Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 12:25:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T shirts '08 - comments  (Read 14885 times)
rcutler
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 08:17:28 pm »

Del,

I am afraid that the shirts I think are not suitable for use. Web addresses that are not used are regularely checked for activity. A website that is not registered that gets lots of hits could be registered for uses that CA does not want to be related to.

I think the only option "being that you have done no wrong" is to speak with the printer and say that the shirts are not suitable and that new ones need to be printed.

If mine have the wrong address on then I will not be taking them to Sebring anyway.

It is a shame that correct ones will not be ready for Sebring though.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 09:37:50 pm »

I am afraid that the shirts I think are not suitable for use.

Why does that come as no surprise to me!!

I have already parcelled up and sent your shirts in the mail - and Yes, they have the incorrect URL on the back.

When you receive it, please return it, unopened, to me, and when you send me a cheque for the residue of Kiwipug's money, please deduct the postage from the amount.  As you havn't yet paid for these shirts, I have no need to send you any refund.

Anyone else??

The shirts with the wrong URL have also been sent out to the following:

Bob U (2)              Canada Phil                Doris
GAB (2)                 Martini (2)                   Nopanic-neil (2)
DfH (12)                Smokie

If any of these are deemed unsuitable because of the minor error in the URL, then please return them to me and I will send you a refund, and I will personally make up the cost of these to the Sever Fund.

The order book is now closed, and no more shirts will be printed other than to complete the original order for the non-Sebring people!

Del

Team Delboy Racing
rcutler
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 10:16:18 pm »

I work hard for a living and resent people that that think almost good is good enough. Del has done nothing wrong but does not seem to want to insist on re-printing the shirts. (I know that these can not be done in time for Sebring, but I am not willling to pay for shirts that are not what neither me nor Del ordered).

I am getting rather tired of merchanising on this site so think I am off for a while. May have changed my views after Sebring and the British GT's at Outlon Park. But for now I think I am off for a while.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 10:27:26 pm »

I am afraid that the shirts I think are not suitable for use.

Why does that come as no surprise to me!!

I have already parcelled up and sent your shirts in the mail - and Yes, they have the incorrect URL on the back.

When you receive it, please return it, unopened, to me, and when you send me a cheque for the residue of Kiwipug's money, please deduct the postage from the amount.  As you havn't yet paid for these shirts, I have no need to send you any refund.

Anyone else??

The shirts with the wrong URL have also been sent out to the following:

Bob U (2)              Canada Phil                Doris
GAB (2)                 Martini (2)                   Nopanic-neil (2)
DfH (12)                Smokie

If any of these are deemed unsuitable because of the minor error in the URL, then please return them to me and I will send you a refund, and I will personally make up the cost of these to the Sever Fund.

The order book is now closed, and no more shirts will be printed other than to complete the original order for the non-Sebring people!

Del

I'm sorry that you feel this way Del.

No-one is questioning your dedication or efforts to organise this. It is the printer that is in the wrong. He has not delivered what was ordered, and therefore the goods are not of merchantable quality and as a consumer you have the right to a replacement or refund.

You should certainly not be out of pocket through this exercise!! What happens if all 34 people cancel them? It would be ludicrous for you to have to pay out over £350 because of the printer's mistake.

The way I see it, the printer has the choice of:

1. Cancel/Do Not Charge/Refund any shirts that were printed wrongly and have them back if the buyer does not want a replacement (i.e. due to time constraints as with the ones with the US flag I originally ordered to take to the guys in Sebring)
2. Replace the shirts as ordered at no extra cost.
3. A combination of No.2 but also to let the people who have them printed wrongly keep the bad ones to use at Sebring until their reprinted ones are ready.
4. A discount os offered on the incorrect shirts that the buyer can then decide if they want to wear it that way or try to get something else printed over the top of the mistake to correct it.
5. Replace the t-shirts with a nominal cost to cover the now scrap item incorrectly supplied.

No. 3 would certainly be my preferred route but I would be willing to consider Nos. 4 and 5 as well if he is sensible. Let's not forget that the cost to the printer apart from his labour costs is probably less that £2.00 per shirt including the t-shirt itself and the ink.

And most importantly, this is the Printer's error and it is upmto him to put it right or cover any costs incurred!
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 10:47:14 pm »

I have to agree with JP there.

Del,you definately should'nt leave yourself out of pocket.

The mistake was the printers and its up to him to sort.

They have lumps of what round the back???
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 10:48:44 pm »

I will have 2 of them in Large if they are returned... and pay full price.
Makes them somewhat unique I feel.
Dont care about names or flags etc... they can go into the pig Pen Archives.

Is it still too late for me to order the ones for me and Claire for LM??

Rex

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008, 10:49:03 pm »

See ya Rick !
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2008, 11:21:14 pm »

Hi Del
I am not going to Sebring, so if you have not posted them yet, don't break your balls rushing.

I will, however, be happy to accept the shirts.

In the world of advertising you only have a few seconds to grab someones attention, and I do not think that anyone who is interested in motorsport is going to stare at my butt and check the spelling.

Yes there is a cock up but most of the guys will have correct shirts, I think.

Just look at it this way, one years spelling mistake, next years duster.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2008, 11:22:35 pm »

See ya Rick !

Succinct and to the point Chris.

Congrats on breaking the 1000 by the way.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2008, 11:26:58 pm »

Never even noticed that I had gone over 1000 posts ! Thats for letting me know Martin .
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2008, 11:30:36 pm »

I have PMed Delboy but will put a post on here too. Please don't shut up the order book just yet as some of us slow ones (Me , who tries to keep up with about 8 different web forums) has only just seen the final design as i missed it the other week as it was posted on a different thread than the original sketch.

I only started taking orders for them from my group yesterday and today, so please don't close the order book just yet.

Personally, if it was me , i would live with the spelling mistake and had to look three times to actually spot it.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2008, 11:31:53 pm »

SORTED

Del - I have (well Sam did the art work) worked how to sort out the T shirts.

Mark them as limited edition as well, and print this over the t-shirt.

I have an Iron and T-shirt labels - so I'm sorted

* TBackNEW_copy.jpg (349.53 KB, 800x788 - viewed 299 times.)

If you're going through hell, keep going.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2008, 11:42:47 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Neil - how did you get your shirts so quickly - I only posted them this afternoon!

And you have got exactly the same duvet cover on the bed as well.  What a coincidence.

Seriously, thanks for all the support, guys - and I think Martin's comments really hit the nail on the head.

Del

Edit:  And I apologise to the Mods - the 'For Sale' post should have been on the 'Sale or Swap' board.  Thanks to Neil for pointing that out Grin Grin
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 11:45:57 pm by DelBoy » Logged

Team Delboy Racing
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2008, 11:46:31 pm »

Del

f**k!! I too work hard & was waiting to make sure I had enough funds in my bank before I sent my order & cheque, but it looks like I'm too late. Please don't shut the order book just yet 'cause if you do I'll have to go to BM, they have a lot more "merchanising" than here any way Wink
Ade

And green is not my colour
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 11:49:29 pm by ajw » Logged

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2008, 11:47:14 pm »

i will accept the tshirt Smiley

I have an idea to incorporate my nickname in it after Sebring if Paddy is willing to help, no problem :up:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: