Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 08:29:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Room in the tunnel?  (Read 6430 times)
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2008, 11:08:56 am »

It looks like a Billy Nomates run for me this year, and for the first time for years I'm thinking of a Friday crossing. The easiest option would seem to be the tunnel, - is it possible to turn up on spec very early in the morning and get on, or am I going to have to book well in advance?
Best Friday crossing options anyone?
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 11:22:24 am »

It's possible but you pay a whacking great premium.  Best to book, imo.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 11:24:16 am »

Billy Nomates is welcome to join us if he wants, there is even a spare bed in the bus for him if he wants. I promise not to grab you in the dark and scare the sh-t out of you this year. Grin Try the tinter-net for the tunnel bookings.

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 11:35:34 am »

Hiya H,

How are those fantastic legs of yours?   Wink

I would book in advance.  Currently you're looking at £44 for travel before 6am on the Friday.  If you're returning on the Monday you're lookng at anything up to £64 depending on your time of travel. 

Last year I booked late and it ended up costing me a damned sight more than £100.  Book it now!!!   Grin

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 11:55:38 am »

Thanks all, sounds like I better get a-searching. Newhaven Dieppe might also be an option.
First Google results haven't been encouraging, and "Can I get early morning entry to the tunnel" returned a mixed bag of results, there's some strange people out there and no mistake...
Hi D, legs are doing ok thanks. Against all expectations I've kept my eye in, as it were, (for Gods sake, don't put "tunnel entry+eye in+whacking perinium" into Google, or the boys'll be round) and am planning (planning? PLANNING!! - cue maniacal laughter from the cellar) a round the clock Lands End to John-O-Groats sometime in May. I'm concerned it might finish me off though.
Mike, sounds good, I'll be in touch nearer the date mate.
Wahaay!
H

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 01:06:08 pm »

Alternatively H, I think two of our compadres are planning on a Newhaven/Dieppe crossing on either thursday or friday morning. You could do a covoy thing with them or there'd probably be room in The Stig's XJR too.

There's always a spare bed in the Commer too, I can soon have the Gimp make up the guest suete in the East Wing. (BTW did you see our three wing set up last year? Charles Rennie Mackintosh inspired, it was).

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 06:45:11 pm »

Or we have space in a car for a Wednesday evening crossing from Portsmouth - Le Havre and retruring Le Havre to Newhaven on Monday evening!
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 07:47:56 pm »

No Andy, I don't think I did see the 3-wing set up last year. But I can see it in my minds eye now: rusty manacles hanging from a cobwebbed granite wall, a monks tonsure just visible in the dusty gloom of one corner, briefly illuminated by a splutter of the flaming torch stuck in a wrought iron recess, a half open Iron Maiden with its dark secret, and the sticky trace of bodily fluids on the floor.
This sounds quite marvellous! Especially as I've also been offered a weekend somewhere with a spot of waterboarding thrown in, - I've never tried it before but I expect I'll get the hang of quickly. Already I'm looking forward to the summer.
Wednesday's too early for me JP, it's going to be a bit of a dash this year (hoping to get there in time to say 'Hi' to Paddy and the boys on Friday), thanks for the kind offer though mate.
H

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 03:35:06 pm »

No Andy, I don't think I did see the 3-wing set up last year. But I can see it in my minds eye now: rusty manacles hanging from a cobwebbed granite wall, a monks tonsure just visible in the dusty gloom of one corner, briefly illuminated by a splutter of the flaming torch stuck in a wrought iron recess, a half open Iron Maiden with its dark secret, and the sticky trace of bodily fluids on the floor.

That's it! So you did swing by!

Better the East Wing than the West Wing which is all too austere post-modern for my tastes, like a cross between Albert Speer and Fritz Lang's Metropolis. It creates a terrible futuristic urban dystopia, and it's not something I'm desperately keen on when I'm pissed blind at Le Mans. Bring a sleeping bag.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 05:05:42 pm »

That's it! So you did swing by!

Better the East Wing than the West Wing which is all too austere post-modern for my tastes, like a cross between Albert Speer and Fritz Lang's Metropolis. It creates a terrible futuristic urban dystopia, and it's not something I'm desperately keen on when I'm pissed blind at Le Mans. Bring a sleeping bag.

Funny Andy, but it just looked like Chris Z asleep on a camp bed to me.  Mind you I had been at the Dutch beer, the French Cidre Brut and a certain Mr J Daniels at the time so my perception may have been somewhat altered.   Wink

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Weena

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 09:38:32 pm »

Or we have space in a car for a Wednesday evening crossing from Portsmouth - Le Havre

oh no... does that mean we'll be on the same ferry?! carnage!!  Wink
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 12:04:29 am »

Or we have space in a car for a Wednesday evening crossing from Portsmouth - Le Havre

I'm on that ferry too. I wonder how long it will take before you start dancing to your mobile phone  Wink

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 01:38:38 am »

I'm on that ferry too. I wonder how long it will take before you start dancing to your mobile phone  Wink
Just like a Pompey Girl!
Pure Class.

* Pompey girl.jpg (3.45 KB, 130x97 - viewed 247 times.)

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 10:24:21 pm »

I probably shouldn't tell you this. 
But last year I booked for a late night/early morning tunnel. 
But arrived early evening and was offered an earlier crossing at no cost.

To get my business back Brittany Ferries are going to have to offer me a Night crossing with a cabin for less than £200 return. 

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 11:19:38 pm »

.....................To get my business back Brittany Ferries are going to have to offer me a Night crossing with a cabin for less than £200 return. 

t.
Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: