Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 08:29:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio LeMans  (Read 5424 times)
TigerSam

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2008, 11:09:39 pm »

Does anybody know if this is broadcasted digitally? My trusty Le Mans radio of god knows how many years has packed in and i have a DAB radio operates on batteries. Im pretty sure this radio works on higher frequencies (150 MHz +) than FM (88 - 108 MHz) so by that reconning im guessing it doesnt pick up normal radio. Ill prob buy a cheapo one too but i know this is quite good quality.

Sam

“Racing is life; anything that happens before or after is just waiting.”
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 11:42:47 pm »

Does anybody know if this is broadcasted digitally? My trusty Le Mans radio of god knows how many years has packed in and i have a DAB radio operates on batteries. Im pretty sure this radio works on higher frequencies (150 MHz +) than FM (88 - 108 MHz) so by that reconning im guessing it doesnt pick up normal radio. Ill prob buy a cheapo one too but i know this is quite good quality.

Sam

Not sure Sam, you could always email them from their website.

Remember though that RLM is done on a budget and may not be able to afford narrow digital banding. It is also power limited.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Truck
CA Veteran

Are you HGV positive?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 12:04:42 am »

There is no DAB in France.  They've decided to go for DAB+ which nobody has started yet, and is incompatable with DAB.  It may never take off, as there are just too many ways to get radio, and the internet looks like winning long term.  Fine, but its not too portable around the circuit

Help, get me out of here.  Its Lorry

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
TigerSam

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 12:18:01 am »

Cheers for your responces guys. Like i say ill pick up a cheapy radio too and can always rely on the car, just as long as i dont flatten the battery  Embarrassed

oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 02:27:15 pm »

The proliferation of giant screens around the circuit has reduced the need to listen RLM anyway.
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 02:45:28 pm »

The proliferation of giant screens around the circuit has reduced the need to listen RLM anyway.

Sort of true,  if people are out of sight of a giant screen, i.e. in a campsite or travelling near the circuit, then RLM comes into its own as always!

We still have our small 1 ear RLM radios from last year,  easy to carry and use, and usable else where too (as we found out at Spa) . Ok,  the sound isn't the best quality but they do the job!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
TigerSam

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 02:59:30 pm »

Yeah i was thinking around the campsite, radio is too big to carry into the circuit. Ive still got a RLM radio too for around the circuit

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: