Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 07:24:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Excited???  (Read 10909 times)
Croft Original

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 02:29:11 pm »

Thanks mate.

Cheers,
Goon
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 06:15:15 pm »

It's the only time of the year that I wish my life away so it arrives sooner.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Croft Original

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 06:35:17 pm »

I know what you mean my friend.  This years posse are starting all the usual pre-event banter e-mails and busying themselves with check sheets to make sure that everything is in place.
Bring it on.

Cheers,
Goon
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 07:00:20 pm »

Really excited now  Grin

Just the same as the rest of the guys,i cant wait to put faces to names and this year i have the little brother to show the ropes  Grin

Mike

They have lumps of what round the back???
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 07:08:28 pm »

its gonna be strange this year,missing my first race since 1991.I will be at the practice weekend though,so plenty of campsite photo opportunities to show you guys whats happening there

PM
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 09:26:42 pm »

Well I was until yesterday when engine in my Audi A4 expired in a BIG WAY and its my only vehicle I own and hence my Le Mans transport.

Anyone know a good trustworth source in the North West where i can get a complete replacement 1997 Audi A4 19.TDi 110 HP quattro engine as mine has basically melted down.  Cry
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 09:35:45 pm »

Oh dear Chris...My car is just out of the repairers having had a power steering pump replacement - £871. I'm just about to go legal with Vauxhall. The pump was only 17 months & about 23k miles old (replaced after the deer incident). They've offered 20% of parts cost (which admittedly is the bulk of it - £550), I was expecting more like 50%. 1982 Sale of Goods blah blah...

Anyway, back on topic - my trouser front might have moved a bit when I got home last night and found my tickets on the mat.  Evil
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 09:38:45 pm »

my trouser front might have moved a bit when I got home last night and found my tickets on the mat

Perhaps that was just the action of bending over to pick them up off the mat?!!  Roll Eyes

F
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 09:48:12 pm »

Well I was until yesterday when engine in my Audi A4 expired in a BIG WAY and its my only vehicle I own and hence my Le Mans transport.

Anyone know a good trustworth source in the North West where i can get a complete replacement 1997 Audi A4 19.TDi 110 HP quattro engine as mine has basically melted down.  Cry

When was it last serviced Chris, My A4's rear cam chain let go at 94k although 3 weeks after a cam belt change and service, Audi paid for the lot, new head fitting, recovery, hire car the lot, they had missed a recall, worth while the extra dosh of a dealer service.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 10:08:07 pm »

I know what you mean my friend.  This years posse are starting all the usual pre-event banter e-mails and busying themselves with check sheets to make sure that everything is in place.
Bring it on.

Yep, I got a list.  Can't find it!! It's the same every year so everything is last minute.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 10:18:26 pm »

hey your more than welcome to get a lift to Lemans with me mate if it helps!

nickliv
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2008, 10:31:47 pm »

That's why he's offering. Chris will be doing the driving.

Chris, try the 'bay, it might also be cheaper to buy a complete replacement car as a donor, swap the motors, and strip / flog on the donor when all's said and done

Might be worth a look at these

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=audi+A4+110
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2008, 10:35:11 pm »

Thanks Kev, much appreciated.

However I have found two people that are going with me and they are looking forward to it, so if the car isn't sorted by then, I will bite the bullet and hire a car for the trip to Le Mans.

Engine basically lost all the water and didn't tell me on the dash or warning system. The engine got super hot and melted pretty much every plastic part touching the block and thats when the oil blew out through the melted breather and gave me the oil warning lamp,the only sign i had that anything was wrong. Even the glow plugs have melted ! But it never seized. Huh
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2008, 11:25:25 pm »

Chris
there used to be a good place at Tattenhall in Cheshire, that did write off's, can't remember the name but it will come to me and I'll let you know.

Mike.

P.S untill then try Mcfalls at Newton Le Willow if they are still going.

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2008, 11:55:00 pm »

Is anyone else getting excited?Huh  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Just a little... The Nissan needs an MOT and shakedown testing, apart from that its all systems go with Pig Pen Racing and The Brethren Grin Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: