Club Arnage
July 03, 2024, 05:30:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations..., to all those born in the 70s and earlier  (Read 11801 times)
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 01:59:56 pm »

........Not to mention a Mulsanne straight with no fricking chicanes!

Good grief, I missed the important bit

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
lady pig-pen

younger than kev_mk3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 04:23:56 pm »

well i was born in the late 80's and just about all of the original post was still true for a kid living in rural tasmania in the 90's, and still is today....i think i only got told not to talk to strangers/get in their car once (when we went to the city - big town) because where i grew up there were no strangers.........

stay ginger xxx
lady pig-pen

younger than kev_mk3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 04:27:42 pm »

In German we have a saying - translated freely: "Dirt cleans your stomach" - and I think it's true

my brother, his dog and i spent all of our summers either swimming in the dam which had cow poo pumped directly into it or in our massive drinking water tank, sometimes both in the same day.... Evil 

stay ginger xxx
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 04:49:51 pm »

well i was born in the late 80's and just about all of the original post was still true for a kid living in rural tasmania in the 90's, and still is today....i think i only got told not to talk to strangers/get in their car once (when we went to the city - big town) because where i grew up there were no strangers.........

I know what you mean Claire (no not about being born in the late 80's before anyone gets smart  Tongue).

All my nieces are growing up in rural NZ and most of this is still true for them today.  My brother and his wife never lock their house.  My sister and her husband never have a bloody clue where their two oldest girls are at the weekend but they know the girls are safe and as long as they're home in time for dinner then that's just fine.

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 05:05:24 pm »

In German we have a saying - translated freely: "Dirt cleans your stomach" - and I think it's true

my brother, his dog and i spent all of our summers either swimming in the dam which had cow poo pumped directly into it or in our massive drinking water tank, sometimes both in the same day.... Evil 

One of our friends (who lived across the road) had a stream running through his parent's back garden.  The water came through an old water pipe - which we used to crawl up every now and then to see if we could break into the Catholic school and upset the nuns - and then lead off, eventually, to the irrigation ponds.  When the council put the new pipes in further downstream all the local kids would play in the pipes / stream all day long in the summer.  That stream and those pipes were full of all sorts of $hit.  Wink

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 10:49:58 pm »

Is that because the next person was 2000 miles away Grin

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
nickliv
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 11:35:44 pm »

True, true.

On my 8th birthday my Dad (pissed up) and my uncle (pissed up) egged me into doing a jump on my new bike.

Over the ramp, I careered down the garden on the front wheel, until I was stopped by a handy soft landing area.

A pile of old rusty corrugated iron.

The scar is no longer visible, but I still know it's there.

I despair of the mollycoddled environment in which my kids will grow up, I adore them, and I want no undue harm and suffering to come to them, but it'd be good if they can get a handle on cause and effect before they're 30.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 11:37:22 pm by nickliv » Logged
lady pig-pen

younger than kev_mk3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 12:54:24 am »

Is that because the next person was 2000 miles away Grin

we dont have miles in tasmania....like the rest of the world (apart from anerica and england) its all metric... Grin

stay ginger xxx
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 03:08:59 am »

we dont have miles in tasmania....like the rest of the world (apart from anerica and england) its all metric... Grin

Not sure where that is, is it in Tasmania?

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 11:26:41 am »

Just a little way south east of the new forest I think!

Andy
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 09:31:50 pm »

I was born in '72, spent all my time as a kid outside covered in filth, building camps, go karts, playing with petrol, getting worms, smoking nettles, stamping in cowpats, falling off of BMX's.
Look how I have turned out....
Not the same for the scrotes of today..... Glad I had what I had. Still makes me laugh now Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 11:10:25 pm »

sh*t I'm getting old!! Born in '51.

But hell, I had fun as a kid, cowboys and indians (we had arrows), war games with air rifles.  Yes, we got hurt, but it taught you to keep your head down and your bum out of site.

Then the go-carts built from timber and pram wheels scavenged from the local dump. No brakes but hell it was great.

Homemade catapults with 1/4 inch donkey rubber, they were better than the one you buy now. Then 'Dutch Arrows' pretty accurate when you got the hang of them. Much like a sling shot but an arrow.

We also raided the railway sheds for detonators. 'nough said.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 12:05:59 pm »

We all remember this then!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

And you try and tell the young folk that today and they won't believe you!!

Andy
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 12:25:48 pm »

bows and arrows huh?

Ii've still got the remains of the scar the arrow left when I was shot in the leg by David Harrison

bleeder!

and me mom gave me a smack for standing in front of the tosser

before she filled it with Dettol

Luxury!

It always made me wonder if people really died from arrow wounds though...

Huh

No ta, I don't want to find out now, fifty years later

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 12:33:07 pm »

Detonators Leftie, turned the old mans patio into crazy paving with one of those. got a hell of a crack from him for that, then got another for nicking the detonator happy days Grin Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: