Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 01:28:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SEBRING 09  (Read 71128 times)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2008, 10:02:08 am »

Thursday to Sunday for me and a beer sounds good

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2008, 10:53:05 am »

I can feel my arm being twisted up my back right now!

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2008, 11:32:14 am »

Maybe you can both make it over to the Hatch warren Lager Fest on the 5th July??
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2008, 01:11:07 pm »

Mark - no can do I'm afraid.

Away camping with the kids that weekend.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2008, 02:07:20 pm »

Cant wait to meet you.
Your kit awaits you,Mr.Diesel. Grin

Randy,

Thanks for that. I think I'll be doing as was suggested earlier and wait for the airline seat sales in the Autumn.
What's the general consensus; Thursday to Sunday?

As long as you can get away with and your liver will stand!!!  Grin

Geting in line on Tuesday night is a blast! People like the party barge have almost as full a set-up in the queue as they do when they get into the circuit (pool tables, bar etc)

I'll be flying out the previous Saturday for a little chill out time and then flying home on Sunday after the race! Unless of course an airline comes up with some kind of offer to make it significantly cheaperto fly on other days of the week!

Maybe we should meet up with Bob for that overdue beer and chat it through!  Smiley
Just keep me updated on your flightplans, flying out from London looks way cheaper then from Amsterdam so far...

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2008, 03:28:18 pm »

Cant wait to meet you.
Your kit awaits you,Mr.Diesel. Grin

Randy,

Thanks for that. I think I'll be doing as was suggested earlier and wait for the airline seat sales in the Autumn.
What's the general consensus; Thursday to Sunday?

As long as you can get away with and your liver will stand!!!  Grin

Geting in line on Tuesday night is a blast! People like the party barge have almost as full a set-up in the queue as they do when they get into the circuit (pool tables, bar etc)

I'll be flying out the previous Saturday for a little chill out time and then flying home on Sunday after the race! Unless of course an airline comes up with some kind of offer to make it significantly cheaperto fly on other days of the week!

Maybe we should meet up with Bob for that overdue beer and chat it through!  Smiley
Just keep me updated on your flightplans, flying out from London looks way cheaper then from Amsterdam so far...

Will do!!  Smiley
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2008, 08:34:26 pm »

Tuesday - monday for me, I think

Autumn prices should be good

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
F-Troop Mom

Home address: F-Troop, Green Park, Sebring, FL

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2008, 10:38:44 pm »

Time goes by so fast at the track (as I'm sure it does at LeMans) that you want to get there as early as possible.  Wednesday is pretty quiet, good to get the lay of the land and build everything.  You'll miss a good party if your not there by Thursday.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2008, 04:21:59 pm »

Just checked Virgin Atlantic. LGW - MCO return, going out Thursday morning returning Sunday evening £452.60 inc all taxes. I can't remember what I paid last year. I didn't book until a couple of weeks before so I don't know whether to take a chance on this price. Can anyone tell me what they paid this year?

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2008, 05:00:06 pm »

It's very much on my calendar for next year, but won't know what days and which flights til much nearer the time. Anyone fancy hiring and sharing an RV?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2008, 05:11:00 pm »

Just checked Virgin Atlantic. LGW - MCO return, going out Thursday morning returning Sunday evening £452.60 inc all taxes. I can't remember what I paid last year. I didn't book until a couple of weeks before so I don't know whether to take a chance on this price. Can anyone tell me what they paid this year?

I paid about 450 euro last year, so looks expensive to me. But prices have increased dramatically, so it might be a good deal.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2008, 05:37:22 pm »

Hi Bob
Normally in November BA and Virgin have a sale and it comes down to under £300

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
tn*c
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2008, 06:21:55 pm »

Whilst looking for flights to Sebring for 2009 I noticed that the Visa waiver program is changing read what is needed here:-

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/flightops/execclub/_gf/en_gb/role-tradecustomer?p_faqid=3334
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2008, 07:17:14 pm »

A user name  and password is needed to access the info. Can you cut and paste for us?

tn*c
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2008, 07:30:22 pm »

Sorry:-

Changes to US Visa Waiver Programme from August 2008
     Summary

Most British Citizens visiting the US for less than 90 days do not require a visa as they qualify for visa free entry under the US Visa Waiver Programme (US VWP) (see below). However, exclusions apply and you should check whether you qualify well in advance of travelling.  Useful guidance can be found in the Entry Requirements section of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office travel advice website and the US Embassy/Department for Homeland Security websites through the following links (please note these are links to external sites and will open in a new browser window):

Foreign Office - US Travel Advice
US Embassy in London
US Department for Homeland Security

If you are not a resident of the UK you will need to contact the US Embassy in your country of residence.
     More information

If you are travelling under the Visa Waiver Programme from early 2009 you must also have Travel Authorisation to the United States. You can receive authorisation by completing the online form at the US Department of Homeland Security  and a decision will normally be made within seconds. Although authorisation will only become compulsory in 2009 you will be able to apply voluntarily from the beginning of August 2008. It is recommended that you do so to familiarise yourself with the new system.

What is Travel Authorisation?
Travel Authorisation is an automated system used to determine the eligibility of visitors for travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Programme (VWP). Currently, citizens of countries eligible for the VWP fill in a green form (I-94W) whilst en route to the US. The Travel Authorisation will replace this form at some time in the future, although passengers can apply for Travel Authorisation from the beginning of August 2008 on a voluntary basis. When the Travel Authorisation becomes compulsory passengers will be asked to apply for one no later than 72 hours prior to departure.

Do I need to apply for Travel Authorisation?
Currently it is not compulsory to apply for Travel Authorisation but from the beginning of August 2008 passengers are recommended to apply for one on a voluntary basis. It is expected that Travel Authorisation will become mandatory for all citizens of VWP countries from early 2009.

How do I apply for Travel Authorisation?
Log onto US Department of Homeland Security and complete the online application form. The US Department of Homeland Security recommends that applications be submitted no less than 72 hours prior to travel. In most cases you will receive a response within seconds.

What information is required for Travel Authorisation?
The information required for Travel Authorisation is the same as is currently required by the green visa waiver form (I-94W).
The traveller must provide biographical data including name, date of birth and passport information, as well as travel information such as the flight number and destination address in the United States. The traveller will also be required to answer VWP eligibility yes/no questions regarding communicable diseases, arrests and convictions for certain crimes, and past history of visa refusal among others.

Will I still need to fill in the green visa waiver form (I-94W)?
Until the US authorities withdraw the I-94W you will still need to fill in the green visa waiver form on board the aircraft.

Which countries are part of the visa waiver scheme?
Andorra
Austria
Australia
Belgium
Brunei
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Monaco
The Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Portugal
San Marino
Singapore
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom

How far in advance can I apply for Travel Authorisation?
You can apply for Travel Authorisation from the beginning of August 2008. VWP travellers are not required to have specific plans to travel to the United States before applying for Travel Authorisation. The US Department of Homeland Security recommends that Travel Authorisation approval be obtained as soon as a VWP traveller begins to plan a trip to the US and no later than 72 hours before departure.

How long is the Travel Authorisation valid?
Approved Travel Authorisation applications are valid for two years and allow for multiple trips to the US. However, a new Travel Authorisation will have to be obtained if an individual has a new passport within the two-year period or if any answers to the YES/NO questions on the Travel Authorisation application form change within this period.

Do I need Travel Authorisation even if I’m just transiting through the US?
Yes, Travel Authorisation will be compulsory for all travel to the US from early 2009.

My Travel Authorisation has not been authorised. Does this mean I can’t travel?
You cannot travel on the visa waiver scheme without Travel Authorisation. You should contact the US Embassy and enquire about a visa.

Can I apply for Travel Authorisation even if I have no firm plans to visit the US?
Visa Waiver Programme travellers are not required to have specific plans to travel to the US before they apply for a Travel Authorisation.

I am travelling in less than 72 hours. Can I still apply for Travel Authorisation?
In most cases yes, but please check at  US Department of Homeland Security

Can I complete the form in a language other than English?
It is a requirement of the US Department of Homeland Security that the application be completed in English.

Do I still need to fill in my APIS details?
Yes. Travel Authorisation is in addition to the requirement to submit APIS data.

I am not a citizen of a country eligible for the VWP – how does this affect me?
There is no change to the current visa arrangements for citizens of non-visa waiver countries at this time.

Why when the US authorities are not yet enforcing this are you asking your customers to give the data?
From the beginning of August 2008 passengers can apply for Travel Authorisation on a voluntary basis – we are not enforcing this procedure until we are obliged to do so in early 2009.

I am traveling to the US on business. Will I need to apply for a Travel Authorisation?
Most business travellers can travel on the Visa Waiver Programme. Check with the US Embassy if in doubt.

More info here:-

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/without/without_1990.html

REALLY annoys me that the media will not tell you this!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: