Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 12:04:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nissan Returns To Le Mans  (Read 8460 times)
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2008, 07:30:56 pm »

Ha. That got your attention Grin

After a 3 year slumber in the nettles and brambles she was rudely awoken by an unusually un hungover surge of Sunday morning enthusiam. No Peter.... the car not Claire Wink

Bought a new battery... yes new! and a can of fuel, refitted all the ignition bits I had carried as spares on LM missions in her sister estates and after a five second spin with the HT lead off to get everything moving... lead back on and.... instant fire up Grin Wahey.
No smoke, noises and a perfect silent idle.

Pumped up the Tyres and drove her to my mates unit (on private roads Wink) and jetwashed all the algae, leaves and filth off.
Brakes are fine, a little dead at first, power steering all ok, all the electric toys work including the headlamp washwipers!
Some of the scabs around the netrher regions have come back but electric wire brush, rust cure stuff and silver smoothrite will have her looking dandy again.
Rear bumper is shot but solid, will just have to put up with that. All second hand ones are the same and Nissan wanted nearly a grand for a new one before they withdrew all 300c spares.
4 new tyres and in for the dreaded MOT next week.

From algae covered heap to this in  about 4 hours. Chuffed.

* Nis1.jpg (305.06 KB, 640x480 - viewed 470 times.)

* Nis2.jpg (198.41 KB, 640x480 - viewed 472 times.)

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 09:04:11 pm »

Well done Rex, you know it makes (no) sense!

Incidentally, i fancy getting one of these for 2009, you can sleep in them you know;

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 09:41:20 pm »

I like your style Mr Zarse Grin
A Princess has more grace and elegance, especially in the Wolsley version but the Maxi would be just as cool.
Loads of leg room in the back for the Gimp to stretch out and let the air get to his posing pouch, which would undoubtably would be in need of ventilation after sitting on classy BL vinyl for several hours Shocked

I know a lady who has a bright orange Maxi on a W plate.. its getting a bit crusty (the Maxi) but is still on the road. Not sure if Orange is your colour though Wink

I just popped outside to use the country facilities (saves water you know!) and the Nissan was sleeping with a contented look on her big plastic fake chrome face. I think she secretly liked the attention today.

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 10:12:28 pm »

I know a lady who has a bright orange Maxi on a W plate.. its getting a bit crusty (the Maxi) but is still on the road. Not sure if Orange is your colour though Wink

Orange? Are you kidding? It's a must! Hopefully it's the last of the Maxi2, I like the black bumpers and velour flocked seats, so no nasty vinyl to chafe on Gimpy's ringpiece.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 10:29:56 pm »

Orange? Are you kidding? It's a must! Hopefully it's the last of the Maxi2, I like the black bumpers and velour flocked seats, so no nasty vinyl to chafe on Gimpy's ringpiece.
Next time I see her I will mention your enthusiasm for the older model, then mention the Maxi and see what she says Grin
Wish I could find the pics of the Commer with Luton body and roller rear door we had in a field for years. It was to be used as a chicken house but that never happened and it was finally pushed into a huge scrap skip with a JCB and squashed flat. It was sign written too... ST JOHNS ROAD NURSERIES... suppliers of bedding plants....
Green in Colour and totally rotted out.
The only bit I saved were the COMMER letters from the front... cut them out with a disk cutter and still have em somewhere should you need em.

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 05:19:32 pm »

So the Chav's been demoted to second place now!  Good news with superior Japanese electrics.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 02:21:23 pm »

So the Chav's been demoted to second place now!  Good news with superior Japanese electrics.

Chavvy has been demoted but not forgotten... The silver brick still has to be MOT'd!

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 10:47:18 pm »

Been doing some pre belt change lube up and made an interesting discovery in the airfilter housing.... perhaps i should have checked before starting her back along! Shocked

Surprised she ran so well!!

The air flow meter also appeared to have been doused in mouse wee but 10 mins with a pipecleaner and long needle got that sorted. All running fine again Grin

* Mouse filter.jpg (192.52 KB, 480x640 - viewed 374 times.)

Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 11:28:45 pm »

jesus - no i know why i bin some filters!

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 11:48:34 pm »

I've had some manky filters off old heaps in the past but this is the best.... and it was running fine too!
Testament to Jap engineering!
Home Cam belt service on Sunday... who knows what delights will be hiding in those casings!

I will be really boring and post pics Grin

Why do I bother.... because its cool as f**k Grin

Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 11:54:41 pm »

I've had some manky filters off old heaps in the past but this is the best.... and it was running fine too!
Testament to Jap engineering!
Home Cam belt service on Sunday... who knows what delights will be hiding in those casings!

I will be really boring and post pics Grin

Why do I bother.... because its cool as f**k Grin
and different Wink

Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 11:56:58 pm »

Can't see anything wrong with that filter Mr P. Saves getting it stuffed with French peasants, they take a lot more effort to clear out and they smell more too.

Rusty

The Brethren Rock
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 12:03:29 am »

Can't see anything wrong with that filter Mr P. Saves getting it stuffed with French peasants, they take a lot more effort to clear out and they smell more too.

Rusty
Should the drive down be successful, hopefully the Nissan will have "Cheese Munching Surrender Monkey" induction.
Sure that fetid garlic breath and BO will act like Nitrous... Grin May have to remove the aircon pump to fit more in!

Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 12:42:01 am »

Rusty

As long as they are slow cooked, they should be fine. Ruth hates Phesants, I love 'em when hung for 14 days or slow cooked under bonnet.

[edit] just realised it was peasants[/edit]. The femails are better when properly plucked!!!!!

Jerry
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 12:43:49 am by Leftie » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 12:51:14 am »

No comment about my nuts... safely stored and not for 3 years outdoors!

How did you end up with cat pee in the Fezza... or is that a story to be saved for LM Wink

Found a local trimmer who will do your car interior wants.

Highly reccomended and is doing the headlining on this soon... the car I drove to my wedding in years ago!
Just appeared ay my mates workshop for a rebuild.

* alpine.jpg (253.32 KB, 640x480 - viewed 323 times.)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: