Club Arnage
August 07, 2024, 01:25:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back in the old routine?  (Read 7974 times)
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2008, 03:51:04 am »

I had a pretty significant wallet-lightening exercise this morning. I booked my flight for this years race, after an absence of three years at Le Mans, brought about by a combination of issues relating to visas and work commitments. Now some of you may know that I 'aint no stranger to this event - but a lot has changed since 2004. That year, I must confess, I hardly strayed from our campsite on Houx, preferring to hang around with my buddies and drink/shoot the sh*t, rather than peer through the gaps in the concrete slabs placed so thoughtfully by the ACO between the race and the people who pay to come and catch a glimpse of it. We did, of course, wander down to the old Champagne Bar and caught-up with a few CA sparring partners (Zarse, Skinner and Canada Phil - who, incidentally seems to appear at EVERY single race I attend, anywhere).
So - like I said earlier, there's been a few changes. What's going to catch me out? What's going to delight me? Why has Aston Martin Racing painted their cars in an even more flaming-faggot colour scheme than previous gay renditions?   
Can I return favours owed to so many of you who've bolstered my tea-caddy on your way through O'Town to Sebring or whilst on family vaykay?
As I'm now a bit of an old fart, I'm done with all this camping bullshit. Dave H and I have rented a motorhome and will be arriving at the track on Thursday afternoon (far too early in proceedings for my liking, but I guess I'll cope).
I'm very much looking forward to catching-up with some of my friends on this forum at the place where it all started (rather than at Rolex 24/Sebring/Indy/Daytona/Road Atlanta). With that in mind, I'll have my people call your people and see if we can put a date in the diary. See ya'll in June.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 06:26:37 am »

Hi Matt,
          Thanks for the honourable mention. I am on HA this year camping with Smokie. Many more of the CA 's are on HA this year as we were evicted from MB. Thursday is a good time to arrive in time for night practice ofcourse you will miss the Moose Gathering at the Stella Bar on Wednesday night. But in plenty of time for the DFH party on Friday.
AreDave & Fax coming too?
Phil
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 10:08:10 pm »

Good news Matt, Brad and I will be on HA with the reminants of the SPS team, look forward to sharing a beer in your ponsy motorhome, can we drop by for a dump when needed?
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 11:49:02 pm »

Count me out - Le-Mans isn't le-mans without having to aim a dump down a long drop loo..... Lips Sealed Shocked

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 02:09:10 am »

Count me out - Le-Mans isn't le-mans without having to aim a dump down a long drop loo..... Lips Sealed Shocked

Bushes sufice at Blue and BSJ.  Now thats is an experience! And it's been known to happen in the cattle sheds at Expo. Not by us 'sheep shaggers' though.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 02:11:21 am by Leftie » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 12:49:49 pm »

Hmmm, I'm not sure what to make of this. Whilst on one hand it will be a pleasure to see you Matt, your reluctance to leave the confines of your 'Bago means I can't help thinking you'd probably be better off staying in Orlando and watching it on cable. No matter. I for one welcome you with open arms. Don't listen to what all the others say about you; take no notice of them, sticks and stones etc.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 05:29:31 am »

Hmmm, I'm not sure what to make of this. Whilst on one hand it will be a pleasure to see you Matt, your reluctance to leave the confines of your 'Bago means I can't help thinking you'd probably be better off staying in Orlando and watching it on cable. No matter. I for one welcome you with open arms. Don't listen to what all the others say about you; take no notice of them, sticks and stones etc.

Maybe I over-egged it regarding my reluctance to leave the confines of Houx in 2004. Truth be told, I did perambulate a little - and even dragged the cooler when it was my turn. I am looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and sharing a beer and a laugh. It transpires that our historic placement on Houx will be upgraded (by way of multiple orders by various members of our party) to Bleu Nord. Indeed, we have eight consecutive pitches, which it sounds like we might take. Does this mean we could be amongst some of you guys? That would be funny.
Andy, thank-you for the welcome.
Phil, Dave is nailed-on. Not sure about Fax. I'll find out.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 11:57:54 pm »

Matt,

Although one year seems to merge with another these days (too many recent consective Audi wins) there have been plenty of changes to the Village in the interests of modernisation and corporate hospitality (the verdict on which is mixed) but if you're not straying too far from HA, the inside of the track from the Esses to Tetre Rouge has been extensively re-modelled with new spectator banking, such that you can now see the cars all the way down from the Dunlop Bridge to Tetre Rouge itself, with no concrete impeding the view.  The pathway on the inside of the track on the approach to the chicane before the Dunlop bridge is pretty good too now.  Otherwise, probably much the same as you remember it! 

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 02:14:24 pm »

Psst Mark - Matt'll be on Houx itself, not the Annex. Grin
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 02:54:00 pm »

Oops, sorry, I didn't realise he wasn't slumming it with the hoi poloi  Wink

MG MArk

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 03:12:37 pm »

Psst Smokie, two posts above your Matt says he's actually on Bleu Nord!  Wink Grin
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 03:15:05 pm »

Matt, I believe the Liverpool Boys are on Bleu Nord with their normal extended group (including Stu, RS2 Babe etc).

And it's not too far for you to stroll to the DfH party and Charity Auction on Friday night.

As for taking your turn to pull the cooler, are you bringing your man servant to do that for you?  Grin
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 04:35:53 pm »

As for taking your turn to pull the cooler, are you bringing your man servant to do that for you?  Grin

I know its a tough,degrading,non-rewarding job,but I will volunteer.

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 09:34:06 pm »

Matt, I believe the Liverpool Boys are on Bleu Nord with their normal extended group (including Stu, RS2 Babe etc).

Indeed we are so your welcome for a beer. Just won't be the same this year me thinks.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 04:40:06 am »

Oops, sorry, I didn't realise he wasn't slumming it with the hoi poloi  Wink

MG MArk
Hi Mark,
           This member of the hoi poloi will be camped with Smokie on HA and you are more than welcome to drop in for a warm beer.
Canada Phil
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: