Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 01:27:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SEBRING 09  (Read 71125 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 10:07:13 am »

Don't forget those flying from Gatwick get free valet parking at Zarse Airport Parking Ltd.

One of the Zarses is a Virgin pilot and we're looking at it seriously for 09. In 07, what we saved on the cheap flights  Cheesy we spent on ridiculously expensive car hire  Angry. But it was a Corvette convertible   Cheesy Grin

Yes, Yes, Yes, we all know about the convertible and your trip to Coco Beach,  Roll Eyes and your upgrade on the way back while us plebs were left in economy.  Angry

But tell them about your golfing exploits!!  Grin
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 10:41:42 am »

Here's the 2008 tickets page for interest, with prices. http://www.sebringraceway.com/tickets_sebring.lasso. (Reached through a link which says 2009!)

Also here is the 2008 official guide. http://www.sebringraceway.com/pdfs/2008-Sebring-GG.pdf - which has useful info and maps etc.

2009 dates are March 18 - 21.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 10:46:43 am by smokie » Logged
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 12:18:44 pm »

Better get a flight booked then!
 We're going to put the race in the middle of a 10 day stay. Cannot beleive the missus is up for it, there must be a catch.
 Will prob be just the 12 hr I get to see instead of the whole caboodle but its better than nowt I guess.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2008, 12:29:31 pm »

Better get a flight booked then!
 We're going to put the race in the middle of a 10 day stay. Cannot beleive the missus is up for it, there must be a catch.
 Will prob be just the 12 hr I get to see instead of the whole caboodle but its better than nowt I guess.

Just get the flights booked for now Si while you've got aggreement!!  Smiley

We can can work on how much time you get to spend at the circuit nearer the time!!  Grin Evil
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2008, 01:01:09 pm »

Don't forget those flying from Gatwick get free valet parking at Zarse Airport Parking Ltd.

One of the Zarses is a Virgin pilot and we're looking at it seriously for 09. In 07, what we saved on the cheap flights  Cheesy we spent on ridiculously expensive car hire  Angry. But it was a Corvette convertible   Cheesy Grin

Yes, Yes, Yes, we all know about the convertible and your trip to Coco Beach,  Roll Eyes and your upgrade on the way back while us plebs were left in economy.  Angry

But tell them about your golfing exploits!!  Grin

Ah yes Mark! Golf!

It's all come flooding back, the warm memories of that noble and ancient game we all love so; the etiquette, the hazel-shafted mashee niblick, tea in the clubhouse and no spikes in the gentlemen's lounge please. The strange rules and damned cussedness of the whole thing and all those other aspects that make golf such a compelling yet frustrating game.

Mark, Steve Brown and myself were priveledged enough to tee off at probably the finest golf course of it's kind in Florida. The vista on the first hole stretched away into the distance, as we limbered up to take our turn to drive off. I went last, Steve and Mark having played a couple of pretty decent drives, and as I approached the tee box I was initially a bit worried I'd get left behind if I didn't hit a good shot. I need not have worried. My ball flew straight as an arrow down the middle off the fairway, rolling along with a hop and a skip with all the top spin I'd put on it. Then disaster! It bounced and hit the big windmill, but fortunately ricochetted off onto the concrete pirate ship, clipping a plastic crocodile on it's way and then flew straight down the hole. Hole in one!!! The crowd roared their approval, I tell you, they'd never seen anything like it at the Congo River Crazy Golf Course...  Roll Eyes

The funniest bit was when Steve tried to putt the ball up a steep ramp. He didn't quite give it enough, the ball stalling a mere couple of inches short of the lip and thus rolling back at increasing speed towards Steve. He initially tried to stop it with his golf bat, or club or whatever that thing with the metal head on the end is called. He missed, so he tried to stamp on the ball. Missed again. It shot past him so he set off in hot pursuit.It raced downhill and down the steps where the queue behind us was waiting patiently. Steve hurtled past them down the stairs all the time stooping down and clutching wildly at the bouncing bomb which somehow managed to stay just out of his flailing grasp. Totally hilarious, Mark and myself collapsed in a heap onto the floor clutching our sides, it took us a good few minutes to recover our composure. I don't know what the Royal and Ancient would have to say about it though.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 01:04:00 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2008, 04:41:47 pm »

One of the Zarses is a Virgin pilot and we're looking at it seriously for 09.

All Zarses are welcome at Turn 10.

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2008, 05:01:30 pm »

Sebring '09 is looking very appealing to me.
After the debacle of '07, where the current Mrs Diesel double booked me with my God sons Christening, I am thinking it could be "GO" for next year.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2008, 09:32:03 pm »

Cant wait to meet you.
Your kit awaits you,Mr.Diesel. Grin

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2008, 11:48:56 pm »

The funniest bit was when Steve tried to putt the ball up a steep ramp. He didn't quite give it enough, the ball stalling a mere couple of inches short of the lip and thus rolling back at increasing speed towards Steve. He initially tried to stop it with his golf bat, or club or whatever that thing with the metal head on the end is called. He missed, so he tried to stamp on the ball. Missed again. It shot past him so he set off in hot pursuit.It raced downhill and down the steps where the queue behind us was waiting patiently. Steve hurtled past them down the stairs all the time stooping down and clutching wildly at the bouncing bomb which somehow managed to stay just out of his flailing grasp. Totally hilarious, Mark and myself collapsed in a heap onto the floor clutching our sides, it took us a good few minutes to recover our composure. I don't know what the Royal and Ancient would have to say about it though.

Think I'll stick to pocket billiards next time  Roll Eyes

Steve East Anglian cobras

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2008, 01:23:31 am »

Flight is booked and paid for. Fly out to Houston on March 14th. Bit of a less fancy road trip this time Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2008, 01:33:20 am »

The temptation is absolutely killing me here dammit....

Must pay for the wedding Must pay for the wedding Must pay for the wedding Must pay for the wedding Must pay for the wedding Must pay for the wedding Must pay for the wedding Must pay for the wedding Must pay for the wedding Must pay for the wedding Must pay for the wedding Must pay for the wedding Must pay for the wedding ....... hmmm I wonder how an early honeymoon in Florida would go down??

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2008, 07:55:44 am »

Must pay for the wedding ....... hmmm I wonder how an early honeymoon in Florida would go down??

Must go to Sebring for STAG DO!!!   Grin

Dx
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 09:27:05 am by Doris » Logged

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2008, 09:23:21 am »

Good one Doris. Grin

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2008, 09:55:31 am »

Cant wait to meet you.

Randy,

Thanks for that. I think I'll be doing as was suggested earlier and wait for the airline seat sales in the Autumn.
What's the general consensus; Thursday to Sunday?

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2008, 10:00:50 am »

Cant wait to meet you.

Randy,

Thanks for that. I think I'll be doing as was suggested earlier and wait for the airline seat sales in the Autumn.
What's the general consensus; Thursday to Sunday?

As long as you can get away with and your liver will stand!!!  Grin

Geting in line on Tuesday night is a blast! People like the party barge have almost as full a set-up in the queue as they do when they get into the circuit (pool tables, bar etc)

I'll be flying out the previous Saturday for a little chill out time and then flying home on Sunday after the race! Unless of course an airline comes up with some kind of offer to make it significantly cheaperto fly on other days of the week!

Maybe we should meet up with Bob for that overdue beer and chat it through!  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: