Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 01:00:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone fancy a beer in Wokingham tomorrow night??  (Read 8127 times)
nickliv
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 01:48:27 pm »

The problem is Tom, that SVFR tends to bite me on the arse. Surely Booker and a taxi would be better. Don't forget that you can get a radar service from Farnborough LARS now;)
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 02:21:14 pm »

The problem is Tom, that SVFR tends to bite me on the arse. Surely Booker and a taxi would be better. Don't forget that you can get a radar service from Farnborough LARS now;)

Personally I prefer to stay clear of fall that SVFR and LARS stuff.  I like looking out the window to make sure I don't bang in to something going the other way.

I know one guy who would take great delight in calling for a MATZ clearance.  If they refused He would just reply "Rodger.  Climbing to 3,100ft to remain clear of your zone.  Changing Frequency to London Information on NNN.nnn. Good day Sir!".  Quite often London would ask him to transfer back to the MATZ  for a clearance which he would get.  The last thing they want is some little maggot with no Squark or no Mode Charlie crawling over their patch.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 02:24:45 pm »

I would just love to have a few beers in Workingham. Grin
What time you getting in to LHR?   
If its just for a beer it might be easier to fly direct into White Waltham, the security and passport control will be a bit more relaxed there as you are only in the country for a few hours.
Brilliant idea Dave.  In fact why don't we all go down there.  We could pass the beers of the fence so A1 doesn't need to clear customs & Imigration and then he can hop back on for the return trip.   
(Please note:-  I have no intention of mowing any grass a White Waltham.  There is just too much).

There is a bar in the clubhouse, would security need clearing to get in there?
As for the grass, i thought the challenge of mowing all that in between planes taking off and landing would be a challenge to excite you, I'll bring my camcorder and i think we could sell the results to Channel 5 to use on big bigger biggest............
Well there are two ways in to the Club House One is via the Garden and one though operations which is where you go to booki n.
I guess Amazing could by pass Operations and go in via the garden.  But I'm not sure how the authorities would take that.  I mean the last thing we want is for him to be carted of to Harmondsworth or Campsfield before he has had chance to buy  us Beer.

regardinght emowing, You're right Dave.  However, I only have a PPL and that doesn't permit me to mow Runways.   I'll contact the CAA and find out what is required to gain the appropriate Licence for Mowing Airside.  I'll also need to get exemption from Landing fees.  If I get up some speed I could well take of on one of the bumps and I really don't want to get stung for a landing Fee.

t.
Hey Tom if you make it airside, get A1 to follow you and head due south and drop in to Hurn, not too much grass on the runway but the Woolpac just north serves very good Food and the lovely Ringwood 49ner, the first round is on me.
Did serve good food and beer but I heard there was a bad fire there last week or so and it was badly damaged...

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 02:28:48 pm »

Was good to meet up with Tom last night... will be in town again next week for a couple of nights so if anyone is free for a couple of pints, let me know.
Very nice Indian from Baranda rounded the night off well. Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 02:38:14 pm »

What was her name?   Wink

Del

Team Delboy Racing
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2008, 04:00:36 pm »

What was her name?   Wink

Del

Susan, she is very well known in Wokingham.

Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2008, 04:38:41 pm »

Was good to meet up with Tom last night... will be in town again next week for a couple of nights so if anyone is free for a couple of pints, let me know.

What nights will you be in The 'Ham next week LPP?  If it fits with my schedule I may be able to meet you for a beverage or two.

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Steve TTTD
CA Veteran

No they didn't build 'em like that.....

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2008, 04:42:47 pm »

I'm in Dubai for a week from this Saturday if anyone want's a beer Grin Grin Grin

TeamTickleTheDragon
You Buy It, We'll Race It
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2008, 07:49:17 pm »

I'm in Dubai for a week from this Saturday if anyone want's a beer Grin Grin Grin

I'd love to join you Steve but I reckon I still be mowing at White Waltham.   Smiley Smiley

t.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 09:07:55 am by Lawnmower Man » Logged

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2008, 11:50:06 pm »

What nights will you be in The 'Ham next week LPP?  If it fits with my schedule I may be able to meet you for a beverage or two.

Dx
Wednesday and Thursday nite... from 5 ish onwards... Grin

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: