Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 01:52:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Are you an ACO member, and did you get what you wanted
I'm an ACO member, and I got my first choice
I'm an ACO member and I got my second choice
I'm an ACO member and I got my third choice
I'm an ACO member and I didn't get any of my choices
I'm not an ACO member and I got my first choice
I'm not an ACO member and I got my second choice
I'm not an ACO member and I got my third choice
I'm not an ACO member and I didn't get any of my choices

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tickets. Are you an ACO member, and did you get what you wanted  (Read 3222 times)
nickliv
« on: April 14, 2008, 07:36:52 pm »

Just what it says on the tin. Trying to guage the worthiness of being a member (Apart from the cheaper prices, obviously)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 07:39:39 pm »

Being a member does not, and never has, entitle you to priority bookings.  So the answers will only reflect when the person booked, really (and whether they were mad enough to get involved in last year's bulk effort! Roll Eyes)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
nickliv
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 07:42:37 pm »

That's plain daft, you'd have thought that the club might at least offer an olive branch to its' members. I may have to change the poll  Undecided
nickliv
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 07:43:56 pm »

Being a member does not, and never has, entitle you to priority bookings.  So the answers will only reflect when the person booked, really (and whether they were mad enough to get involved in last year's bulk effort! Roll Eyes)

I can only thank you for your efforts just over a year ago. It was worth a punt.
helmetpurple
CA Veteran

old timer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 08:49:17 pm »

Only one year did I not get the camping allocation asked for.  Generally I get what I request but the order does go in at the end of June following the race.

Being a member does get seats in the ACO stand with a bar, alcahol and food, at lower than genearl outside prices, 24 hour circuit tv and live lap times as well as good toilet facilities when the outside loos were a disgrace. .

It pays for it self on wet weekends

So I consider it is worth while

Le Mans  ~ The meaning of life
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 01:57:49 pm »

We don't camp, but I'm an ACO member and we did get ACO Grandstand and Parking Blanc as requested.

Yes, I agree the membership is worth the fee,  we go to the Classic as well so adding up the ticket discounts, free goodies and cheaper food & drink we will have saved more than the cost of the membership this year.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 02:12:31 pm »

It was app. 1996 that I started booking in advance with the ACO, until then I bought at the gate. So about 12 bookings with the ACO by now and just twice I did NOT get what I ordered, so overall not so bad. I'm not an ACO member.

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: