Club Arnage
October 02, 2024, 04:33:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wi fi hotspots or freeview TV at Le Mans?  (Read 6896 times)
ineedcoffee1

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2008, 06:14:51 pm »

I know, it's almost a sin to go to Le Mans and then keep an eye on the rest of the world!

But there are a few important sporting (rugby etc) events on during the weekend that I wanted to watch out of the corner of my eye.  The way I see it is I have 2 choices:
1. Find a Wifi hotspot - log into the internet and, using a Slingbox, watch the sport channel being broadcast from the UK
2. Bring my Freeview card, plug it into the laptop and hope it picks up a channel over there that shows sport.

Does anyone know if there are any wifi hotspots around that I could use?
Or is there a really good French freeview sports channel that shows international rugby matches?

Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 06:25:22 pm »

does this help at all -

http://www.trustive.com/hotspots/France/Le_Mans/

Smiley

ineedcoffee1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 06:48:12 pm »

Thanks, it looks like there isnt anything near the circuit itself.  I'd imagine that, if there are hotspots, they are set up temporarily by some of the exhibitors or entrepeneurs...
nickliv
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 08:26:28 pm »

Don't macdonalds have wi fi access?

Add a mc surf to the mcshit.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 09:17:05 pm »

Many take a sat dish and reciever, however this year we have a little problem, we have a the hardware but the card (its an old one that has been up graded) will not be matched to the box. We are told that we should still be able to get the basic channles which includes Eurosport - can anybody confirm this.
Persoanaly i need chanel 4 for Rory The Racing Car, not sure how I going to manage without it Cry
Truck
CA Veteran

Are you HGV positive?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 01:07:59 am »

I hear that Freeview should work, and although there is only pay tv sport, it might be on the main channels.  I'm hoping that LM will be, and possibly on the regional TV Sarthe.  With the 7 day EPG at least you can find out.

Details of French Freeview (le TNT) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C3%A9l%C3%A9vision_Num%C3%A9rique_Terrestre

Help, get me out of here.  Its Lorry

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 01:11:04 pm »

Many take a sat dish and reciever, however this year we have a little problem, we have a the hardware but the card (its an old one that has been up graded) will not be matched to the box. We are told that we should still be able to get the basic channles which includes Eurosport - can anybody confirm this.
Persoanaly i need chanel 4 for Rory The Racing Car, not sure how I going to manage without it Cry
I have just checked and no, Eurosport is not available on the Freesat.  But Channel 4, E4 More4 etc all are.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 09:28:34 pm »

Found this on Multimaps.

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?hloc=FR|le%20mans

and if you use the more info button then it shows hotspots for WiFi.

Does not tell you if its free or charged - but worth a look I would hav thought!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 09:30:15 pm by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 09:34:41 pm »

I have just checked and no, Eurosport is not available on the Freesat.  But Channel 4, E4 More4 etc all are.

Are any of the local channels likely to be showing the race?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 12:02:05 pm »

I doubt it, but I'll keep checking as it gets closer.  Usually it's Eurosport (well, Motors in the past couple of years) or nowt.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: