Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 08:17:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Luck LPP  (Read 38917 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 01:01:02 pm »

The Visa application has gone off in the post toay with Guaranteed delivery by 1pm tomorrow. Its got my Passport in it (Gulp), hopefully the 2 letters asking for its return and the copy of my ferry booking will see it back in time as I need it for the 8th of next month.
Does anyone have any experience of this?

Shocked

Good luck but to be practical for a moment, I think I better get the nuclear powered piss-boiler warmed up and ready again...

* reactor3copy.jpg (123.36 KB, 800x419 - viewed 308 times.)

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 02:19:48 pm »

Just realised that I am on the ferry in 19 days.... and my passport is in the hands of the post office and then the home office Angry
Crank that piss boiler up Zarse......

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2008, 02:51:20 pm »

Just realised that I am on the ferry in 19 days.... and my passport is in the hands of the post office and then the home office Angry

I've known you to be foolish in the past but this positively borders on retardation.

Another Aussie bird you can find (can't swing a dead cat around London without hitting an antipodean barmaid) a replacement passport you cannot. I would offer to hide you in the van but I'm going until Wednesday night.

I predict lots of sweaty arse moments near 8th June  Shocked

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Ferrari Spider

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 02:57:19 pm »

could be a swift visit to London on 6th June, D Day anniversary too Sad
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 03:31:07 pm »

Get a european ID card, if you can get one! I have a passport and an ID card, so if I loose one, at least I can still travel.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2008, 03:40:54 pm »

Because the UK isn't part of the Schengen agreement, I'm not sure that this works in Britain, Knetter. 
http://europa.eu/abc/travel/doc/index_en.htm

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2008, 04:34:43 pm »

Get a european ID card, if you can get one! I have a passport and an ID card, so if I loose one, at least I can still travel.

... or a second (foreign in my case) passport. 

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2008, 04:40:17 pm »

I've known you to be foolish in the past but this positively borders on retardation.

Another Aussie bird you can find (can't swing a dead cat around London without hitting an antipodean barmaid) a replacement passport you cannot. I would offer to hide you in the van but I'm going until Wednesday night.

I predict lots of sweaty arse moments near 8th June  Shocked
They have started already!!

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008, 12:42:28 pm »

Blimey PP - what a mess! Just caught up on this thread.

Fingers crossed for the prompt return of travelling docs (hopefully with LPP's all visa'd up as well) ...
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2008, 01:37:04 pm »

Good luck.  No wonder Fayed can't get a passport.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2008, 03:25:37 pm »

Good luck too, LLP!!

LP, One of our group had lost his passport for last years LM so he took his dad's instead!
No checks on the way out. On the way back, we had a serious jobsworth at the tunnel who made us remove hats & sunglasses. He read out my mates dad's name and he did the whole "oh no I must have picked it up by mistake" routine. All the guy wanted was some ID, credit card, in this case. He entered his name into his computer and as he wasn't wanted for anything (other than the fashion police!) he let him go!

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2008, 07:51:55 pm »

Well, in theory you only need an identity card - and nothing says who should issue it.  So a valid driving license with an up to date pic' should do. But of course, with LM hanging in the balance, I for one would be sh*tting myself in LPP's situation.  Good luck!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
nickliv
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2008, 07:55:58 pm »

Fingers crossed up here for you LPP.

Best not smuggle her to LM if the passports don't come back, she may get stuck in Sangatte.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2008, 10:38:12 pm »

Good luck too, LLP!!

LP, One of our group had lost his passport for last years LM so he took his dad's instead!
No checks on the way out. On the way back, we had a serious jobsworth at the tunnel who made us remove hats & sunglasses. He read out my mates dad's name and he did the whole "oh no I must have picked it up by mistake" routine. All the guy wanted was some ID, credit card, in this case. He entered his name into his computer and as he wasn't wanted for anything (other than the fashion police!) he let him go!

I am gonna check with LD Lines tomorrow on what proof of ID they need.... Have plenty of other docs. Will keep you all updated.

PP

nickliv
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2008, 10:41:23 pm »

Do not use your real name, in case they flag you up. Borrow a mates booking number.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: