Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 01:23:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SEBRING 09  (Read 71092 times)
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 10:37:02 am »

Rex,

Do you have any indications on Cost for this?? I'd dearly love to get out to Sebring, but previously cost has been a real issue for me....

Perhaps someone who has done it before might be so kind as to estimate costings?  I need to see where I need to cut back to afford it...

In summary - im up for it, funds permitting....

Brad,

I think Mark has pretty much covered what I was going to say. 

In real terms I've always thought of Sebring as being cheaper than LM - especially this year! Roll Eyes

Additionally I'll be making the trip from NZ next year (all being right and good in the world) so it's going to cost me much more than it's going to cost you meaning that you really have no excuse to not turn up at Turn 10.

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 10:40:13 am »

Well I'm up for it and dragonwife says yes so it looks like another one ticked off the list!
 What does it cost to hire a RV for a weekend? Do the RV pitches book up fast- do I need to book one now? 

S

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 10:55:32 am »

Well I'm up for it and dragonwife says yes so it looks like another one ticked off the list!
 What does it cost to hire a RV for a weekend? Do the RV pitches book up fast- do I need to book one now? 

S

The trackside RV pitches are probably sold out already. I believe whoever has it for the year has automatic first dibs on it for the following year. Some people have been on the same pitch at Turn one or the home straight for 50 years!! The ACO could learn a lot from SIR!!!

If you can get one trackside, they are expensive, $400 rings a bell. But you can park an RV in Green Park (which is where Turn 10 is) for the standard $50 and if you get in early enough you can still be near the track!

D might know the cost of the camper as they shared one between four of them.

Beer is cheap at the liquor stores and supermarkets. Just buy a reasonable cooler and ice is plentiful and cheap ($30 for cooler and ice) If you don't want to BBQ everyday there are some nice restaurants only 5 or 10 minutes from the track. With the £ v $ rate at the moment it's so chjeap to go there it's silly!

This year, Doris, Rick, Julian and I were lucky enough to see a night launch of a Space Shuttle from the beach at Titusville. Last year we visited Kennedy Space Centre (well worth it and good value). Obviously you have all the theme parks around, plus airboat rides, Gator parks etc etc.

There's a great crazy golf course just off International Drive, but I'll let Mr Zarse tell you about that, I'd hate to steal his thunder!!  Grin
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 11:09:13 am »

S

D might know the cost of the camper as they shared one between four of them.

This year, Doris, Rick, Julian and I were lucky enough to see a night launch of a Space Shuttle from the beach at Titusville.

I know the initial cost of the RV was £150 each.  Not sure what the mileage costs were in the end and not sure how much we spent on fuel either.  We hired from Cruise America.  Booking through their UK site was cheaper than booking through thier US site last year so check both.

No launches planned for March according to the NASA site at the mo.

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 11:27:00 am »

...just do it, sure you will have a good time and not regret it. Booked my flights 2 weeks ago so I`m set.

GAB
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 01:35:30 pm »

For the benefit of those thinking about this - Virgin Atlantic - economy leaving thursday, flying back monday, £448 inclusive of all taxes and surcharges....

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 01:49:29 pm »

For the benefit of those thinking about this - Virgin Atlantic - economy leaving thursday, flying back monday, £448 inclusive of all taxes and surcharges....

Keep an eye on the flights on a weekly/monthly basis. Last year I paid £348. If I'd booked three weeks earlier could have got it for £304! Two months earlier than that it was £568!!!

Vary your departure/return dayes too. IIRC, flying back Sunday evening was cheaper (that's what I do! Bear in mind you will land back in the UK the following morning too so may nede to think about getting to work on the morning you land?

Circuit opens on Wednesday morning at 6am and there are cars on track from 8am. It's not like Le Mans where it's just the big boys plus one Classic support race........there is a full card with something like six other classes from open wheelers to Mazda saloons!
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2008, 02:48:49 pm »

Ps. dragonwife will not be at race so fear not.

You must bring her,she will no longer be the Dragonwife.

And yes there is lots for them to do,Orlando or the beaches.

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2008, 02:55:29 pm »

If I were ever to be in a position to afford it again, I would definately hire an RV.  The big downside of Sebring to me was the lack of stalls off the main drag which meant that getting just a cup of coffee was virtually impossible without a trek (involving the complicated bridge crossing from Turn 10 if you're over there - which is a must, imo!) and the loos/showers at night were  Lips Sealed.  Also, the complete lack of info' about what's going on so do not forget your radio!

The hospitality from Randy and co was second to none and definately something you should do at least once in a lifetime.

Also, roll on the 24 hours of Sebring - that race is just too d*mned short. Grin
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 02:57:18 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2008, 03:18:37 pm »

If I were ever to be in a position to afford it again, I would definately hire an RV. 

Also, roll on the 24 hours of Sebring - that race is just too d*mned short. Grin

I heard that! Grin

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 03:38:40 pm »

If I were ever to be in a position to afford it again, I would definately hire an RV. 

I heard that! Grin
An RV's probably a bit more hurricane proof Randy. Wink

I'd love to go again, but 30ks worth of diesel to get to LM's means a slight cost difference for yours truly (and of course I have to budget for two of us...)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2008, 07:03:17 pm »

I have the green light for Sebring 09, and I cannot wait, well I can actually.

Normally around October/November BA and Virgin have a sale, around £280 from Gatwick, also a small car with fuel can cost as little as £100 for the week.

WoooHooo Sebring

Has anyone seen my hat?

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
lady pig-pen

younger than kev_mk3

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2008, 07:10:21 pm »

yay there's another car race...............VEGAS BABY WOOHOO........ Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

stay ginger xxx
goodduck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 05:48:18 am »

i intend on going but have no plans as of yet. I would be thrilled if there was a shuttle launch the same week.

looking for 2 General Admission tickets for 2023 24H Le Mans race only but will buy anything available.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2008, 09:50:06 am »

Don't forget those flying from Gatwick get free valet parking at Zarse Airport Parking Ltd.

One of the Zarses is a Virgin pilot and we're looking at it seriously for 09. In 07, what we saved on the cheap flights  Cheesy we spent on ridiculously expensive car hire  Angry. But it was a Corvette convertible   Cheesy Grin

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: