Club Arnage
September 25, 2024, 11:16:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken my home internet connection  (Read 3423 times)
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2008, 11:23:31 am »

I seem to have lost my home internet connection.  I got a message up this morning something about a new IP and I just clicked "home location" and "ok".  (It didnt give me an option not to click ok!)

I didnt really read it properly so not sure what it actually said to be honest - but it looked official.

Anyway the result is that I dont seem to be able to connect to the internet at all now.

Any of you computer buffs give me a clue as to what I do to get back online?  All advice gratefully received.  (As long as it isnt "dont click things when you havent read them properly"... )

F

P.S.  If its relevant I am with Virgin (ex NTL) and have all the usual firewall/virus stuff.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 01:26:43 pm »

Well the famous but horrible "switch i t all off and then switch it all on again".  May fix things.

If you restart your PC and if you know how to restart your router/modem that would be less agressive but achive the same result.

If that doesn't work PM me and I try to talk you though so tests.

T.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 01:38:28 pm »

"switch i t all off and then switch it all on again". 

I tried just a re-start with no improvement, but had to get off to work.  I will have a proper go when I get home this evening and see what happens.  Thanks.

F

Edit:  Hmm - just pondered about pm'ing if I cant get online!
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 01:43:41 pm »

I seem to have lost my home internet connection.  I got a message up this morning something about a new IP and I just clicked "home location" and "ok".  (It didnt give me an option not to click ok!)

I didnt really read it properly so not sure what it actually said to be honest - but it looked official.

Anyway the result is that I dont seem to be able to connect to the internet at all now.

Any of you computer buffs give me a clue as to what I do to get back online?  All advice gratefully received.  (As long as it isnt "dont click things when you havent read them properly"... )

F

P.S.  If its relevant I am with Virgin (ex NTL) and have all the usual firewall/virus stuff.
Sounds like that your ISP gave you a new external IP, and your firewall asked you whether you're ok with blocking it? That's all I can come up with at the moment, should be solvable at the firewallsettings.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 05:21:53 pm »

We also use virgin as our ISP, and we are still connected, no mention of changes to the system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: