is such a great spot, sat in the sun we were red all over on getting home. Factor 20 next time! Oh and sorry I didn't see you Rupert, we ought to get better organised next time!

Only slightly sour note was my friend Mike Pullen smashing up his beautiful Brabham Repco in the last race. He walked away from the wreckage fortunately, but the car's rather bent Sad (Funnily enough he took me round Goodwood very very fast in his Lotus Cortina a few weeks ago, and we slightly bent that too.)

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 09:58:15 pm »

Yup, just fantastic racing, F1's, F5000's and my own faves the CanAms. As discussed with Doris on the day, it was simply a great day out. Paddock Hill bend is such a great spot, sat in the sun we were red all over on getting home. Factor 20 next time! Oh and sorry I didn't see you Rupert, we ought to get better organised next time!

Only slightly sour note was my friend Mike Pullen smashing up his beautiful Brabham Repco in the last race. He walked away from the wreckage fortunately, but the car's rather bent Sad (Funnily enough he took me round Goodwood very very fast in his Lotus Cortina a few weeks ago, and we slightly bent that too.)

Is that the Mike Pullen who lives in Kent, drive a Bentley and has a barn full of motors because he doesn't know how to sell them?

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 12:14:55 am »

Is that the Mike Pullen who lives in Kent, drive a Bentley and has a barn full of motors because he doesn't know how to sell them?

No, it's the Mike Pullen who lives in a very big house in Sussex, drives a Lambo and has a very sucessful business selling exotica. Consequently he can afford to smash up a Brabham Repco in a wheeel to wheel contact accident at Dingle Dell and still be at his best mate's funeral the following day claiming "not to be stiff".

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: