Club Arnage
October 02, 2024, 12:27:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LMS Barcelona - 4/5/6 April  (Read 2999 times)
rdjones
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2008, 10:54:31 pm »

Is anyone going to Barcelona in April for the LMS?  I have just booked my flights and hotel.  Barcelona is some where I have wanted to visit for a long time so chance are I will only be at the track on race day.

Really looking forward to it.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 09:39:47 pm »

Unfortunately not me , as  going as I'm away on holiday that weekend, but it would have been a strong possibility. The track is easy to get to with a hire car (Granollers). I've no idea what camping is like though.
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 11:56:25 am »

I would have gone if I wouldn't go to Sebring, but guess what.
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 01:59:54 pm »

Is anyone going to Barcelona in April for the LMS?  I have just booked my flights and hotel.  Barcelona is some where I have wanted to visit for a long time so chance are I will only be at the track on race day.

Really looking forward to it.
Whatch your wallet, money etc. at the track. There are lots of TGB's there and it's the only race track I and a lot of other friends have had pockets picked......
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 05:58:10 pm »

Also watch yourself in the city itself, on a previuos trip our coacg driver warned to keep wallet etc in front pocket of your trousers, and hands in pockets at all times
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 09:54:28 pm »

I've been to Barcelona quite a few times , and quite happily (foolishly?) walked around by myself up till about midnight or so.
However there were two occasions when put me on guard a bit, both times just off LAS RAMBLAS, once in a pretty square with a fountain and lots of tourists, so minding my own business then the oddball that always hangs out looking for tourists to tap approaches and tries to make conversation, he may just have been the friendly type but I just ignored him and walked off (hands in pockets!).

The other was just to the south side of las ramblas where it goes from touristy shops to a more run down seedy type of area, no trouble but the state of the area showed that it may be home to some more shady types, so probably best avoided.

The other thing is that driving around Barcelona can be a pain without a navigator, I drove round for what seemed like hours looking for the "Sagrada", even tried following the signs but the one way system defeated me so I found a bar for a drink instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: