Club Arnage
September 10, 2024, 12:22:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring entry list with a Radical  (Read 4354 times)
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2008, 07:05:03 pm »

Checked out the entry list for Sebring today http://www.imsaracing.net/2008/events/sebring/2008%20ALMS%20Sebring%20Entries.pdf  and apart from many non-surprising entries I saw a Radical R10 in the P1 class?

It seems to be a bio-diesel too with Toivonen/Collins/Wright at the wheel.
Anybody more info on this car/project, does it have anything to do with this:

http://www.radicalsportscars.com/range/sr10/sr10_intent/index.php
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 07:14:35 pm »

The GT2s look yummy!  Far better than the European spread of marques.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 07:31:27 pm »

Indeed GT2 (and P2) is looking good, however only 33 cars in the race and P1 and certainly GT1 are not looking too good at all imo.
mhsfrance

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 11:31:34 pm »

Its a shame everyone over here is conned into Nascar...and now open wheel Nascar. ...still think ALMS rules and LMES of course....  I attended Sebring in '05 and the numbers were up. Make sure you get your camera ready for the "sunset shots" coming off the mainstraight...awesome
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 10:53:07 am »

OK found out what that Radical is all about, it's basically a Radical SR9 with a VW V10 running on bio-diesel stuck in the back.
Nothing to do with their LMP1 plans of a few years ago.

EI have a picture of the car:
http://www.endurance-info.com/2008_ALMS/00_EcoRacingRadical.jpg
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 11:13:14 am »

Well, the LMP1 field is quit slim, but better then last year, at least Peugeot can try to give audi a run for their money!!

GT-1 like last year is not looking good. GT-2 is a nice field, nice variety of cars and LMP-2 is also looking good, lot of competition in that class. Looking forward to seeing Jan Lammers in action this year. Only 13 days to go!!!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
NelisB

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 03:21:49 pm »

OK found out what that Radical is all about, it's basically a Radical SR9 with a VW V10 running on bio-diesel stuck in the back.
Nothing to do with their LMP1 plans of a few years ago.

EI have a picture of the car:
http://www.endurance-info.com/2008_ALMS/00_EcoRacingRadical.jpg
That's a damn good engine I think I heared people say of getting 1000nm out of that engine in the VW Touareg when tuning it a bit. In it's normal form it has 750nm and 315 bhp or something. That should make for some nice racing. Hope it will perform good.

2008 - First time Le Mans
2009 - Second time?
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 03:25:36 pm »

That's a damn good engine I think I heared people say of getting 1000nm out of that engine in the VW Touareg when tuning it a bit. In it's normal form it has 750nm and 315 bhp or something. That should make for some nice racing. Hope it will perform good.

As long as they have a gearbox and drivetrain capable of that level of torque.  Wouldn't want any snapped driveshafts.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 03:36:55 pm »

It's even more 610bhp and 1100Nm according to Ian Dawson.
nickliv
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 03:41:35 pm »

Bloody hell, a big tuned diesel. Will it sound like a skeleton having a w**k in a filing cabinet compared to the Audis?
NelisB

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 03:49:52 pm »

It's even more 610bhp and 1100Nm according to Ian Dawson.
Wow that's even more awesome. I've personally not heard of them getting that much out of the engine but hell if they do it's a nice engine.
I don't know the track but if it has alot of corners it could favor the car alot.

2008 - First time Le Mans
2009 - Second time?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: