Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 05:23:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Podium presentation access to pit lane  (Read 2475 times)
Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2008, 12:17:46 pm »

1st I'd like to say what a great weekend, 1st time driving over  Cry I have no intention of going to Le Mans on a coach again  Lips Sealed
Thanks to Pretzel for the camping pass soory didn't get to buy you a drink  Embarrassed as promised  maybe next time or at britcar 24 if you're there?

Anyway what the post is about why as they have done in the past (at leat once I know of) did they not open the gates in the paddock to let people in to watch the podium ceremony from the pit lane?
Many people got highly annoyed when they didn't open & it had all started, I ran round through the tunnel & watched from trackside but it wasn't the same  Lips Sealed
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 01:44:17 pm »

The paddock and pits were closed but you could access the pitlane.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 02:11:50 pm by hgb » Logged

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 01:58:55 pm »

I don't understand what you mean BB?  Do you mean you thought that they would open up the Paddock to those without Paddock passes so that they could get through to the Pit Lane for the podium or that you were in the Paddock but couldn't get to the Pit Lane for the podium? 
Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 04:33:38 pm »

Do you mean you thought that they would open up the Paddock to those without Paddock passes

The gate I mean is the one that goes into the building at the start of the pit lane that the podium is attached to. this area is fenced off from the main paddock where the trucks etc are parked.
So if you came out of the foot tunnel & turned left heading towards the pit grandstand entrance.

I know they opened it 2 years ago as I was there in the pit lane right below the podium, a lot of people had gathered there so I presumed they would open it again wrong! Roll Eyes

Question is if they don't open it again. apart from the mad scramble under the fence from trackside or run up towards the main entrance & go in that gate is there another way onto the track? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: