Club Arnage
July 02, 2024, 07:50:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camping Expo  (Read 3087 times)
Gijsl79

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2008, 12:36:18 pm »

Question from some dutch le mans freaks.

This year we will be camping at camping Expo. Is there anyone who can tell me how it's like over there? How are the facilities? Lot's of Danish, germans, english or Dutch?

Last year we had a great time at tetre rouge by the way. Good facilities and the people were great too.

Greets from Holland, looking forward to my 9th Le mans.

Can't it be Le Mans every day?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 03:11:16 pm »

You could do worse than to look at Werner's CA difinitive guide!

http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide/caguide2008/c15e-campsite-expo.pdf

Greetings, btw.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Rolls

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 05:43:47 pm »

I've been expo twice now -  enjopyed it both times -  its not too noisey, so you can get some sleep if you want to, and is pretty ideal for the supermarket etc...
The sweedes (i think) normally have a huge marquee that serves food / cold beer to! -  can't go wrong IMO Cheesy
htbast
CA Veteran

Well done 'Shorty'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 06:00:18 pm »

Expo has been my camp site of choice for the last few years. But sadly not going this year. There are a number of cow sheds of the site. Don't worry, they are all cleaned before the field becomes a camp site each year. If you arrive in time, it can be handy to pitch your tent under one of the sheds. Last year this gave us good protection from the rain. On the years when the sun has been out, they have also provided some much needed shade.

Water is also available at the end of most of the sheds. Toilets on the site are up the top of the field. A little difficult to find if you have never been before, but just ask. They are about the regular Le Mans standard, and tend to get busy between 8a.m & 10am each morning. Outside of that time, no queues.

Its only a 5 minute walk from the Dunlop curves to the site, but far enough away to get a good nights sleep.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: