Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 08:25:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: speedferries urgent info  (Read 5641 times)
gt6

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2008, 05:44:52 pm »

Just had an e mail from speedferries telling me the return ferry from france 15 June at 23.55 has been cancelled. suggest anyone booked on that ferry make alternative arrangements quickly as other ferries are already quite full.

They offered me either earlier ferry, means leaving before the end of the race or 10.00 monday morning. Not good customer service.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 06:02:54 pm »

Not good customer service.

On the other hand they have given you 3 weeks notice and offered alternatives - so it could be worse!

F
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 06:08:20 pm »

Just over two weeks notice and crap alternatives, should have known better, don't pick the fastest service in future, it usually turns out to be the slowest. 
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 06:12:04 pm »

I've used Speedferries many times (not only for Le Mans) and have found them very punctual, helpful and good value for my money.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 06:16:55 pm »

I've used Speedferries many times (not only for Le Mans) and have found them very punctual, helpful and good value for my money.

agreed. only had 1 problem with them in the past out of about 20 trips in total and they offered me money off a future booking when i wrote a letter of complaint!

they have given notice at least Smiley

gt6

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 08:31:52 pm »

Just heard that they have cancelled monday 16th evening ferry aswell
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 09:06:41 pm »

no just the last one same as sunday
SL
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 01:43:22 pm »

Anyone affected could try ldlines.co.uk from Newhaven - Le Harve,

A ferry out Wed back Mon and quoted £130 car & 2 people. Only snag is the late ferry on monday evening, gets into UK at 23:30.

SL

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
TigerSam

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 01:38:12 pm »

Hey, noticed this topic and another about the ferries to Le Mans. We always used to get the Portsmouth Le Harve / Caen Ferry but the last 3 years we have tried using Norfolk Line which sails regularly between Dover and Dunkerque. Maybe worth having a look for next year. We paid for 2 adults and a car which came to just over £30 return (it was about £50 in 2007). It one of the longest ways of travelling but nice and cheap

“Racing is life; anything that happens before or after is just waiting.”
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 01:45:29 pm »

Hey, noticed this topic and another about the ferries to Le Mans. We always used to get the Portsmouth Le Harve / Caen Ferry but the last 3 years we have tried using Norfolk Line which sails regularly between Dover and Dunkerque. Maybe worth having a look for next year. We paid for 2 adults and a car which came to just over £30 return (it was about £50 in 2007). It one of the longest ways of travelling but nice and cheap

I used Norfolk Lines for the first time to go to Spa and paid £28, for 2 plus car,  service was good too.  Only problem for me is that the extra distance from Dunkerque is fairly costly in fuel at 13mpg, so there isn't much cost saving (if any) for going to LM.  I'm on P&O this year, £68 for Car + 2 wasn't too bad.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: